So to those who play a lot of Ana

General Discussion
Which heroes do you guys nano boost the most? I ask this because earlier today I have gotten the nano as Tracer and Pharah. I usually don't see them nanoboosted.

Also, if you were to nano uncommon heroes, what's your reasoning behind it? Apart from trying to save point.

So like we see Genji, Soldier, and Rein get nano the most.
i dont play ana but lately ive been getting nanod as dva and junkrat a lot, though lately ive been doing gold damage almost every game with dva XD
Winston is my favorite. Then Genji and Soldier.

Although might start Nanoing Moira more if she uses her ultimate offensively.
99% of all my nano boosts are accidental because some idiot walked in front of the dart like a lucio.
I believe Winston is by far the best nano target without ult 90% of the time. With an ult to combo probably Soldier of Genji. Roadhog ult + Nano can be amazing too, and I think it's pretty underrated.

I have definitely nano'd an ult-less Tracer, Pharah, Junkrat, Reaper, Sym, etc. before though. The times I do that are when a fight is really close, and both our team and the enemy team have only a few people left. In those scenerios the little bit of extra oomph can win you the fight.

But overall I definitely nano Winston the most. For heroes like Rein/Reaper/Sym it really depends on positioning. I'd only Nano them if they were already in the middle of the fight, or I know Rein has charge off cooldown and will go in as soon as I nano.
Genji, 76, and occasionally Reaper with ult or in OT.

Rein on occasions when I need someone who can soak a lot of damage for a push or defending a push and none of my DPS have ult ready.

Winston if they have a team full of juicy squishies that he can jump on.
Ana is my most played healer and i usually hit the standard targets ie. Solider, genji, winston. However nano on reaper is really effective as well. Whether reaper has ult or not he can pump so much damage into a team. Rein is a solid target after a shatter or if he has charged into the team and is swinging away. Zarya at high charge is not bad either.

I tend to nano targets that can either do a lot of splash damage like Winston or don't require pinpoint accuracy like reaper or ulting solider. So widow for instance could be very effective with nano but only if she makes her shots. Same would apply to mccree and tracer.
lucio

<3
All other factors being even, I'd say soldier is the best option. Combo it with his ult, and even if he doesn't find any kills, it's a guarantee that you get whatever space you want for its duration.

As for uncommon heroes (outside of desperation), I find Doomfist to be a really good boost target. That damage reduction allows him to really dive in and do what he does best.

I've also boosted a zen in the mid-fight once because I recognized he was hitting his shots and getting work done, plus we needed his ult faster. Won us the match in the end.
12/01/2017 01:09 PMPosted by NinjaZell
Which heroes do you guys nano boost the most? I ask this because earlier today I have gotten the nano as Tracer and Pharah. I usually don't see them nanoboosted.

Also, if you were to nano uncommon heroes, what's your reasoning behind it? Apart from trying to save point.

So like we see Genji, Soldier, and Rein get nano the most.

Winston+soldier+ulting genji get top priority. Never junkrat/snipers/healers
I've been Nano'd as Tracer.

It tickled.
you nano whoever has ult. but it’s usually tanks or dps. even when they don’t have ult, i use it for offensive pushes like on my hog if i see him walking in

sometimes i nano someone when they’re low on health cause of the 50% damage reduction to keep them alive for a bit
1) Whoever has an ult ready that benefits from nano, like Soldier, Genji, Reaper, Phara, Roadhog etc.

2) Whoever deals the most reliable damage if I can't rely on an ult and dps seems lacking eg. Winston.

3) Whoever I've noticed is doing reliable work for the team. This is when I would choose to nano someone "uncommon" like if I notice our Tracer is kicking !@#. I can trust that they'll be able to use it effectively if I boost them at a good time.

I wouldn't consider Pharah uncommon for nano boost, if they have ult. If no ult, I've probably noticed that they're getting a lot of work done for the team and trust they'll get a few kills out of a nano.
I haven't played Ana much in season 7, but I used to combo Nano with Pharah if she had ult up, because the 50% damage resilience typically keeps her alive while she's sitting there taking damage.
Ulting Mercy for maximum BM.
12/01/2017 01:18 PMPosted by heracles
99% of all my nano boosts are accidental because some idiot walked in front of the dart like a lucio.
Boostio is never a mistake!
DON'T nano other healers. It's ok to nano a Symmetra. DON'T nano snipers.

Every tank nano is situational. Rein is a forgiving choice. Using nano on a max charge Zarya, can wipe the other team. If this happens, the other team is like cockroaches when the lights turn on. Nano normal Winston, seems to work better than ult Winston. Where as ult Roahog nano is better than normal hog. Just try nano on Orisa when she ults :) make sure the enemy is going for the !@#$o and near orisa. DVa is :/

Sombra nano is only good for a laugh. All other DPS, is only as good as the DPS player. Bastion nano can work. Many of the Defense classes are a bit lack luster.
Priority is nearly always a high charge Zarya. After that, Rein or non-ulting Winston. I usually prefer staggering nano and visor and nanoblade doesn't really work at my elo. Rarely I'll nano to ensure someone survives on point or while ulting.
maybe its because I play a lot of Sym but if I'm Ana and theres a Sym on my team I'm giving it to her LMAO
If you have a coordinated team, nano junkrat + mercy damage boost lets him 1-shot with the concussion mine, but that's not common.