Soldier 76 vs. Torbjorn One Trick

General Discussion
Lets say their was a soldier 76 who kept getting caught out of position. He's stubborn, so he doesn't exactly learn from his mistakes. So he keeps doing it until he inevitably loses the match. Sure, his team might notice and blame him for the loss. But they go on with their daily lives like nothing happened.

Now replace this Soldier with a Torbjorn one trick. Well then everyone loses their minds! *Joker face*. They curse him out and report him for his actions. But wait, wasn't Soldier in the previous example doing the same thing? See the biased?
Really? Is that why I was called an impoverished child that is playing on a bad pc in the ghetto? Oh not to mention that I sling crack? All this happened while playing soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqGO_ETsXNQ
I had a Roadhog guy who kept flanking on his own and died over and over again feeding ult charge like crazy. He got a report from me. The hero doesn't matter to me, it's what the person does.
if this is an isolated incident, while bad, isnt punishable.

if this is an established behavior every match, then it should be punished no matter what hero you chose, you are clearly griefing.
11/15/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Disco
if this is an isolated incident, while bad, isnt punishable.

if this is an established behavior every match, then it should be punished no matter what hero you chose, you are clearly griefing.
No, it just means you're stupid. If you are legitimatally trying to win, regardless of your methods, you shouldn't be punished.
11/15/2017 01:30 PMPosted by juggy
Lets say their was a soldier 76 who kept getting caught out of position. He's stubborn, so he doesn't exactly learn from his mistakes. So he keeps doing it until he inevitably loses the match. Sure, his team might notice and blame him for the loss. But they go on with their daily lives like nothing happened.

Now replace this Soldier with a Torbjorn one trick. Well then everyone loses their minds! *Joker face*. They curse him out and report him for his actions. But wait, wasn't Soldier in the previous example doing the same thing? See the biased?

Report him for bad team play. They want a witch hunt about his, give them one
11/15/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Avian
I had a Roadhog guy who kept flanking on his own and died over and over again feeding ult charge like crazy. He got a report from me. The hero doesn't matter to me, it's what the person does.

If it wasnt intentional feeding (ie he thought it was a good idea and was still trying to win) then thats poor play, which isn’t reportable..
11/15/2017 02:06 PMPosted by CamKitty
11/15/2017 01:30 PMPosted by juggy

You're reporting someone for being unskilled. That shouldn't be grounds for reporting.
11/15/2017 02:11 PMPosted by juggy
11/15/2017 02:06 PMPosted by CamKitty

You're reporting someone for being unskilled. That shouldn't be grounds for reporting.

He was countered and refused to switch.

The Fuey situation told us that is enough
You see, Torbjorn certainly has the exactly same weapon and mobility as Soldier and can of course be very useful no matter what map or what team comp. But he's just too short, you know? And that's why they hate him. His height.
11/15/2017 02:15 PMPosted by CamKitty
11/15/2017 02:11 PMPosted by juggy
... You're reporting someone for being unskilled. That shouldn't be grounds for reporting.

He was countered and refused to switch.

The Fuey situation told us that is enough
Dozens of heroes counter each other in Overwatch. It's almost impossible to play a game without at least one enemy countering you. There has to be a point where you draw the line and don't switch. If every player switched the moment they got countered, then all games would look like Mystery Heroes. Everyone would switch after every death.
11/15/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Tsunamii
11/15/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Avian

If it wasnt intentional feeding (ie he thought it was a good idea and was still trying to win) then thats poor play, which isn’t reportable..

He was on the enemy team the next game where he did the same. We asked him to stop mutipile times when he was on my team.