[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Nov 16, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 173 174 175 314 Next
12/19/2017 02:57 AMPosted by Halofreak90
Man, I hate all these people talking about OWL or Overwatch E-sports, especially with the broken state the game is in now. Either kill casual Overwatch or E-sports, 'cause you can't have both until the game's fixed, which takes ages, because OWL and E-sports take resources that Blizzard should spend on improving the game.

Agreed. I feel like every great e-sport is formed after the game has been out for a while and has a strong and stable fan base. No game is going to have a successful e-sport on launch day. Blizzard has been pushing the e-sport thing before the game was released.
Mercy is my second most played hero and it is a hero i am feeling less inclined to play

Whilst the current Mercy is still playable in some sense it just doesnt sit well with competitive overwatch in the under diamonds...

One of my main issues with Mercy is that ressurect is intended to undo Mistakes, skill base res is too op because it happens too often and ultimate res was too op because the whole team returns and the so called hide and seek...

Right so cool down res requires hide and seek, in fact I am hiding more cause idiots keep dying and I have to avoid killer shots heading in my general direction!

Seriously as a Mercy player, I dont know about others but dont yoy feel that part of your ability to climb the ladder isnt just down to your ability to support but also the ability and skill lf your team i.e the tanks being able to tank and hold the point or push the payload and the dps to be able to pick off key targets and deal damage on the enemy team?

I lost 12 matches in a row because of lack support mains, dps one tricks who would not play as a team or properly in fact the platinum matches were more low quality than silver.

I cant help but think this situation was brought about because Blizzard screwed around with the support community, you know the lot of us who cant impact the gamr via pew pew kill kill and need to instead heal, res or do other stuff to compensate...

I mean I dont mind if you buff Moira damage even more at least then I can compensate for these failure of a DPS one tricks who are dragging me down
12/18/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Lithy
Also, the strategy of spaming every single for obliterate the enemy team shows how bad that players were. If you wasted so much ults and didn't bother in kill Mercy, then you deserved that embarrasing punishment, and it was fair and glorious.

You couldn't do anything if the mercy was hiding INSIDE SPAWN waiting for ress, and that was often the thing happening in medium level elo ( 3800 )

Also, now if you dare to pick Mercy you will gain all your teammates's hate just because you play Mercy.

Absolutely and completely NOT true, infact

You will gain your teammate's hate by NOT PLAYING Mercy.

Currently at my elo if you don't have a Mercy, it's gg, people start asking for the supports that picked to swap to mercy, if they don't want, people will start throwing, give it a try and lose, and start flaming the supports for throwing by not picking mercy, and creating a very toxic situation.

Hell, when i get into a game and i see a mercy player, I can't be more happy because I know I'm gonna have the mandatory support and will have a better chance of winning

Nerfs are easy to make, and Blizzard is taking a very long time now, so it's very possible that we would see more than another simple, lame and pointless nerf.

Well i hope they rework her so everyone can be happy, the people that are tired of mercy being crazy overpowered and the mercy players that dont enjoy current mercy either.

12/19/2017 02:57 AMPosted by Halofreak90
Man, I hate all these people talking about OWL or Overwatch E-sports, especially with the broken state the game is in now. Either kill casual Overwatch or E-sports, 'cause you can't have both until the game's fixed, which takes ages, because OWL and E-sports take resources that Blizzard should spend on improving the game.

OWL is pretty much Blizzard's biggest thing for Overwatch, I think it should be their priority when they put a 20Million$ buy in for each team.

You can definetely have both, the game is not in a broken state right now, the only broken things are mercy and possibly junkrat, the rest is pretty much in a good state and a lot of variety in the meta.

Blizzard just takes things slow regardless of OWL or not, not to mention OWL is probably not affecting anything regarding to game balance, I believe it's not the same team of blizzard employees, they have a team for each thing...
12/19/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Pulse
the game is not in a broken state right now, the only broken things are mercy and possibly junkrat, the rest is pretty much in a good state and a lot of variety in the meta.
Lolwat. Have you seen the list of bugs? Or just played the game in general? There's so much wrong with the game, I'd be speaking for two months straight if I had to list everything.
Also, the strategy of spaming every single for obliterate the enemy team shows how bad that players were. If you wasted so much ults and didn't bother in kill Mercy, then you deserved that embarrasing punishment, and it was fair and glorious.

You couldn't do anything if the mercy was hiding INSIDE SPAWN waiting for ress, and that was often the thing happening in medium level elo ( 3800 )

In what delusional universe is mid masters "medium level elo"?

Also if she was doing that... why did you burn ults on a 6v5 fight? You should have been able to win that fight without them. Also why didn't you send someone to the spawn door to either kill or body block her so she couldn't dive in? Also why didn't somebody save an ult for post Res?

There's a reason that Mercy wasn't picked in tournaments even after the invulnerability buff. If you think ahead a bit, mass resurrect is easy to counter.
Also, now if you dare to pick Mercy you will gain all your teammates's hate just because you play Mercy.

If you don't pick Mercy people will hate you. If you pick Mercy then at least one DPS player who wasn't rezzed while overextending will hate you. There is toxicity in nearly every single game due to people thinking Mercy can be everywhere at once and thinking she can still pull off miraculous rezzes in the midst of enemy fire...

People hate you if you don't play Mercy, and people hate you if you do. It doesn't matter if you have over 50% of damage taken healed, or if you have over 20k healing in a game. People are selfish and can't accept that their deaths is sometimes their own fault. They often blame and insult their Mercy healer, and it absolutely sucks...

It wasn't so common at all, every single Mercy player can tell you that. Maybe some of them made that exploit. Ok, then it was too easy. Tweak Resurrect for eliminate that issue. No rework needed.

Currently at my elo if you don't have a Mercy, it's gg, people start asking for the supports that picked to swap to mercy, if they don't want, people will start throwing, give it a try and lose, and start flaming the supports for throwing by not picking mercy, and creating a very toxic situation.

Hell, when i get into a game and i see a mercy player, I can't be more happy because I know I'm gonna have the mandatory support and will have a better chance of winning

Well, explain me then these conversations:

Player 1: Why do you pick Ana? Pick Mercy.
Ana: Sorry, I don't enjoy her. I prefer to pick other support.
Player 2: We need a Mercy. You have some hours with her.
Ana: But I don't like her now.
Player 1: So you wanna throw the game? Report.
(Ana switches to Mercy)

Player 1: Damn, I'm dead. Rez me, Mercy!
Mercy: I can't, you died alone in middle of the enemy team, I'll die if I try that.
Player 2: Rez me, idiot! Don't rez him!
Player 1: I'll report if you rez that guy, you son of a...!!!

Player 1: I'm dead again, rez me, noob! I have my ult ready!
Mercy: I'm on cd.
Player 1: Rez me, f... idiot!!!! We'll lose!!!
Player 2: Man, this Mercy sucks.
Player 1: Retard
Player 2: (in general chat) Report our Mercy, she is throwing the game.
Mercy: What?
Player 1: Shut up! I hope you'll got cancer!!!
Player 2: I hate these Mercy one tricks...

(the match ends)
Player 1 (wispering to Mercy): You suck, you should uninstall the game, piece of s...
Player 2 (wispering to Mercy): F... retard, we lost by your fault
Mercy (to Player 2): Wtf are you talking about? You didn't push the payload.
Player 2: Retard, go and hang yourself.

Saying that Mercy doesn't get toxicity is a huge lie, almost everybody knows that she is the current #1 toxicity target of the game, even worse than Hanzo and Widow, thanks to her design. Even the pros who play Mercy (like EeveeA) got harrassed just for playing her, so you are lying. Yes, if you don't pick Mercy your teammates will harrass you because she isn't balanced and they consider her mandatory, so you will be forced to play her, but if you pick her, you will usually be harrassed af thanks to her current single rez, and that is a true fact, told by a lot of Mercy players of all ranks.

I heard that a streammer (I can't remember his name) noticed that the supports were vanishing from the game. In the video's comments, someone explained some reasons:

Lucio: Weak healing.
Zenyatta: Moira entirely overshadows him.
Ana: Aim and too mobile characters = bad combo.
Moira: bugged.
Mercy: bugged af, boring and unfun to play, and everybody will hate you if you pick her.

P.S.: Sorry for the examples if someone suffered something similar and got hurt reading them.
So many replies since my last visit, I thought there was an answer by bliz...
I think we should rework Blizzard, since they are hiding from us and this is sooo unfun to play against!
#RevertMercy!
What do Mercy players want as far as changes go for Mercy? Most just want a revert but that will never happen. The ult Resurrect promoted a play style that wasn't fun for allies or the user. Hiding and not healing just so you could tell teammates to "Die on Point". Because of this they changed her ult and her abilities.

What needs to change is not how she functions currently but to improve upon what we now have to make it more fun for the Mercy player and players that play with or against her. Change Resurrect (The ability). As a normal ability it is just strange. If the target started out with 25% health it would be way more balanced. Then we could halve the cast time. Just Rez and go but the target is vulnerable for counterplay. Obviously Rez on her ult would stay the same. Valkyrie should have a time reduction to match other ults as well. Make it 12 seconds. This is the best thing for her.

Resurrect a fallen comrade and tend to them

She is a doctor after all.
12/19/2017 08:03 AMPosted by Fate
What do Mercy players want as far as changes go for Mercy? Most just want a revert but that will never happen. The ult Resurrect promoted a play style that wasn't fun for allies or the user. Hiding and not healing just so you could tell teammates to "Die on Point". Because of this they changed her ult and her abilities.

What needs to change is not how she functions currently but to improve upon what we now have to make it more fun for the Mercy player and players that play with or against her. Change Resurrect (The ability). As a normal ability it is just strange. If the target started out with 25% health it would be way more balanced. Then we could halve the cast time. Just Rez and go but the target is vulnerable for counterplay. Obviously Rez on her ult would stay the same. Valkyrie should have a time reduction to match other ults as well. Make it 12 seconds. This is the best thing for her.

Resurrect a fallen comrade and tend to them

She is a doctor after all.

With current resurrect you once again have to hide to not die in the process. No matter how little cast time is, Mercy still will have to hide, as even 1 seconds is enough time for skilled Widow to aim at your head and shoot.

And hide-and-rez was promoted by way SR system works. Once it was discovered that amount of SR depends from how many resurrects performed, people could abuse system that way.

Worst of all, current resurrect still doesn't solve "not doing anything while resurrecting" issue. Mercy doesn't heal, doesn't move, doesn't do anything while resurrecting.
All blizzard had to do to the old rez was make it follow the rules of Sound Barrier (I.E Line of Sight from Mercy to body and can be obscured by barriers)

Seriously blizz, just give us back rez but with this rule, given the prevelance of Barriers we might for all I know even see "buff Mercy" somewhere after such a chance goes live
Of course giving her a non useless E and keeping the slingshot would counter balance this quite a bit but my point still stands.
12/18/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Squishie
12/18/2017 12:34 PMPosted by Melke
You know I find it funny that Hide and Rez was brought up when every Mercy player who has been at the top has suggested against doing it and often go for Tempo Rez instead.

Hell to all the people who complained about the old Mercy being OP, you obviously never played Mercy above Silver. because I have in gold and even in Gold people got wise and Mercy was a deterent against Over Ulting, Mercy ressing a Zarya, Barrage combo was no different then Zen saving it, both took either a good play from another hero (I.E Ana nade vs Killing Mercy as she flies in) or a third ult for cleanup.
and for every big rez where I !@#$% slapped an enemy team that burned four ults before killing me there were 2 times where I gave someone the POTG by letting my team res right into a junkrat spam or a death blossom

this is quite some bs, i guess all the twitch clips and youtube videos are from fake top 500 pros because all the people who complained about the old Mercy being OP are silver and lower right ?
lol, delusional.
I can guarantee u that everyone who thinks old mercy was fine are mercy players who abuse her in comp.

Once Ana was released Mercy was almost never picked in Pro play, as in the only support who ever in OW history had a lower pickrate in pro play was the launch Zen who was notoriously underpowered and part of the reason Widow body shots were nerfed.
Only time she was ever played in pro-play was when someone wanted to jack off a pharah.

As for your clips, having a support character get a few POTG worthy plays makes them OP? So can I put together a compilation of Reinthart plays and then call for his nerf? How about Genji? Oh man I could compile a lot about sombra and call her OP right now if I wanted to go that route.

Seriously, prior to this rework there was toxicity towards Mercy players in the higher ranks, it was regularly documented that they'd get called out, basically opposite of what it is now (Now it's trade the Ana for Mercy, prior it was the opposite Mercy for Ana)
12/19/2017 06:22 AMPosted by FFirebrandd

Also if she was doing that... why did you burn ults on a 6v5 fight? You should have been able to win that fight without them. Also why didn't you send someone to the spawn door to either kill or body block her so she couldn't dive in? Also why didn't somebody save an ult for post Res?

There's a reason that Mercy wasn't picked in tournaments even after the invulnerability buff. If you think ahead a bit, mass resurrect is easy to counter.

For me masters is mid level lol, it's the level I am at, I consider high elo 4200+

MM is a complete mess lol, people in EU barely comm at all, even in 4300 matches they are SILENT, it's no coincidence top streamers from EU play on NA, and even in NA there's basically no comms or bad comms, so requiring that kind of teamwork to just counter mercy is not gonna happen 90% of the time, and requiring insane teamwork to counter a hero that all that has to do is hide, shift and Q is pretty dumb, sorry, 0 mechanical skill required.

So yeah, mercy wasn't easy to counter in matchmaking, scrims and tournament play is like a different game compared to matchmaking, fights are usually setup, everyone knows what they have to do etc, MM is just 6 randoms trying to shoot people and heal, with the occasional "how long for grav?" "mercy ress"

12/19/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Lithy
Well, explain me then these conversations:

Player 1: Why do you pick Ana? Pick Mercy.
Ana: Sorry, I don't enjoy her. I prefer to pick other support.
Player 2: We need a Mercy. You have some hours with her.
Ana: But I don't like her now.
Player 1: So you wanna throw the game? Report.
(Ana switches to Mercy)

Player 1: Damn, I'm dead. Rez me, Mercy!
Mercy: I can't, you died alone in middle of the enemy team, I'll die if I try that.
Player 2: Rez me, idiot! Don't rez him!
Player 1: I'll report if you rez that guy, you son of a...!!!

Player 1: I'm dead again, rez me, noob! I have my ult ready!
Mercy: I'm on cd.
Player 1: Rez me, f... idiot!!!! We'll lose!!!
Player 2: Man, this Mercy sucks.
Player 1: Retard
Player 2: (in general chat) Report our Mercy, she is throwing the game.
Mercy: What?
Player 1: Shut up! I hope you'll got cancer!!!
Player 2: I hate these Mercy one tricks...

(the match ends)
Player 1 (wispering to Mercy): You suck, you should uninstall the game, piece of s...
Player 2 (wispering to Mercy): F... retard, we lost by your fault
Mercy (to Player 2): Wtf are you talking about? You didn't push the payload.
Player 2: Retard, go and hang yourself.

Saying that Mercy doesn't get toxicity is a huge lie, almost everybody knows that she is the current #1 toxicity target of the game

She does get toxicity, but the toxicity created by NOT playing her is far worse, because most of the time is toxicity between everyone in the team, it creates a very bad mood between everyone, leading to insults, reports, etc.

Zenyatta: Moira entirely overshadows him.

wat? Zenyatta is meta right now with mercy, best healer combo by far, moira didn't even get playtime in OWL preseason, having a defensive ult on top of mercy ult is extremely strong.

Even the pros who play Mercy (like EeveeA) got harrassed just for playing her, so you are lying. Yes, if you don't pick Mercy your teammates will harrass you because she isn't balanced and they consider her mandatory, so you will be forced to play her, but if you pick her, you will usually be harrassed af thanks to her current single rez, and that is a true fact, told by a lot of Mercy players of all ranks.

EeveeA is not a pro, just a streamer.

Yes both situations are legit, but the toxicity from an idiot being mad about not being ressed most of the time is not comparable to the toxicity of 3-4 players harrasing X person for not playing mercy, just based off my experience.

12/19/2017 06:04 AMPosted by Halofreak90
Lolwat. Have you seen the list of bugs? Or just played the game in general? There's so much wrong with the game, I'd be speaking for two months straight if I had to list everything.

There's bugs, but I don't experience many GAME BREAKING bugs, and I do play quite a bit, just competitive tho.
Lucio: Weak healing.

Not exactly weak healing, just gotta play around Lucio, his AMP'd up healing is good, also healing is not everything for a support, things like discord or lucio speed boost are massive utility tools, let's not forget Lucio was meta for the speed boost alone, until mercy became utterly OP after rework

Ana: Aim and too mobile characters = bad combo.

Ana gets punished by dive and too many shields, they need to somehow fix her a bit, on top of needing mechanical skill to land your shots on hard targets like a genji jumping around or a tracer ADAD blinking, you get countered easily, on top of not having a defensive ult

Ana should be the GO-TO support in high elo and proffesional play, just like it was, it's the healer that requires most mechanical skill, positioning and gamesense, in the right hands it should be the best support, it's how balance should work for a competitive game, the hero that requires the most skill should give the best reward, currently it's the other way, the support that requires less kill ( Mercy ) gives the best reward
EeveeA is not a pro, just a streamer.

Yes both situations are legit, but the toxicity from an idiot being mad about not being ressed most of the time is not comparable to the toxicity of 3-4 players harrasing X person for not playing mercy, just based off my experience.

What? She is the #1 world Mercy, if that's not a pro, tell me what is supposed to be a pro.

About toxicity, I won't meassure how do you get more toxicity, as it doesn't really matters. The point is that you have a lot of toxicity either by picking Mercy and by not picking her, so it's the same problem: this design is not healthy for the game and must be changed. It encourages toxicity towards the Mercy players and the other supports and no nerf has solved anything btw, as none will solve anything. The only real solution comes from a huge change. The 2 stationary seconds must die. Resurrect needs to be earned and turned into an ultimate again. Valkirie needs a lot of work, and Mercy needs a lot of work for being fun, impactful and rewarding to play again. By now, her entire kit feels diluted, and only punish the Mercy player, when before she could punish bad players.
12/19/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Lithy
What? She is the #1 world Mercy, if that's not a pro, tell me what is supposed to be a pro.

She isn't, she says so herself. She doesn't like when people refer to her or others as #1 Mercy. She's just a very high level streamer, consistently Top 500 every season and has a lot of knowledge about Mercy and the game. That's why her ideas for her are probably some of the best out there.
12/19/2017 09:31 AMPosted by micachu

She isn't, she says so herself. She doesn't like when people refer to her or others as #1 Mercy. She's just a very high level streamer, consistently Top 500 every season and has a lot of knowledge about Mercy and the game. That's why her ideas for her are probably some of the best out there.

Thanks for your correction. However, as you said she is still a t500. That was the point I tried to explain, toxicity towards Mercy is very high from the highest to the lowest rank, when before it wasn't so serious not by a long shot.
12/19/2017 06:22 AMPosted by FFirebrandd

For me masters is mid level lol, it's the level I am at, I consider high elo 4200+

MM is a complete mess lol, people in EU barely comm at all, even in 4300 matches they are SILENT, it's no coincidence top streamers from EU play on NA, and even in NA there's basically no comms or bad comms, so requiring that kind of teamwork to just counter mercy is not gonna happen 90% of the time, and requiring insane teamwork to counter a hero that all that has to do is hide, shift and Q is pretty dumb, sorry, 0 mechanical skill required.

So yeah, mercy wasn't easy to counter in matchmaking, scrims and tournament play is like a different game compared to matchmaking, fights are usually setup, everyone knows what they have to do etc, MM is just 6 randoms trying to shoot people and heal, with the occasional "how long for grav?" "mercy ress"

So... based of of this thread
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760666571
Your view of what is "mid" SR does not match a lot of the community.

I suppose holding ults and winning the 6v5 without them does require teamwork... but neither of the other two things I said did. Any sort of DPS ult or CC ult should be able to easily wipe the team post res... especially if the Res happened after a Grav Combo. Mercy isn't exactly scary, so most heroes can safely push up to the spawn door and kill Mercy as she tries to WALK past them... since y'know GA can only be used if Mercy can see a soul and no map has the point visible from the spawn door (and if there is one, that's a level design issue, not a Mercy issue).
Still, nothing...

Overbuff stats don't mean THAT much, being #1 on overbuff DOES NOT mean you're the the best in the world, what is supposed to be a pro? very simple, a PROfessional player, playing for a Organization or building an org themselves, playing in the OWL/Contenders, that's a pro, below that you have monthly tournaments, tier3 scene, etc, which are Semi-pros

Wraxu for example is the #1 hanzo probably if we look at overwatch ( in his case possibly even better than most pro players at hanzo) and he's still not a pro, just a streamer

12/19/2017 09:48 AMPosted by FFirebrandd
So... based of of this thread
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760666571
Your view of what is "mid" SR does not match a lot of the community.

I don't care tho? It's my opinion, ask any streamer out there what high elo is, they'll say +4200/4300, maybe low GM at the very least, masters is definetely not high elo, and im masters myself.

12/19/2017 09:48 AMPosted by FFirebrandd
I suppose holding ults and winning the 6v5 without them does require teamwork... but neither of the other two things I said did. Any sort of DPS ult or CC ult should be able to easily wipe the team post res... especially if the Res happened after a Grav Combo. Mercy isn't exactly scary, so most heroes can safely push up to the spawn door and kill Mercy as she tries to WALK past them... since y'know GA can only be used if Mercy can see a soul and no map has the point visible from the spawn door (and if there is one, that's a level design issue, not a Mercy issue).

It's pointless to keep discussing this, it WAS a problem, and blizzard agreed, the thing is, the rework turned it equally as worse, or even worse.