Having a widow on your team is an auto loss in QP

General Discussion
with the amount of sustain and barriers going around she is next to useless even if you have decent aim
It is most certainly not an auto loss, it just doesn't help team moral much.

The problem with Widow is even if you are decent at her, everyone would rather have a decent Soldier 76 or Zenyata or, You fill in the blank.
11/27/2017 01:39 PMPosted by JellyandJam
It is most certainly not an auto loss

You have not seen my Widow.
Not entirely true. On a good match, while learning Widow, I've held a 70% accuracy and was able to pick off Pharahs, Weeaboos, and help secure kills with my venom mine around shields. It really depends on the map, though. With the exception of Ilios Ruins Control maps aren't very good for her, but most other maps she has some use if she learns to move around.
11/27/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Ace13
with the amount of sustain and barriers going around she is next to useless even if you have decent aim

Barriers? What kind of QP games have you been playing? Having a Widow on a team in quick play is no better or worse than having any of the other 4 awful DPS insta locks (or 3 insta locks and 1 Battle Moira) that make up most QP comps. Half the time if you see a barrier coming at you from the enemy team it's only because their Symmetra has pressed the wrong key by mistake. About the only positive thing you can say about quick play at the moment is that it's such a smouldering dumpster fire of a mode, so devoid of thought or tactics, that almost any hero is viable in most matches.
11/27/2017 01:47 PMPosted by Simian1975
About the only positive thing you can say about quick play at the moment is that it's such a smouldering dumpster fire of a mode, so devoid of thought or tactics, that almost any hero is viable in most matches.

I feel like my recent post is relevant here...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759577079?page=1
I'm pulling a 61% winrate with widow in QP. One of my highest winrates. This even includes using her with "troll" comps like 6 DPS and 5 support. Sometimes I win those games too. She's anything but an auto-loss pick.
Widow is in a worse and worse spot each patch, she is really hard to play even in optimal situations, but we are approaching a point where playing her with pristine aim is not rewarding.
No it's not. Both team in QP have widow, both can't lose
I love playing Widow and I'm not terrible with her, but she's situational. If you're not being effective ya gotta change.
There is no barriers in qp stop lying
11/27/2017 02:07 PMPosted by BuddaǶ
It may be just my bad luck, but many people play Orisa.

How can that be if both teams always have one?
11/27/2017 02:08 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
11/27/2017 02:07 PMPosted by BuddaǶ
It may be just my bad luck, but many people play Orisa.

This every game I played today, Zarya Dva or Orisa. Moira has refueled the tank meta. When your dps is widow and Mcree there not much you can do when their dps is junkrat and genji

In QP she is fine because there are usually no tanks.

In comp the shield spam is a problem.
Nah. I've had some Solid & good widows on my team.
I just dislike having 2 snipers on my team. It can work,but rarley does.