For Those Saying Moira Nerf Is Fine

General Discussion
11/21/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Pachuko
Moira can stay as she is.
All you need is a frontline tank (Orisa/Reinhardt) to counter her. No healing juice for you.

Could that be the real problem, no one willing to barrier tank?

the only tank who counter moira is dva since she eats orbs. The rest is just sitting ducks filling your ultimate with dammage orbs since everyone is packed behind the shield
11/21/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Amethysthaze
11/21/2017 08:58 AMPosted by sam453oh
Her beam range is too much

Stop

20m is too much bro and no aim required
I am okay with the nerf, if they would up the recharge of her healing.
I dont know why they are nerfing her... She literaly has no utility outside of her healing. Zen have his Discord orb, Lucio his Speed boost, Mercy can rez and dmg amp, Ana can sleep you and have an anti-heal nade, so what is Moira have? Literaly nothing outside of the healing... So I think her soft lockon is justified ( especially bc she have low dps ).
Moira's beam is not even comparable to Zarya's beam, even if they required same amount of tracking, thanks to the gif which shows this nicely.

https://gfycat.com/ScalyDizzyBluegill

Moira's beam needs to LATCH onto targets before it starts to deal damage in ticks. If you miss tracking even for one tiny microsecond, the beam disconnects from the target and you will lose ticks of damage and have to basically start all over again, making her dps even worse than the 50dps it should be. This makes it so her own survivability against anything and everything that actually moves is questionable at best, since she RELIES on her self-heal to stay alive. Anything that actually strafes, aka anything above gold, become her biggest nemesis as her beam will break constantly.

Also, flankers become Moira's biggest counters. Genji is still deflecting her balls away and now becomes untrackable and she can no longer get any self heal or even damage done properly due to deflect. It will be nightmarish.

Zarya's beam is a constant source of damage into wherever you are aiming at, so it is a lot more forgiving and provides damage basically near instantly as you track targets. It doesn't have to do a latch and THEN deal damage.

Moira's beam needs longer lockon range due to it's latch on mechanics. Otherwise the character is completely unviable
11/21/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Pachuko
Moira can stay as she is.
All you need is a frontline tank (Orisa/Reinhardt) to counter her. No healing juice for you.

Could that be the real problem, no one willing to barrier tank?

the only tank who counter moira is dva since she eats orbs. The rest is just sitting ducks dulling your ultimate with dammage orbs since everyone is packed behind the shield
The unstoppable damage orbs have a cap of 200 and you cannot increase it's damage with boost. It only depletes faster, giving it a average DPS of 20 spread over the entire team. (10 sec cooldown/200 damage)

Dva stops 20 DPS or 30 HPS orbs

But if you stop right hand beam, you stop her left hand healing, forcing her orbs to healing. Stopping the damage orbs more effectively.

Barriers stop 50 DPS and 80 HPS hitting multiple enemies at once

Dva is more like a bonus to the real counter, barriers.
The hate on heroes who don't require aim is getting out of hand now. There are different types of skills needed, and while someone like Soldier 76 requires more mechanical skill than, say, a Winston or a Reinhardt, the two tanks require more skill in terms of positioning than Soldier does.

But no, most DPS mains only think COD no scoping aim is skill and game sense doesn't matter in this game ... Sad that Moira, another game sense based hero, is being nerfed.
11/21/2017 08:59 AMPosted by Senomar
11/21/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Eguzky

If she has a harder time dealing damage, she has a harder time generating her resource.

If she has a harder time generating her resource, she can't heal as much.

You play under drugs or just can't lauch an orb then clicking on your mouse ? x)

her orb damage doesn't regenerate her healing meter
She needs tracking, such as character like Zarya
Imagine Zarya getting Moira hitbox on her beam? she would be insane, even tho at 0charge

Things is people need to stop thinking "new hero" means u can master her immediately
As "fairly" every hero, i believe, u need to practice and get good sensitivity setting and then train your tracking

Her beam has unlimited ressources, dont forget it too
I played her, liked her playstyle. Locking on players is easy for me so im not feeling the hurt other players are feeling. The nerf still wont affect me as im actually really good at tracking, however I dont think moira needed this nerf. I think blizzard did this because her beam was doing crazy wall lock on the same way symmetra does. I dont care for the nerf but I think blizzard will help or adjust moira in some way
11/21/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Yellowshadow
She needs tracking, such as character like Zarya
Imagine Zarya getting Moira hitbox on her beam? she would be insane, even tho at 0charge

Things is people need to stop thinking "new hero" means u can master her immediately
As "fairly" every hero, i believe, u need to practice and get good sensitivity setting and then train your tracking

Her beam has unlimited ressources, dont forget it too

Moira autolock is not an advantage for skilled players.
Tracking would be a huge buff for people that can AIM since you'll keep the same dammage output without the locking time her right click needs...

As I stated before :

11/21/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Senomar

DPS is not too high, auto AIM is not a problem. I think the problem is that the hero is based on ressource management but currently there is 0 ressource management because if you play with half a brain you'll never have you're healing bar empty. And when that happens you can just pop the ultimate you have every team fights because one orb well used give you 20% of the ultimate ressource meter.

The fact is when you have almost 0 playtime on this hero is it okay to beat other heroes mastered by their players ?

I mean when you start Phara you struggle with jetpack ressource meter/move in the air/projectile AIM, when you start Winston you struggle with timing to engage/focus/shield management, when you start Symetra you struggle with rotation (when fight with team, when flank, when settle turrets)/barrier use, when you start Lucio you struggle with positionning/wall ride/song swap...
Those heroes are considered as pretty easy to use and they all have something you need to learn.
The Moira thing you need to learn appeared to be ressource management. But currently when you strat playing with her you get 4 golds and your healing ressource is never empty. No positioning risk unless you get OTK, orbs are almost always effective since it bounce, slow when cross targets and it's an AOE...

I'm gonna restart this. I don't think Moira is "OP" but yes I think :
- on one hand she's above every other supports
- on another had she's heavying countered by DVA wich make the already DVA must pick more mandatory but still with bad counters (Mei, Doomfist, Zarya...)