[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Nov 16, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 174 175 176 314 Next
Please jeff don't let mercy ruin the OWL biblethump
12/19/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Pulse
12/19/2017 09:48 AMPosted by FFirebrandd
I suppose holding ults and winning the 6v5 without them does require teamwork... but neither of the other two things I said did. Any sort of DPS ult or CC ult should be able to easily wipe the team post res... especially if the Res happened after a Grav Combo. Mercy isn't exactly scary, so most heroes can safely push up to the spawn door and kill Mercy as she tries to WALK past them... since y'know GA can only be used if Mercy can see a soul and no map has the point visible from the spawn door (and if there is one, that's a level design issue, not a Mercy issue).

It's pointless to keep discussing this, it WAS a problem, and blizzard agreed, the thing is, the rework turned it equally as worse, or even worse.

Except that it wasn't. That's my point. Mercy's old ult was not a problem and was something the game needed. It got removed for reasons that are shaky at best and what Mercy has now is a hilariously awful combination of too powerful and straight up boring.
12/19/2017 10:27 AMPosted by FFirebrandd
Except that it wasn't. That's my point. Mercy's old ult was not a problem and was something the game needed. It got removed for reasons that are shaky at best and what Mercy has now is a hilariously awful combination of too powerful and straight up boring.

Except it was, everyone but the mercy player felt FRUSTRATION when that happened, sorry but you should not be getting a 5 man ress by pressing shift-Q with 0 mechanical skill involved, this is a FPS jeez.

Old mercy was extremely anti fun and lame, new mercy is antifun, OP, boring, at the same time
12/19/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Pulse

Except it was, everyone but the mercy player felt FRUSTRATION when that happened, sorry but you should not be getting a 5 man ress by pressing shift-Q with 0 mechanical skill involved, this is a FPS jeez.

Old mercy was extremely anti fun and lame, new mercy is antifun, OP, boring, at the same time

Then by that logic, other heroes shouldn't be able to get triple, quad or quin kills with their ult. If Mercy can't res multiple people with her ult, what gives say, Junkrat, D.Va or Reaper the right to kill multiple people with their ults.
Hello blizzard! Say hello to me too pls. :D

Nope.

Every Mercy player has had at least one Res where her team gets SUPER happy and loses their minds post Res. So no... if you were on Mercy's team it was generally not frustrating.

You are right that old Res itself doesn't have much in the way of mechanical skill requirement... but honestly there's a lot of other ults that don't require mechanical skill either. Soldier's ult is a literal aimbot. McCree's is an auto lock on. Reaper is a swirling AoE of Death. Doomfist is just a burst of AoE damage that is more of a mind game than aiming. Prior to Moria, none of the support ults required mechanical skill. It's actually probably easier to list the ults that do require aiming.

Also... this is much more like an FPMOBA than an FPS. As proved by the fact that... I think 7ish OW heroes have been almost seamlessly put into HotS.
12/19/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Pulse
Please jeff don't let mercy ruin the OWL biblethump

They already let her dominate the World Cup, Nexus Cup, OWL Pre-season, so why would they care if she's still OP af

Oh my, all caps FRUSTRATION? Was it really that bad?
I'm so sorry! I never realized I hurt so many people's feelings... I just wanted my Ultimate to spread joy and happiness among teammates and opponents alike!
[quote="207591482321"]everyone but the mercy player felt FRUSTRATION when that happened, sorry but you should not be getting a 5 man ress by pressing shift-Q with 0 mechanical skill involved, this is a FPS jeez.

So you say that you also shouldnt get pentakills by just jumping out of highground and Q as Reaper
So you say that you shouldnt get pentakills by just pressing Q after shift with Pharah
So you say you shouldnt get pentakills by just pressing Q woth McCree
Or you just say that only Mercys Q should be useless for team? I couldn t get what you think clearly from your post.
12/19/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Rudko
So you say that you also shouldnt get pentakills by just jumping out of highground and Q as Reaper
So you say that you shouldnt get pentakills by just pressing Q after shift with Pharah
So you say you shouldnt get pentakills by just pressing Q woth McCree
Or you just say that only Mercys Q should be useless for team? I couldn t get what you think clearly from your post.

If you're getting those sorts of ults of the enemy team is probably not at your skill level.

That would be your opinion, I never, but NEVER heard a single complain anytime I rezzed someone, excepting once when I rezzed one guy and one of my teammates told me "why you rez only one?". Nobody felt frustrated, in fact, I got congratulated a lot of times, and even defended when someone flamed me for random reasons. She wasn't anti fun at all for nobody, excepting for awful and toxic players. They made all the entire rez's problem, and by their fault the game is so annoying atm for everybody.
I think people wanting revert just want quick and big nerf. The old mercy was also a big problem in balancing.

Old res only feeels better to fight because she had no valkrie. But also she had this invunerability that made lots of people salty.
I would just rather slighlty nerf Valkrie. What is the problem of that? I dont see why people hate nerfing Valkrie.

And there is no such thing as too many fixes when old mercy had more patches than the new one and you want to revert to that.
12/19/2017 01:42 PMPosted by Hawai
I think people wanting revert just want quick and big nerf. The old mercy was also a big problem in balancing.

Old res only feeels better to fight because she had no valkrie. But also she had this invunerability that made lots of people salty.
I would just rather slighlty nerf Valkrie. What is the problem of that? I dont see why people hate nerfing Valkrie.

And there is no such thing as too many fixes when old mercy had more patches than the new one and you want to revert to that.

Old Mercy was almost balanced, she wasn't a problem at all. In fact, she was maybe a bit underpowered in highest ranks, because she was too easy to counter. Current Mercy has only issues everywhere, and Valkirie is utterly boring to use, unrewarding, awfully designed, and it has had much more patches than Mercy ever had before in less than a half year, being almost all of them nerfs and more nerfs that haven't fixed anything. Reverting Mercy would be a nerf? Maybe, but then you can add Valkirie as her E new ability and do a lot of things that doesn't work with this current design, as they only make Mercy painful and boring to play. She was more balanced and she was much easier to balance than the current one.

Finally, those who want a revert, don't want a quick nerf, as you say. They want to enjoy the character they loved, or at least something similar. This mess of a character is not Mercy, and she has alienated a huge part of her player base. Old Mercy is very missed, and a other people see that this rework has only turned things to worse, that's why they call for a revert.
11/16/2017 02:43 PMPosted by AConstelle
If you removed Rez as an ability and gave her more Rezs available during Valkyrie, I'd be happy. You could even give her another E ability so she's more active during team fights, but this current version of her isn't very fun.

If you need time to rework her some more that's cool, but if I had to ask for immediate changes it'd be removing the slow effect.

Best Idea Ever!
12/19/2017 12:50 AMPosted by Cleopatra
12/18/2017 10:10 PMPosted by BlueFountain
Why is this ult so long?

Why did you ever think giving her a 30 second cooldown rez was a good idea, and a second one to boot when using her super long ult? You basically forced tempo-rezz on her, little reason to force her to rezz

Why did you make her healing chain with such a good distance? It's basically a mini-Zen ult plus rezz that lasts 3.3 times as long, with option of group damage boost. Really hard it seems even in diamond to try and counter it.

Why did you think giving her such a long lasting ult while keeping her ult charge the fastest for a healer to get was a good idea? She has ult for nearly ever fight.

First of all, Valkyrie is poor ult. It doesn't heal faster, damage boost more, or provide other kind of improved support for the team. It does provide increased survivability for Mercy, but that's rather selfish for support ultimate.

Having it last 20 seconds helps to negate it's lack of power to some degree, since it lasts longer than most ults used to counter.

Instead of 1, she can more or less heal or damage boost the entire team. She can also easily go Rambo in that mode with no worries about ammo. And last longer than most ults? It lasts longer than all ults. Most are 6 seconds or less, I think only Torb and Orisa have an ult that lasts longer than 10 seconds (12 and 15 I think...?)
PLEASE NERF RES

By reverting it.

All she needed was a cast, and decay over time with a target-less Guardian Angel to make her more "engaging." Or weaker valk as E.

What about "Hide and:"
-Noon
-Blossom
-Tire
-Shield Gen?

Also why does this game have flankers...if not to seek out reserved enemy players...?
Ngl at this point just delete Rez as an e ability and make it available during a nerfed (aka shortened) version of Valk. SIMPLE. Increase her healing output during her Ult and decrease her movement a tad bit. This would solve so many problems. Buff the other supports (aside from Moira) to keep all 5 healers on the same level. THEN we will have balanced healers with plenty of unique abilities.

Just rise Mercy's skill ceiling for God's sake. Just give ana a more rewarding kit, give Zenyatta more defense mechanisms, help Lucio to become relevant again. Is it that hard Blizzard? LEVEL YOUR HEALERS.

Give Symmetra and Sombra the damn reworks they deserve, buff all f-tier heroes (aside from Hanzo pls delete him) into relevance again (I. E Reaper??). Just DO something! I am so sick of all the complains and hatred against a character I love just because you decided to stick to pro-!@#$ meta and make her OP.
12/19/2017 04:23 PMPosted by Lemonkiller
And
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760816472?page=1
got locked...
._.
RIP.

No surprise...

Any negative feedback about their decisions is instantly ignored and threads are locked.
My main problem with the Mercy changes are the slow down of rez and the cooldown getting reset if you get interrupted, this two double negatives that don't make a positive! this is a major problem I think the rez speed can still be increased to maybe 1.25. I also feel as tho getting booped away interrupts is reasonable but I think it shouldn't put rez on cooldown. I felt good when y'all announced the mercy change and you said you wouldn't ruin my favorite hero, and I'm afraid to say you did. You wanted to make mercy's not hide as much but by doing the changes I feel the need to hide more. Please fix these problems, I'm amazed they passed the PTR it's like you listened to everyone but Mercy players.