So... When is Tracer going to get a counter?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
bump
11/23/2017 05:33 PMPosted by SlickBeak
11/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by MellowJello
Moira

She's not a counter to a good Tracer.
or better said, moira is not a good counter for a tracer the same rank as her, as you go up and up in rank.

and torb is a good tracer counter, but he also insta tilts his team and thus people wont even try to help him set up,sadly .
so we still need a tracer counter!
A good Tracer is unstoppable. Her only strong counter is McCree, who requires even more skill than her to play. I can’t aim worth !@#$, and mostly play tanks, so when a good Tracer is carrying the enemy team, my only option is to go Winston and harrass her. Of course, that leaves my team down a tank, and with no shield tank if we’re playing the typical Dva dive comp.
boop
FTFY ;)
Tracer counters that are already in the game:

Winston (who does his job and protects his team, not the Winston who chases Tracer)
Sombra's hack
Moira
McCree's flashbang
Mei
Junkrat's trap/mines
A good Hanzo and scatter shot
A DVA that has good timing
A well placed turret from Torbjorn

Also, you don't have to kill Tracer to have countered her.. if you succeed in having her flee or exhaust her abilities then she is useless.
bump
She has one.

Gittin’ Gudder
11/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by DannyBoy
Title.
Probably in 2 or 3 weeks, if the Sombra changes go live?
11/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by MellowJello
Moira
Lie
Bump
D.va matrix plus coordinated fire from allies will render the lil girl useless
02/14/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Solex
A good Tracer is unstoppable. Her only strong counter is McCree, who requires even more skill than her to play. I can’t aim worth !@#$, and mostly play tanks, so when a good Tracer is carrying the enemy team, my only option is to go Winston and harrass her. Of course, that leaves my team down a tank, and with no shield tank if we’re playing the typical Dva dive comp.

You're playing tank wrong. Stay by your supports and protect them. Tracer will have a hard time taking down zen if Winston is zapping her while she's discord.

When tracer runs away, DON'T CHASE. Otherwise you leave your support unprotected, allowing tracer to double back while you're trying to find her
02/14/2018 05:47 PMPosted by CurlyBones
Tracer counters that are already in the game:

Winston (who does his job and protects his team, not the Winston who chases Tracer)
Sombra's hack
Moira
McCree's flashbang
Mei
Junkrat's trap/mines
A good Hanzo and scatter shot
A DVA that has good timing
A well placed turret from Torbjorn

Also, you don't have to kill Tracer to have countered her.. if you succeed in having her flee or exhaust her abilities then she is useless.

I don't think you understand what a true counter is and of these, the only one that's actually a counter would be Mei, Sombra and Tjorb.

She runs circles around Winston and D.Va, McCree is a sitting duck unless he gets lucky, Hanzo is at a disadvantage 1v1 and a good Tracer won't get hit the majority of the time as she's in the backlines out of his focus, Moira isn't a counter and will die if the players are of equal skill.

Bottom line, all of her soft counters (She has no hard counter except for Sombra really) are off meta heroes that truthfully have a good chance of losing.

Yes players can get lucky, but ultimately Tracer has zero counters in this game that make her a bad pick. She's the most elusive character, has effectively 300hp if managed properly and has the smallest hibox in the game. Couple that with amazing burst DPS and the ability to hit and run better than anyone.