Remove the Streamer Spotlight from the Launcher

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
12/04/2017 05:52 AMPosted by JupiteL
I don't like the one with the asian guy making an annoying expression. Other than that, why not, better to have something than to see it empty.
honestly that on gave me the SPOOKS
12/04/2017 11:08 PMPosted by Cleopatra
12/04/2017 12:41 PMPosted by TuskegeeHeir
...This has always been bad advice. It puts no responsibility on the people who start these threads to be better human beings.

And since when it's your business to decide, what's "better human being" means?
I don't see any ads in launcher, probably because all ads are blocked.
You tried so hard to say something worth reading. Fell short, though.
12/04/2017 11:39 PMPosted by Doomslayer
Cuppcaake can you add me im gold and i am looking for streamers to be friends with so i can play

Isn't cupcake a GM mercy streamer that plays with Lassiz sometimes?
12/05/2017 09:13 AMPosted by antiturtle
Isn't cupcake a GM mercy streamer that plays with Lassiz sometimes?

Different cupcake. Cuppcaake the one featured just hit masters again last night. She’s usually hovering around 3400 or so.
12/04/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Cuppcaake
Hi there. I am the streamer being featured in the launcher. I’m really sorry to see how much it has upset you, and others. I just want to clarify they started doing the streamer spotlight at the games launch, and they did promote both male and female streamers. And you’re right, I am not a professional. But I am relevant to Overwatch. I represent the majority of Overwatch players that are below Grand Masters that love to play this game. I have gotten numerous messages over the last year from people saying that just by watching my stream it has helped them get out of bronze, silver, gold, or even plat. But more importantly than skill level, I am a positive team player. And I believe that is why blizzard chose me. (And yes, they contacted me. I did not ask for this, let alone “pay” them..) But because they saw a stream community of incredibly positive people who were all there for the same reason, and that reason is because we love to play Overwatch and we try our best. I’m sorry if you can’t learn anything from my stream, but many people can. And I’m sorry it doesn’t benefit you, but it does to many people. People that have found a positive atmosphere where they feel like they belong somewhere. And I am PROUD of that.

-cuppcaake

This is my kind of streamer/person. I really like the streamer spotlight and really enjoy being part of the bakery now! If blizzard does make this a normal part of the launcher and they keep it to 1 streamer per a week then we wont run out of relevant streamers, if they make it only 2 or 3 days then sooner we will start to get less relevant streamers!

Honestly i subbed to Cuppcaake because of the positivism. I like skilled streamers to but just like the stock market you got to diversify your streamisim a little :P

And its really sad that in at least half of my games i get into people bash me for having a gold border and being in gold SR. I wish sometimes people just think that maybe i enjoy playing it because its challenging for me in gold! If you read this and you are one of those people just realize there is another human being on the other end of the keyboard :(

PS: Keep up the good work @Cuppcaake!
12/04/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Quest
So this is why I run into so many tilted people in comp, the launcher keeps triggering them before they even get into game!

Seriously if you didn't care about streamers or whatever then you'd just launch the game like you do every other time. Not "oh boy, time to put everything on pause and hit new topic!"

Smh.

If they get triggered by that they need to seek therapy.
Huh...interesting little rant. I have to be honest, being middle aged, I never had even the slightest inkling of going where you went and I'm pretty cynical and bitter these days ;-). That being said, I don't have a problem with this. It's Blizz's prerogative to place in the Battle.net news-feed whatever Blizz wants to. They're promoting their product and highlighting those that they feel "add" to it. You don't like it...hit the ">" or the "<" and move on!

...and take your cynical, bitter rant and stuff it up your pie-hole ;-)

...and I mean that in the nicest way from one grump to another.
agree on this one, i dont want to see any washed up roastie or cringy soyboy showing up when popping up this game, it was bad enough when this poor excuse of a game suddenly started going slow after an update but keep those attention w***** out of my sights. If I wanted to be a beta orbiter I would have already gone to twitch or whatever platform kids these days go to watch roasties play games and toss money at them.
>implying anyone clicks on that stuff