Would removing baby d.va be a buff or a nerf?

General Discussion
What’s up with the downvotes? It was a theoretical question lol
11/22/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Crusher48
Let's say that D.va no longer ejects when her mech is reduced to 0 health, and instead just dies. (Self destruct is unchanged, however). Would this be a buff or a nerf to D.va?

Well you can hardly expect us to fap to a MEKA, can you?
It's a buff.
All Dva utility lies in her mech.
Baby Dva ult make the mech respawn time longer.
So it will be a buff.
There is a reason why pro players kill themself when they are in baby dva most of the time
They should just change it so that every time you kill D.va's mech, it goes into self-destruct mode.

Then change the ult to something like self-nanoboost.
...I do love baby D.Va's pistol
https://i.imgur.com/YAGpXPd.png

I actually prefer playing as baby D.va. It's a shame that you really shouldn't stay like that if you can call your mech, since de-meching is supposed to be a disadvantage.
11/22/2017 09:47 PMPosted by XOLiD
They should just change it so that every time you kill D.va's mech, it goes into self-destruct mode.

Then change the ult to something like self-nanoboost.

Yeah. That actually would fit the playstyle.

Self-Destruct as an ult is pretty crappy. Remember at launch, the countdown was even longer and it would kill D.Va? They shortened it but it still rarely gets kills because it's still the longest telegraph in the game. Lots of ults get better when combo'd, but D.Va's defaults to garbage unless you combo it with a hard control ult.

D.Va is the hero they were like: "Let's try all these wacky ideas like having her self destruct or be able to get out of the mech, but let's execute those those ideas so they're really unfun and handicapped and make the rest of her design really under-powered to compensate for the whimsy!"
Actually, I think that if her mech is completely destroyed, D.Va should die with it but,
BUT
Compensate her with the ability to eject from her mech at will, so say when it's down to 10%, activate eject. This would also open up some tactical possibilities as she could boost in and eject for a diversion or trick the enemy into thinking she's self-destructing.

Once out of the mech, she would still have to recharge her mech call meter just like she does now.
When D.Va was announced she was toated as being effective both in and out of mech for different things, I think instead of rockets we should have gotten new stuff for baby D.Va, and an ability to get out of mech without it needing to be self destructing, where it repairs itself and can be called to Baby D.Va with its current remaining health, Making call mech an ability, and giving her one or two more abilities in baby form, making her ult in either form to caus the mech to self destruct, whether she is in it or not.
11/22/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Pakaku
It's a straight nerf in every way.
I understand the logic, but I disagree. DVA's kit allows her to do 'DVA things'. She can matrix to stop ults. She can boop people off the map. She can stop pressure from pharah. She can flank supports and melt them with rockets.

Baby DVA does none of that.

And while you may feel like you're doing something, because you aren't dead, and your ult meter charges really fast when you land a string of pew pew pews... the truth is.. most of the time... even when everything goes REALLY well as baby dva... you are only doing slightly more than being dead.
Just like her mech, Baby DVA needs a suicide button
LEAVE D.VA ALONE.
11/22/2017 09:40 PMPosted by Cryptic
What’s up with the downvotes? It was a theoretical question lol

Sounds like spreading the idea of no no longer having baby D.Va. I don’t like that lol
In pro-games (And i talk worldcup and such) Many Baby-Divas suicide themselves as quickly as possible to gain their mech again after a respawn.
Baby Diva isn't all too bad, but Mecha-diva is much stronger.

I'd say, for low-level play it would be a nerf, for higher levels it would be a buff
11/23/2017 10:59 AMPosted by DrDooManiC
In pro-games (And i talk worldcup and such) Many Baby-Divas suicide themselves as quickly as possible to gain their mech again after a respawn.

I'd say, for low-level play it would be a nerf, for higher levels it would be a buff

Not just that, but when it comes to higher levels of play, enemies can stagger you long enough to deter you from getting your mech back. Hence why D.va players at high levels, tend to suicide.
11/23/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Crestren
11/23/2017 10:59 AMPosted by DrDooManiC

Not just that, but when it comes to higher levels of play, enemies can stagger you long enough to deter you from getting your mech back. Hence why D.va players at high levels, tend to suicide.

Jep, and by doing that they stagger your spawn as mecha-diva
So you guys who think this is a buff are forgetting just how fragile meka is or just ignoring that? Because you can lose meka in seconds since it's made out of paper. The only thing that makes this tolerable is baby dva. They would need to buff meka significantly in order to do this is or dva would be trash.