Rework doomfist as a tank

General Discussion
Here is Why:
His rocket punch is too hard to balance for a dps. I mean before you could 1 shot every 5 sec so the dev had to reduce the hitbox size to the ground.making him a tank and not being able to 1 shot woulb be nice and this could justify a bigger hitbox size.
Currently going in the fight mean certains death.
His passiv could be really interesting for a tank.
In the lore he was able to sustain damage from genji tracer and Winston...
We could use another tank.

Sorry for the bad english.
I've come to the same conclusion. He would be a different kind of tank, all knockback and disruption.

As a DPS, he will always be a salt mine.
Yes... I think he has an interesting kit for that and overall he is fun to play
I don't think he should be a tank at all.

His one shot was fundamentally balanced, they just caved to the fact that it was a mechanic that people did not like.

Doomfist's entire kit revolved around the explosiveness and dynamism of his character. RP is pretty worthless if it doesn't one shot given the weakness of his weapon, and his build as an entire character speaks DPS more than any other role. Besides, with the amount of CC Doomfist would need to be a viable tank and stay faithful to the character they built, he would be ridiculous, and an even bigger salt mine than as a good DPS pick.

Just fix all his bugs and jank and he's fine. His hitbox can be fairly small as long as it's consistent and well understood by both parties.
At the end of the day they build Doomfist around very clear characteristics of aggression, mobility and power. Those are very hard to stay faithful to and make a balanced off-tank – you'd have to take away something. I feel like most people would be very upset if Doomfist did not feel as fun to play as he did before.
Once his bugs are fixed, would it be too much to simply give him 150 normal shields and make his passive restore those instead of adding temporary shields, without any accompanying nerfs?
11/29/2017 01:14 AMPosted by greyleopardd
I don't think he should be a tank at all.

His one shot was fundamentally balanced, they just caved to the fact that it was a mechanic that people did not like.

Doomfist's entire kit revolved around the explosiveness and dynamism of his character. RP is pretty worthless if it doesn't one shot given the weakness of his weapon, and his build as an entire character speaks DPS more than any other role. Besides, with the amount of CC Doomfist would need to be a viable tank and stay faithful to the character they built, he would be ridiculous, and an even bigger salt mine than as a good DPS pick.

Just fix all his bugs and jank and he's fine. His hitbox can be fairly small as long as it's consistent and well understood by both parties.

I’ve been thinking a bit about this lately

I strongly feel what hey should do is buff RPs hit box-

Increase RPs minimum damage

BUT also increase the amount of time it takes to reach full charge on RP.

RP is honestly a very easy to counter ability once you know how. This has been a a huge drawback for it from he start

On the flip side however if you don’t know how- it’s devasting. Which let’s be honest, is most of the community. In one second Doomfist can wind up an attack and insta kill you. I think this was his problem. He too quickly, for casual play, killed general players

Doing this would possibly solve a few problems. Offsetting some of the power into the “low end” would allow DF to more reliably get good damage in with the ability- but it’s not one shotting at this charge, requiring DF to dynamically fight and secure kills with his other abilities and weapons.

Something I am ok with.

On he flip side he would still have his power potential- but making it take longer to charge gives players a better chance to react to it. When there’s that big of a wind up, it’s much harder not to argue “ok it way fault to die to THAT”

I’d still propose changes and buffs elsewhere- but this could go a long way to addressing his “core” game play.
He just needs 5+ extra armor to his passive and a rocket punch hitbox buff, make it between the actual size and the old size.

I dont see him as a tank or less mobile at all, he's all about jumping outta nowhere, try to get a kill(s) and TRY to get out of there asap, its a hit or miss; besides theres no better feeling than smacking a reinhardt or almost any other tank around while they aimlessly flail at you, no other character can do that except winston and he has a loong cd for it.
he was built to kill genji, tracer, winston.

Nowdays he can't

rocket punch cooldown to 12 second, old big hitbox(only for fast target cause of loooooong cooldown time , to use this for big target, is waste)
earth smash more fly faster further.
when killed enemy. earth smash cooldown reset for retreat or kill another one.
I do not want the skill cap of Doomfist to be lowered and him being made in a steamrolling character. I want a slightly bigger rocket punch (or not) castable in all directions, faster slam and a slightly smaller character hurtbox or just head hurtbox, fixed bugs - wall sliding (whiffing targets would be solved with all directions rp) and cancelable slam.

There are 3 terrible things about him:
- not securing kills because of sliding on walls
- whiffing targets who jump or are on the stairs,
- getting headshot by random !@#$ all the time more than hog and winston, who can actually survive it and not notice (although i think their heads might be smaller) you just die. I died countless times to headshots from widow that was aiming through winston or reins body at somebody else but hit me during a rocketpunch sideways or during a slam, without seeing me. McCree does that too.