Brutal Sexism

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 38 Next
12/08/2017 04:40 AMPosted by Chublis
12/08/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Succubus
Aaaaand times up. You have utterly failed to present any type of argument whatsoever or demonstrate logical thinking. On the plus side, I no longer believe your reading comprehension is bad and just that you're intentionally misreading that person's argument just to try and make yourself feel smart.
Are you off your meds or something? YOU are misreading her words, she told you that herself!

Your entire argument is based on erroneous reasoning, and you cannot, or simply refuse to see it. Your understanding of her argument is flawed. I've told you that you're misunderstanding her words, the person who originally made the argument has told you that you're misunderstanding her words.

This discussion is beyond over. You are delusional.

There's honestly no point, we are just feeding him at this point. He purposefully misconstrued my argument for his own gain and chose to interpret it the way he wanted to. He perfectly well knows what I meant, considering I've literally clarified so myself, so there's no point.
Some parents really failed in education...
12/08/2017 04:44 AMPosted by Succubus
Do you know what "backpedaling" means? Wait, maybe you don't, since you also don't know what "strawman" is.
How is that backpeddling? That's what I've been saying this whole time, you idiot!
he said, after the fifth time he'd been utterly embarrassed.
You're insane. You're an insane person.

You've argued against weird made-up misinterpreted arguments that nobody ever espoused. You've failed to listen to reason and common sense. You stuck your fingers in your ears when the original poster told you you were wrong and I was right. You took obvious hyperbole completely literally.

And that's before we even get onto the fact that you're nearly 40 years of age arguing on a video game forum in the middle of the day.

I'm blocking you now, this has been a total waste of time. Please don't bother responding again. What an utter, utter imbecile.
12/08/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Alexhtfnutty
There's honestly no point, we are just feeding him at this point. He purposefully misconstrued my argument for his own gain and chose to interpret it the way he wanted to. He perfectly well knows what I meant, considering I've literally clarified so myself, so there's no point.
Yeah I'm done with him now. What an unreasonable, delusional weirdo.
Do you know what "backpedaling" means? Wait, maybe you don't, since you also don't know what "strawman" is.
How is that backpeddling? That's what I've been saying this whole time, you idiot!

Not you. Her.

I take it back. Your reading comprehension actually is bad.

he said, after the fifth time he'd been utterly embarrassed.
You're insane. You're an insane person.

Oh hey, look who's back again.

You've argued against weird made-up misinterpreted arguments that nobody ever espoused. You've failed to listen to reason and common sense. You stuck your fingers in your ears when the original poster told you you were wrong and I was right. You took obvious hyperbole completely literally.

LOL "hyperbole". Here's the thing though: even if I did, that discredits your entire point of it being a "strawman". If her point was hyperbole, then I responded with the same level of hyperboly in my original statement.

But, even adjusting for their "real" argument with less outrageous claims, she's still wrong. This is the point you utterly fail to grasp over and over.

I'm blocking you now, this has been a total waste of time. Please don't bother responding again. What an utter, utter imbecile.

Bye bye yet again.

12/08/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Alexhtfnutty

I didn't "misconstrue" jack. You intentionally used a ridiculous argument to mock the idea of sexism and, when you got called out on it, you backpedaled like Lance Armstrong on rewind. You can keep your BS "clarification" and go somewhere else with your nonsense.
I'm sorry that you are unable to mute whoever talks !@#$ to you :(

maybe someday you'll have the enough IQ to do so.

or hey, just listen to it all and post it here or on youtube, that works too, plus u get fake internet points yay.
12/08/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Senomar

Exactly!

The reason for so many trolls... bad parenting. No ethics, no values taught etc

12/08/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Squishie

or hey, just listen to it all and post it here or on youtube, that works too, plus u get fake internet points yay.

Thank you for being an example of the kind of person we are talking about regarding ignorant toxicity.
12/08/2017 07:39 AMPosted by MisAdventure
12/08/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Senomar

Exactly!

The reason for so many trolls... bad parenting. No ethics, no values taught etc

12/08/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Squishie

Thank you for being an example of the kind of person we are talking about regarding ignorant toxicity.

Like it or not, it's the truth, she had a choice
she could have muted them from the start and finished her game, but she chose to listen.

Not really much can be done here
I'm not sure how the report system precisely works but if someone gets reported does a human look at the report? Should certain word use get fast tracked in a report (ie the system would flag up if someone said certain words)? Or does it require a certain number of reports before anyone does anything about it?

In my opinion, the reporting system needs to be overhulled or changed so things get done about extreme toxic players much quicker.

We shouldn't have to just block/mute every single toxic player just so someone else experiences it, they're not going to be punished if all that happens is being muted/blocked by one individual, they ultimately still are in the community to spread their toxicity, people who negatively contribute shouldn't be part of the community or at least should be told to stop.
12/06/2017 02:07 PMPosted by fairybuggy
12/06/2017 02:00 PMPosted by Genji
People are !@# holes, it doesn't matter who you are, you will get bullied by them. Toxic players don't care about your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or you. The only thing they care about is finding your weakness and exploiting it in an attempt to make themselves feel better about their miserable experiences. Most of them can justify this type of thought by convincing themselves that they are just "joking" or that the person they are harassing is trolling so its best that you mute them the moment you hear that stuff. Best thing you can do is mute, report, and not give these words power. Don't let stupid people control your emotions.

Large difference between whining and starting a conversation—between letting something control my emotions and speaking out about my experience. This affects my gameplay experience altogether. The "shut up and take it" mindset is problematic in this discussion.

First off i am sorry for your expirience and it is unfair that its like that.
But his point is just practical (not problematic) advice things that are within your own power to do.

You do have options you can just not let it bother you (easyer said then done i know but some people can do it.),
Mute everything (Not very optimal).
Or do what i did join a community or start making friends and grouping with the decent people you meet.
Not only will there be no toxic people and will it be more fun your gameplay will improve by playing in groups with the same people.

you can't depend on blizzard to fix sexisme/toxic people completly .. i woudn't hold my breath anyway.
Things can be done to make it a bit better but this is sad to say somthing you realy need to fix for yourself.
You could say "but i shoudn't have to do this i should be able to play a game with out harrasment"
And your right but if that was the way things worked we woudn't need locks on cars or houses.

More to the point i do agree there is a distinction that can be made (in numbers of reports and punishment)
between people who are talking to there team in a harsh way (these people are tilted and there actions are wrong but generaly they might not be toxic in most games or won't go that far.)
and people who are just saying racist , sexists , overthetop toxic things often for no reason at all ( The ones where you think there is somthing seriously wrong with this person.)

Anyway gl
12/08/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Squishie

she could have muted them from the start and finished her game, but she chose to listen.

----->>. see below

12/08/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Rigel
I'm not sure how the report system precisely works but if someone gets reported does a human look at the report? Should certain word use get fast tracked in a report (ie the system would flag up if someone said certain words)? Or does it require a certain number of reports before anyone does anything about it?

In my opinion, the reporting system needs to be overhulled or changed so things get done about extreme toxic players much quicker.

We shouldn't have to just block/mute every single toxic player just so someone else experiences it, they're not going to be punished if all that happens is being muted/blocked by one individual, they ultimately still are in the community to spread their toxicity, people who negatively contribute shouldn't be part of the community or at least should be told to stop.

Agreed. It is the ACT of it happening to begin with. Can she take proactive actions? Sure.. but it does not negate the harassment itself that needs to be dealt with.
12/08/2017 08:02 AMPosted by MisAdventure
12/08/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Squishie

----->>. see below

12/08/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Rigel

Agreed. It is the ACT of it happening to begin with. Can she take proactive actions? Sure.. but it does not negate the harassment itself that needs to be dealt with.

Not really an argument, complaining about the report system.
Yes it's bad, it's very forgiving compared to league of legends, but she had a way to avoid all this and she didn't do it.

I am not saying its a good experience or i'm giving excuses to bullies, all i am trying to say, is that you could have avoided all this and she didn't.
12/08/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Squishie
I am not saying its a good experience or i'm giving excuses to bullies, all i am trying to say, is that you could have avoided all this and she didn't.

And the opposing argument that people are making is, "she could have but shouldn't have to".
12/08/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Succubus
12/08/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Squishie

And the opposing argument that people are making is, "she could have but shouldn't have to".

Precisely :) Doesn't feel like a solution to tell part of the population that they should eliminate part of the game's main functionality in order to avoid being battered or punished for their gender. Of course I mute people, and of course I don't take what is said to me to heart. But just because I don't take a guy catcalling me personally doesn't mean it's behavior that should be tolerated, and it doesn't mean it isn't damaging to gender equality on the whole. I shouldn't just have to ignore it or go out of my way to avoid it and hope it goes away.
Imagine a guy making a post like this...
I dont have a problem.. I have my profile picture on my xbox account, and yeah you get messages all the time, but u just can change settings so only friends can send u something.
If im in chat, yeah there are guys who tryin to 18+ talk... Then im like, oke boy, u really need some fresh air, instead of gaming 24/7.... ;)
If its mean things, i dont even care, i dont know you.. So why would u think i bother.. If you need to say bad things to me to make u feel better, well i hope i made ur day...

If i tell i have a son, then they are like.. mm a !@#$... heard that a 1000+ time... well boy not ur %^-* ;)

It all works basicly same as real life.. I dont mind.. If i need to care about all that what man say to me (good or bad) then i might as well lock myself in a basement..
12/08/2017 09:44 AMPosted by John
Imagine a guy making a post like this...
Thing is, I've never met a single guy who has had even close the same amount of sexist garbage spouted at him, as the amount that gets spouted at women in this game. Not even in real life (and I live in a very angrily liberal town), or in more public online venues. And I hang out with more guys than girls, and we talk politics and gender issues all the time, so I feel like I'd have a pretty male-centric perspective if anything.

But to address your post in a different light: if this situation was reversed, and guys were a minority who frequently had women telling them to "go back to the basement" or that as males they didn't belong or other gender-based insults just because they were dudes using voice chat - I would hope that those men would bring the topic up, and I would hope that I'd support them when they shared their experiences and urged the community to take a stand against misandry.
Just as an example, I personally believe that straight males who are called "gay" or "f-words" for any superficial reasons, including possessing effeminate characteristics, have a valid cause to complain about sexism (and homophobia, since they tend to overlap). When I do see such topics, I go out of my way to support them.
12/08/2017 05:18 AMPosted by Alexhtfnutty
mean this is true but it doesn't make you a good teammate that's all. Makes you a pretty bad one actually.

It makes me a bad teammate for not wanting to deal with others ? yeah man, I'm a "bad teammate" for not wanting to be harassed / deal with salty people. Just like I'd be a "bad person" for calling the cops if someone was harassing / stalking me. :)
12/08/2017 05:05 AMPosted by Stranger
12/07/2017 06:49 PMPosted by Tamsa
If your PC is good enough try recording clips of this with shadowplay. Post it here on the forums and report it to blizzard. Call these people out by account name with proof - They deserve it for doing some of the things you described.

Not to witch hunt but to show blizzard gms who can outright remove them.

"Post it here to the forums"
"Not to witch hunt"

Pick one.

kind of like the reporting system... turns out 90% of the player base breaks the rules in chat.