What character do you think Blizz will copy next?

General Discussion
So far we've got Doomfist who is a FAR less cool version of Vi from League of Legends.

Torbjorn who is a weaker version of engineer from Tf2

Junkrat who is a less balanced version of Demoman from Tf2

Mercy who is Tf2 medic but can fly and doesn't give invinsibility

etc.
12/03/2017 07:14 PMPosted by BeeMonger
So far we've got Doomfist who is a FAR less cool version of Vi from League of Legends.

And some others.

And some others.

Not saying that copying is a bad thing necessarily. There are a ton of cool hero concepts used from other games that I'd like in this game.

It would be silly to expect every character blizz adds to be 100% original.

Oooooh boy, here we go. Junkrat can't instakill an entire team out of spawn with a set of stickies. He also doesn't have two primaries or a sword that gives him as much health as a tank and more speed than a Dragonblade Genji. If he had any of those the salt on these forums would be REAL.
Please refrain from reaching
12/03/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Elyrh

Oooooh boy, here we go. Junkrat can't instakill an entire team out of spawn with a set of stickies. He also doesn't have two primaries or a sword that gives him as much health as a tank and more speed than a Dragonblade Genji. If he had any of those the salt on these forums would be REAL.

junkrat defense force on time as usual I wasn't complaining about junkrat all he needs is a ult chage nerf andhe's probably fine
12/03/2017 07:20 PMPosted by BeeMonger
12/03/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Elyrh

junkrat defense force on time as usual I wasn't complaining about junkrat all he needs is a ult chage nerf andhe's probably fine

TBH I want him to have 50 HP tires and self damage from his ult (ONLY). I'm not defending him, I'm saying Demoman's kit would be crazy unbalanced in this game in comparison to him.
12/03/2017 07:24 PMPosted by Elyrh
12/03/2017 07:20 PMPosted by BeeMonger

TBH I want him to have 50 HP tires and self damage from his ult (ONLY). I'm not defending him, I'm saying Demoman's kit would be crazy unbalanced in this game in comparison to him.

I didnt say this game needed demomans kit. I agree it would be really unbalanced. I'm saying that demo was balanced in his game. While Junk isn't that balanced.

Doomfist was actually copied from TJ Combo in Killer Instinct.

No seriously. Look up his move set. Every single core move he has is direct mirrored by Doomfist.
12/03/2017 07:29 PMPosted by FupDup

No seriously. Look up his move set. Every single core move he has is direct mirrored by Doomfist.

Its also a lot like Vi's including the whole barrier after using abilities.
they better make another melee character eventually. Rein and genji's ult shouldn't hold the spotlight as the only melee-centered things in the entire game
Doomfist who is a FAR less cool version of Vi from League of Legends.

You say copied from LoL. I saw key elements that are inspired from Pimple (Battletoads) in forms of attack animation and play style, with fist/knuckle blaster.

BTW, nothing is original anymore. Key is to use your inspiration and make the concept better, appealing or marketable to your franchise.
No one is original anymore. Every new game character is just a copy of a copy
12/03/2017 07:30 PMPosted by BeeMonger
12/03/2017 07:29 PMPosted by FupDup

Its also a lot like Vi's including the whole barrier after using abilities.

Just stop man.

Blizzard isn't copying heroes, they are just using similar moves for similar purposes.

'well mcree is a copy of wolfenstein because he uses a gun!'

'well reinhardt is a copy of megaman because he has health!'

'rein is a copy of link because he has a shield!'

'winston is a copy of mario because he can jump!'

"Hero that has a freeze ray? Mei is obviously a copy of Gru from despicable Me., who is a copy of Frozone in the Incredibles, whose freezing superpowers are a copy of Superman"
12/03/2017 07:32 PMPosted by ApotheScary
Doomfist who is a FAR less cool version of Vi from League of Legends.

BTW, nothing is original anymore. Key is to use your inspiration and make the concept better, appealing or marketable to your franchise.

Yup. I never once said that Blizz copying characters was a bad thing. At all.
12/03/2017 07:34 PMPosted by BeeMonger
12/03/2017 07:32 PMPosted by ApotheScary

You don't have to directly say it to insinuate the actual message you are implying.
As a graphic designer and artist, I will say that mankind has been copying off what they see since the creation of our world. This is because it is extremely difficult to see beyond the scope of linear existence and we use linear existence as a methodology in our lives. Besides if an entity of some form has no level of base comparison we would be unable to interpret said entity.

Originality is in my opinion the art and evolution of perfecting an entity of some sort from its previous form.
12/03/2017 07:36 PMPosted by ApotheScary
12/03/2017 07:34 PMPosted by BeeMonger

You don't have to directly say it to insinuate the actual message you are implying.

Implying what? That some of the characters Blizzard added are similar to other characters in video games? Its true. I never once said or "implied" that it was a bad thing in the slightest.

You and some other did. Next time don't assume so easily. Like Felix said "When you assume you make and !@# out of you and me".

I never once said or thought that it was a negative thing.
Copying others work is the only thing Blizzard was good at. Nowadays they cannot even do that anymore.
I wish Torb was actually a copy of the TF2 engie. At least he doesn't get headshot by getting slapped in the beard