[Megathread] Sombra is a useless EMP bot. (We did it!)

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 24 Next
I agree with 1, 2, and 4 especially, but 3 is eh. If they reduce her spread it needs to be very slight. Enough to as you said, destroy a Sym turret in less than 20 bullets but nothing insane. Her current 1v1 potential is hit or miss (literally) as if you get lucky and land enough crits you might win or most of your spread misses and you lose.

However, if she got both that and removal of the stealth delay idk. She’d almost always get a pick out of stealth (if the person being dove doesn’t get support immediately) and that seems a little too scary for the amount of utility Sombra already carries in her kit.
11/21/2017 01:47 PMPosted by LilJinx
2. Sugar Skull needs to show up above a hacked enemy.

This MUST become a thing.

Also I dont know about anyone else, but I hate that the hacked ult symbol above enemies is white. Much harder to see now.

Also... I would love to see a 20 second duration on the Translocater instead of 15.

Thats all I want.
I remember a time where you could cancel the out of stealth animation. It didn't make the hero op by any means since she doesn't have any burst damage. I mean, they could still keep like 0,25 sec but that's about it. Sombra wouldn't be op just with that.

Oh and agreed on the hack visual feedback, too much people do not see when I hack a critical target, it can be annoying at times. It's a team game and as such every ability should be clear to read for everyone.
Finally someone that actually convinced me why spread reduction should be done.

I might be a bit too cautious here, I still think Sombra shouldn't get a straight "practical damage buff". IMO she should be good at initiating and closing fights, but weak at mid-fights, having a "straight damage buff" would also buff her mid fight. Therefore, I think something else should get toned down slightly to emphasize the reduced spread more as improvements to her infiltrating / cleaning up capability.

Since it has been discussed that increase fall off is not ideal, how about combining it with a speed increase during stealth? That way she can rush down the injured target faster
Another idea could be reduce her slip size to 50 or something so that she won't become the reliable mid range DPS
11/22/2017 03:52 AMPosted by WhyAlwaysMe
Finally someone that actually convinced me why spread reduction should be done.

I might be a bit too cautious here, I still think Sombra shouldn't get a straight "practical damage buff". IMO she should be good at initiating and closing fights, but weak at mid-fights, having a "straight damage buff" would also buff her mid fight. Therefore, I think something else should get toned down slightly to emphasize the reduced spread more as improvements to her infiltrating / cleaning up capability.

Since it has been discussed that increase fall off is not ideal, how about combining it with a speed increase during stealth? That way she can rush down the injured target faster
Another idea could be reduce her slip size to 50 or something so that she won't become the reliable mid range DPS
How about a slower ramp up of the spread?
Yep I agree that she needs some buffing dude. I also still want a damage buff to whoever she has hacked and emp so she can finish the job. Also reduce the voice line of her tell the enemy to turn around and shoot her.
I totally agree with you.
Here's an another post i've created not long ago, but it "sank" :
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759252082#post-1
Have my upvote, seems interesting.
11/22/2017 01:52 AMPosted by Snowflake
11/21/2017 01:41 PMPosted by heyyVirus
Sombra is already an amazing hero that has been quite popular lately

Sombra is popular? It is like i see less and less of them...
I’ve been seeing a lot of Sombras lately. Only time I don’t see one is if I take Sombra.

11/22/2017 01:34 AMPosted by Zeron
Wrong.

reducing her spread wil make her job HARDER. Her spread is one of her strengths, because of her playstyle. If you reduce her gun spread, itll make it harder for her to hit her targets effectively.

Leave as it is, and learn to play Sombra.

Sombra is already pretty balance as it is. Please dont touch her, or they will reduce her clip size or damage in someway.
I’m pretty sure I know how to play Sombra. If they were to reduce her spread slighlty, it wouldn’t make it harder to hit targets, nor will they have to nerf something else on her weapon considering it’s already underpowered. Also I’m not going to take advice from a barely Gold Soldier 76 main, and barely any Sombra in Quickplay..

11/21/2017 10:59 PMPosted by Balsty
I'm amazed that you list sym turrets as a reason.
The Sym turrets were just an example of how frustrating her spread can be.
I think the uninterruptible invisibility was an interesting suggestion. Her problem isn't really losing invisibility, it's losing the speed that comes with it, just because a stray bullet hit her. Someone suggested make her temporarily translucent when hit instead of interrupting invis. I think that's perfect, because it would keep her running instead of make hwr instantly dead because she's painfully slow when caught. If they chase, she still dies, but she has a chance to maybe get to a pack.

The being able to shoot right out of stealth I also think is right. The reality is, now that both genji and hanzo can shoot right out of wallclimb, it's basically shooting out of stealth, lol. You're on the second floor and out of nowhere, "SCATTER" you're dead. So I don't think sombra really is so scary to require this delay.

I don't think she necessarily needs a damage buff, little things like this could make all the difference. But maybe. I don't know. She just doesn't feel like a superhero at the moment. You work so hard to achieve what other heroes can do much more easily.
I'd really support a shorter uncloaking time and sombra not shouting "IM OVER HEREEEE!!!!" whenever she comes out of stealth
I would really love it if abilities were hacked during the hack animation. Meaning instant hack but the full duration isn't guaranteed. For example, if you start to hack Soldier he cant helix you or drop a healing station in anticipation of the ensuing duel. He would have to actually shoot you to break the hacking process. This also means hacking turrets becomes viable, cause they wouldn't shoot you during the hacking process.

Translocator should not be disabled by Mei or Zarya.

It would be great if shooting an invisible Sombra only made her purple outline flicker on for a fraction of a second instead of completely disabling invisibility.

Other ideas for underpowered heroes
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759516352
Not letting this go to the bottom.
Two things:

1- Can we make this THE sombra megathread?

2- Big @$$ unpopular opinion: EMP is busted and it needs a nerf. I absolutely despise that we let Sombra be such a lackluster hero because her EMP is so powerful. As a sombra main and OW E-sport fan it upsets me that she is only played as a support. When you have a DPS that on the highest level of play it can get is played as nothing but a support, you know there is a balance and/or design problem. The coaches, the players and even the commentators refer to the "Sombra Defense" comp as an EMP farm fest. The best Sombra is the Sombra that can farm EMP every push, when a Sombra fails to do so, is always referred as a "Bad Sombra Player". When a Sombra is showcased, the commentary is always about her EMP.

If the treatment that pro-play gives to Sombra doesn't convince you that she is a walking ultimate, i don't know what will.
11/22/2017 06:38 AMPosted by lettucefase
I would really love it if abilities were hacked during the hack animation. Meaning instant hack but the full duration isn't guaranteed. For example, if you start to hack Soldier he cant helix you or drop a healing station in anticipation of the ensuing duel. He would have to actually shoot you to break the hacking process. This also means hacking turrets becomes viable, cause they wouldn't shoot you during the hacking process.

It would be great if shooting an invisible Sombra only made her purple outline flicker on for a fraction of a second instead of completely disabling invisibility.

The point about translocator is interesting. Maybe zarya grav holding her makes sense. But mei freezing you should not slow the momentum of your translocator throw. A lot of times I'm able to last second throw a translocator on a rooftop and get out of the blizzard. But sometimes, especially if mei is focusing me, the translocator freezes too and drops right in front of me instead of where I threw it. Whereas if it had gone where I wanted I could have been out of there. This makes no sense to me. The object I'm throwing should not lose momentum from freeze.
11/22/2017 07:34 AMPosted by DǶvǶa
Two things:

2- Big @$$ unpopular opinion: EMP is busted and it needs a nerf. I absolutely despise that we let Sombra be such a lackluster hero because her EMP is so powerful. As a sombra main and OW E-sport fan it upsets me that she is only played as a support. When you have a DPS that on the highest level of play it can get is played as nothing but a support, you know there is a balance and/or design problem. The coaches, the players and even the commentators refer to the "Sombra Defense" comp as an EMP farm fest. The best Sombra is the Sombra that can farm EMP every push, when a Sombra fails to do so, is always referred as a "Bad Sombra Player". When a Sombra is showcased, the commentary is always about her EMP.

If the treatment that pro-play gives to Sombra doesn't convince you that she is a walking ultimate, i don't know what will.

I dont think thats an unpopular opinion. I would happily take Sombra buffs across the board for a slower EMP charge rate.
Agreed. TF2's Spy has a decloak delay because he can instantly kill you. Sombra has a delay because...she has one of the worst guns in the game??? What is Blizzard afraid of? They already compensated for her insane mobility by giving her that trash water pistol. Oh and making hack easily interruptable unless you flanked all six of them perfectly. And hack being crap in the first place, except against Rein and D.va, and only a few others.
11/22/2017 07:34 AMPosted by DǶvǶa
Two things:

EMP is fine. Her kit is designed around creating win conditions for her team.
11/22/2017 07:38 AMPosted by Greenche
11/22/2017 06:38 AMPosted by lettucefase

The point about translocator is interesting. Maybe zarya grav holding her makes sense. But mei freezing you should not slow the momentum of your translocator throw. A lot of times I'm able to last second throw a translocator on a rooftop and get out of the blizzard. But sometimes, especially if mei is focusing me, the translocator freezes too and drops right in front of me instead of where I threw it. Whereas if it had gone where I wanted I could have been out of there. This makes no sense to me. The object I'm throwing should not lose momentum from freeze.

Sorry I copied that comment from another post I made where I suggested Mei's freeze should disable movement abilities to counter Tracer/Soldier/Genji(Not Sombra, cause moving=/=teleporting).
I love these suggestions, especially about Sombra's gun...I'm a support main who doesn't have a ton of DPS experience but something definitely feels awful about Sombra's gun. I feel like I can't finish anything off, or that her range is just hard for me to understand? Like, I love playing Tracer, and I understand her gun. Close range, I can absolutely slaughter people. But even when I'm close up with Sombra, the effect isn't even remotely similar. I feel like I'm always just tickling the enemy.