Gold is the must difficult rank to rankup

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
On my console account, I made it to ~2460 sr about 5 times and stayed in that range before a forced losing streak put me down to 2202.
12/07/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Reported
12/07/2017 02:14 PMPosted by WorstPlayer
People don't seem to understand just how difficult it is to get out of gold.

Everyone judges Gold players but they forget that Gold has the most ridiculous skill range in the whole game.

You got people who belong in Diamond but are put in Gold and can't get out due to forced losing streaks and bad teammates, and then you got new players as well as people who are awful at the game.

Exactly! Im with you on this journey

Same here!
I placed in gold in another account which I play dps on to learn them
I am bad at dps and hit scans I dropped to 2260 but I ranked up to 2800 I didn't play for a while but I might go back to my original rank which is diamond
you know everyone think they don't belong to their rank but they do
if you think you are a good player you will be at least in diamond which I always been playing on so accept your rank if you are skillful you will get out
what I noticed in gold rank that players don't know what priorities are and good postilions and throwing ults when not needed and no team work they dont even stay on point and a lot of leavers
but you can carry your self out of that fast if you are good you will get a lot of sr like 40 in one match let see they don't how to play against these heroes like bastion - junkrat - zarya even mercy can do so much changes in that rank and low platinum is no different matches felt different after 2600+
and you have to play in way would get out of gold
The issue I saw the most in gold when trying to get into plat is, gold players are just bad enough to basically throw with their play/decisions, and just good enough so a plat/diamond can't simply 1v6 the team. You can go on a massive kill streak, kill over half the team yourself, die, look back and your rein is still standing at the choke, even though the rest of the team, including players in their party went through the choke. So at the end you gain nothing and they are still standing back at the choke.

Meanwhile the enemy team is in a similar state except you can't always get 4+ kills yourself in every engagment so you are now at the mercy of your team. This is why gold is so hard to get out of.

BTW, plat isn't much better.
I think the problem with the Gold rank is so many new players get placed there. Would is be so bad to limit new accounts to mid silver placement?
I used to have mixed feelings about his until this last game where I had 5 dps mains on my games and guess what, they all wanted to play dps. So, for the entire attack phase I was either having to choose between tank or healer. Yea, we never had a chance winning that game. But I think its also b/c they were trolls and did not care to even win. Comp is so screwed up.

Everyone judges Gold players but they forget that Gold has the most ridiculous skill range in the whole game.

You got people who belong in Diamond but are put in Gold and can't get out due to forced losing streaks and bad teammates, and then you got new players as well as people who are awful at the game.

LOL no....... A gold player is nowhere near the skill level of a diamond player. I think Gold players over estimate their skill too much, it's kinda sick. I've yet to play with 1 good gold player and that's over hundreds of games.

I think you don't realize how bad you are as a gold player. Let's put it this way, I'm at a gold players skill level with my left hand. Probably lower mechanically if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a masters player in everything else.

Anyone complaining about Gold rank being full of throwers or leaver is completely delusional. I rarely get real "throwers" or leavers. People make it seem like it happens every game when that's not true.
12/13/2017 07:00 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen

LOL no....... A gold player is nowhere near the skill level of a diamond player. I think Gold players over estimate their skill too much, it's kinda sick. I've yet to play with 1 good gold player and that's over hundreds of games.

I think you don't realize how bad you are as a gold player. Let's put it this way, I'm at a gold players skill level with my left hand. Probably lower mechanically if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a masters player in everything else.

Anyone complaining about Gold rank being full of throwers or leaver is completely delusional. I rarely get real "throwers" or leavers. People make it seem like it happens every game when that's not true.

lmao...so how is it some gold players climb out of, ummm, gold then?! Usually, this is done in a two or three stack, but they do it. Therefore, there are gold players who should be in diamond or higher. To say ALL gold players belong there is a ridiculous statement for so many reasons.
12/13/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Kairos

lmao...so how is it some gold players climb out of, ummm, gold then?! Usually, this is done in a two or three stack, but they do it. Therefore, there are gold players who should be in diamond or higher. To say ALL gold players belong there is a ridiculous statement for so many reasons.

The ones that get out are the ones that improve and actually become better players. What I'm saying is that if you're stuck in gold it's because you mechanically suck, therefore have to improve in some way. You can solo queue your way out of Gold easily, you just need the mechanical skill. I'm also not saying you need to become a mechanical god, but you need to be of a higher skill level than average, which Gold consists of.
Gold is one of the harder ranks to get out of but Platinum is just pure hell the farther you go up.

My career high is only in 2800’s so thats saying something...
Gold isn't the hardest rank to get out of.
Why is that?
Because apart from the ocasional smurf gold is pretty much filled with the players that belong there. People that are boosted on your team don't affect you much as the odds of the other team having the same thing are the same. Reason why gold appears so hard to climb out off is because climbing out of gold relies on actually playing at mid-plat level for about 50 games in a row. Platinum being pretty much it's very own !@#$show no suprise that you can't realy climb as you aren't faced with the challeneges in gold that you should be faced with to improve to a high enough level.

Performance based SR system has been introduced because of the very fact that players won't always cooperate and to seperate superior and inferior players by mechanics.

Gameknowledge allows you to climb only with an insane winrate while actual mechanical skill allows you to climb pretty fast even with negative winrates below diamond and even above depending on how skilled you are.

I've been down in silver for about 10 games. Coming from platinum I felt like it was essentially kindergarden. I've reached Diamond not by complaining but by wanting to improve and objectively facing my strengths and weeknesses. Perfect what I do well and avoid having to do what I do poorly in comp while improving it for when I won't be able to avoid it. In my case: aiming.

No need to go full on sym or torb main if you can't hit the berlinwall from 1 inch distance. Just go ahead and learn how to place your crosshair, avoid heroes and situations that rely on you having pixel perfect aim. Maybe try tanking if you happen to have good game sense and don't die alot. If you are smart lucio mercy orisa winston have all been made for you. If you are and adrenaline machine tracer genji when you know how to track widow when you know how to flick.

Do you have any higher ranked friends? PLAY WITH THEM! As high SR matches as you can get even if you lose or don't get to play what you really want to play every time: It is a great learning experience.

Always remember that the maps themselves offer many more ways than you'd think. Pros themselves still discover tricks. Don't shy away from trying inovative things.

Getting better is always easyer when your being taught or are faced with hard challenges.
Set yourself a goal but not too high.
Never make excuses.
Never blame your team or start yelling at it.

Hope this helps.

PS: Season 8 should make things interesting as some OTPs with mechanics will go further down while people with highwinrates will finally face real challenges. Not only in diamond but also in plat and gold as the effect trickles down with less impact. Sorry for silver players out there your situation remains pretty much unchanged but don't worry you got plenty of friends better than you ♥

Diamond player, career high somwhere mid-diamond: tend to play in masters games whenever I can when I get some people in masters that are within my range ♥
Went through the ranks since Season 2 as dps support and tank =)

if a person has diamond skill level and they are stuck in gold, chances are, they arent diamond skill level. Sure, they may be able to aim very well, but that doesnt mean there game-sense and reactions are good
12/13/2017 07:00 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen

I will say from experience the skill variance in low gold is pretty obscene
I recently just got into gold as a d.va main. Bronze was really rough, and so was silver. Took a lot of loses and tilting, but I’m just glad I’m here. Maybe next season I’ll get out of gold. Tried dps, healing, even using other tanks and I always lose, but I win with dva
Plat is the hardest. You have Masters / GM smurfs playing Tracer, Junkrat, and Zarya, people that throw because of team comp, a leaver every seven matches, bad Genjis that refuse to switch from 3rd dps, and more; only the smurfs were a problem back in Diamond. I want to go back
12/12/2017 07:43 AMPosted by Lev
LMAO mei and symm ARE dps..........

12/12/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Lev
"neither are dps" bro... you do know that dps just means damage is their primary function right? don't be pedantic.

Fact: DPS means damage per second. DPS is every hero's primary except Mercy. Does that mean every hero is DPS and Mercy is the only Healer? No you monkey, because DPS is used by people on here to refer to Offensive and High Damage heroes (McCree, Tracer, Hanzo, etc...). The fact that I can roast you with Symmetra doesn't make her "DPS" or offensive. She's still at her core a support hero, just like Moira. You could say Mei is off-tank but really she deals in area denial and tank busting, with some damage tanking of her own in there. I can one-shot Tracers and headshot most heroes with Mei, does that make Mei DPS? :O)

There's nothing pedantic about any of that. You clowns keep playing Sym and Mei wrong, it just makes me look like a god when I play them.