Triple Que vs 6 Stack

Competitive Discussion
Currently it's possible for two triple ques to get matched against a six stack. This simply should NEVER happen.

A six stack will likely have the following advantages:
- Team Synergy
- Team Comp
- Communication

You can also cheese the system to play with substantially worse players. If a stack of 6 has one player in low silver while the entire team is in platinum you basically are forcing the system to put you against golds. (This works with pretty much every rank).The triple que players most of the time lose.

6 stacks should only play against 6 stacks regardless of Que times.
I was in a three stack and we got a duo and a solo player against a six stack. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.
12/01/2017 01:44 PMPosted by airrodgers12
I was in a three stack and we got a duo and a solo player against a six stack. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Games like this are basically unwinnable, Even when you have the SR advantage.
2 solutions. Solo que and group que. No inbetweens.
12/01/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Sickjen
Currently it's possible for two triple ques to get matched against a six stack. This simply should NEVER happen.

- Team Synergy
- Team Comp
- Communication

You can also cheese the system to play with substantially worse players. If a stack of 6 has one player in low silver while the entire team is in platinum you basically are forcing the system to put you against golds. (This works with pretty much every rank).The triple que players most of the time lose.

You should NEVER be punished for getting your !@#$ organized.

If you care about having the competitive experience then you 6 stack, and 6 stacking should not be a death sentence to your queue times.
12/01/2017 09:12 PMPosted by RobotWizard

If you care about having the competitive experience then you 6 stack, and 6 stacking should not be a death sentence to your queue times.

If other people agree with you, then there will be no shortage of 6 stacks to fight against.
12/01/2017 10:05 PMPosted by Shmanda
12/01/2017 09:12 PMPosted by RobotWizard

If other people agree with you, then there will be no shortage of 6 stacks to fight against.

There isn't, I play against salty 3 stacks all day. Makes for good easy games.

I am super surprised how many people complain that people don't take comp seriously, and then soloQ. It's like, you know what you are in for right?

There isn't enough people 6 stacking, but the forums are on fire with complains about Throwers, OTPs, not having enough healers / tanks, Bad team compositions, bad players, people who are toxic etc.

And then they don't 6 stack. I just shake my head in wonder. It's like they are addicted to the drama.

And then they complain they are playing against people who avoid all that drama, like it is a bad thing :)

They could do it any time. But instead they downvote, and get angry at the simplest problem in overwatch to solve.

Meanwhile, I have good game after good game.
What they should be doing is encouraging more people to play in 6-stacks. Instead of tossing you in games where the SR is skewed in the enemy's favor. It's a team game, why aren't we encouraging team play? If team play gets handicapped in solo queue, give us a team queue.
I played a game of Comp and we won. I suggested we all stay as a team and we did.

This is one reason 6 stacks should play versus 5 stacks.
12/01/2017 10:21 PMPosted by SwiftDeath
What they should be doing is encouraging more people to play in 6-stacks. Instead of tossing you in games where the SR is skewed in the enemy's favor. It's a team game, why aren't we encouraging team play? If team play gets handicapped in solo queue, give us a team queue.

Right, a "looking for group" system would be perfect.

I am sure they are working on one, it solves so many of their problems.
Happened to me and my 2 friends last night, we we're trio queing at 2 am and got put against a almost full 6 stack consiting of almost all GMs, while we we're queing at 3800 mmr.
The matchmaker compensates. If I ever go against a 6 stack when I solo/duo, I think "free win" unless they have some super low level acct in their stack who is obviously a smurf. If there isn't a smurf, the matchmaker compensates for the perceived advantage of 6 stacking and puts higher ranked solo/duo queues against them. MOST of the time I win these games (unless of course they have a smurf).

Most 6 stacks aren't teams that have any real synergy, it's just 6 friends who happen to be online at the same time.
12/01/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Sickjen

- Team Synergy
- Team Comp
- Communication

Ok, well I don't want to face your trio as a solo player, or a duo for that matter either.

Let's just segment the queues into what players would accept they face, and increase the queue times exponentially overall.

Sounds great to me! There are a lot more solo players that want to face other solo players, rather than the pre-mades numbering in anything.
I completely agree, it's like solo queue, why can't there be an option for strict solo queue. Some of the pure solo queue games I've had have actually and ironically been the most enjoyable ones compared to those with duo insta lock DPS for example.