Symmetra isn't popular, but PLEASE don't ignore her!

General Discussion
12/06/2017 10:17 AMPosted by DrFate
She used to be able to charge her beam off mei walls and this was the case since launch and then they just stopped it

That and it still latches onto Friendly Mei walls.
Symmetra needs another rework. Preferably into a proper support hero and not another forgettable defense hero.
12/06/2017 11:00 AMPosted by AConstelle
12/06/2017 10:17 AMPosted by DrFate
She used to be able to charge her beam off mei walls and this was the case since launch and then they just stopped it

That and it still latches onto Friendly Mei walls.
and that pisses me off to no end
Welp, another day ignored with a dev answering the threads right beside us....
If you go symmetra you will be banned, look at stevo.

Sad even if she is made more powerful people will still report you for playing her.
It does not feel good when your hero’s megathread is ignored for posts with less than 100 responses on them.

It does not feel good when people say the newest support is your hero, but better.

It does not feel good when said support is yet another hard counter to your hero.

It does not feel good when your hero literally cannot outplay her hard counters because they literally single handedly delete your purpose.

It does not feel good when you’re consistently blamed and reported for playing your hero.

It does not feel good when your hero gets a cool skin with voice lines, and they are not included at all even though others had theirs patched in quickly enough.

It does not feel good when your hero is literally ignored by everyone, except when it comes to memes and suddenly lol yeah Symmetra is such a troll.
12/03/2017 10:48 AMPosted by AConstelle
3. She has no methods of destroying her ultimates. Misplace Torb's Turret? Junkrat's Trap? Orisa's Barrier? Just play safe and wait a bit.
Misplace Symmetra's ults? To bad. Switch heroes or wait for it to be destroyed/used up. She doesn't even need to be refunded, just let her destroy her ultimate so she can build a new one from scratch!

If you get to replace it, I get to place a level 2 turret up in molten core.
12/06/2017 03:52 PMPosted by HowlSpice
3. She has no methods of destroying her ultimates. Misplace Torb's Turret? Junkrat's Trap? Orisa's Barrier? Just play safe and wait a bit.
Misplace Symmetra's ults? To bad. Switch heroes or wait for it to be destroyed/used up. She doesn't even need to be refunded, just let her destroy her ultimate so she can build a new one from scratch!

i wouldnt be opposed to that tbh

I’m a Torb main too and I agree Torb needs buffs.

Builder solidarity!!
12/06/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Kris

I’m a Torb main too and I agree Torb needs buffs.

Builder solidarity!!
i dont main torb but its easy to tell he needs buffs

Him and sym both
-Energy Ball
projectile speed should be increased so you can actually aim and shoot with them instead of spam and pray. Big balls can stay slow, but small ones should be as fast as Pharah's rockets.

-Ulitimate Abilities
I think she should continue to build ult after placing a device. Another ult could upgrade a current device or build another. If unobstructed the Symmetra could eventually have a lvl 2 Teleporter and a lvl 2 Shield Generator at the same time. Currently as soon Sym loses Tele/Shield Gen the fight swings greatly in the enemies favour and it takes too long to build up ult again so its easier to just swap off Sym. With the proposed change an average Sym can always have a device up to support the team.

-Teleporter
Upgradable to level 2. Level 2 adds an extra 200 shields(600hp total) to Teleporter and 4 extra charges

-Shield Generator
Upgradable to level 2. Level 2 adds an extra 200 shields(600hp total) to Shield Generator and an extra 25 shields to teammates (75+25=100hp in shields)

-Photon Barrier
Decrease cooldown by a few seconds

-Extra Abilities
I've seen people suggest new abilities to replace currents ones specifically photon barrier which I find extremely useful. Blizzard can always assign sentry turrets to the scroll wheel like Torbjorn's hammer and that would free up shift for an extra ability.
12/06/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Kris
It does not feel good when your hero gets a cool skin with voice lines, and they are not included at all even though others had theirs patched in quickly enough.

Seriously, Mercy got hers last year and Zen's cultist skin even changes his equippable voicelines. They put so much effort into it and it's just...gone for Sym :(
Another one (sort of related), with that achievement you can get for destroying 6 teles (or whatever), they should add in shield generators to that as well
12/06/2017 06:07 PMPosted by AConstelle
12/06/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Kris

Seriously, Mercy got hers last year and Zen's cultist skin even changes his equippable voicelines. They put so much effort into it and it's just...gone for Sym :(
feelsbadman
As a Sym main, I think she really needs a buff. I started playing her shortly after her rework because I kept hearing that she was "useless" and "one of the hardest heroes to master". My thought was "let's give her a go". First game: I had no idea how she worked. Second game: Started learning. Now, I'm not bad with her. I even have people tell me not to switch off, or ask me to play her. But I still get way more criticism than I should within the first 5 seconds of the match because I play Sym. That's actually why I didn't want to play Comp at first, because people would say "switch to Mercy" without giving me a chance. I think more people would see her worth if she was buffed. She's already a pretty good hero, but she could be better. Please, Jeff. I don't want to be yelled at for who my main is anymore.
12/06/2017 11:12 PMPosted by KiraJustice0
As a Sym main, I think she really needs a buff. I started playing her shortly after her rework because I kept hearing that she was "useless" and "one of the hardest heroes to master". My thought was "let's give her a go". First game: I had no idea how she worked. Second game: Started learning. Now, I'm not bad with her. I even have people tell me not to switch off, or ask me to play her. But I still get way more criticism than I should within the first 5 seconds of the match because I play Sym. That's actually why I didn't want to play Comp at first, because people would say "switch to Mercy" without giving me a chance. I think more people would see her worth if she was buffed. She's already a pretty good hero, but she could be better. Please, Jeff. I don't want to be yelled at for who my main is anymore.
yea it sucks to play a hero that is overshadowed by their entire class being the support group
12/06/2017 11:12 PMPosted by KiraJustice0
But I still get way more criticism than I should within the first 5 seconds of the match because I play Sym.

Seriously, if you check my comp hours this season you'll be surprised to learn that I AM NOT A MERCY MAIN. But god dammit no one likes Symmetra at my rank and with the recent vids from Steevo, I'm scared to play her outside of her "niche" (not that it matters since I'm basically the first asked to switch).
Can someone confirm if Moira can still clear turrets with bio-orb? I heard PTR updated recently and can't verify atm.
12/07/2017 04:50 PMPosted by AConstelle
Can someone confirm if Moira can still clear turrets with bio-orb? I heard PTR updated recently and can't verify atm.
im not sure but i dont see why it wouldnt go through because they confirmed its intentional
You should go look at my post I talked about how to make Symettra more viable as a support (news abilities and mechanics, etc.)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759458610#post-1