[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Nov 16, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 193 194 195 314 Next
12/24/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Mercy
Also I gotta ask, why would any Mercy main/player here suggest nerfs for her?

Because we know what's bad and what's good, so in case of balance you are giving buffs but also nerfs. Being blind for that isn't healthy.

But giving her nerfs "just because" is bad, of course. That's why I want to believe we are brainstorming here to find the golden mean. But it isn't easy, because res is a powerful thing.
If mercy hide and Rez was so a myth like everyone says why are y’all so bent on punishing old Rez?

It was fine the way it was. If anything increase the ult charge required for it.
Also I gotta ask, why would any Mercy main/player here suggest nerfs for her? You know dang well that won’t fix or charge anything as we have seen with the last 2 rounds of nerfs. All it’ll do is make her less fun to play which is what all of the nerfs have done so far. They didn’t “balance” her one bit.

She is due for some nerfs. Her pickrates in GM and the OWL are actually ridiculous. I know pickrates arent always a factor, but they are when youre that close to 100%.

However, that does not mean I or anyone else who says this thinks she only needs nerfs and thats it. While she should be toned down, it should be along with changes that make her more fun than her current state.

Let's hope Blizzard gets it right. They have a lot of eyes checking the patch notes every time they come up.
I think Mercy's bloated pick rate is easily traced back to the fact that you don't need to blow your ult to be able to rez. That ability will always have the power of an ultimate, even after all the nerfs.

Give Mercy a different E outside of Valkyrie mode, preferably something that needs a lot of micromanagement. Mercy 1.0's playstyle had a lot of that, and I miss it.
Revert back to original rez with a LOS check and a new E.

New E ability: Mercy unlocks her wings which allows you to hold space to slowly hover upwards with an automatic slow fall effect. ~6 sec duration and 20 sec cooldown.

Boom, les go Blizz.
All I want for Christmas is a Mercy rework
12/24/2017 04:27 AMPosted by Mercy
Oh heck no, all of those suggestions are god awful. Thank Christ these forums aren’t a factor in balancing Mercy.

any particular reasons how they're supposedly 'awful'? My suggestions aim to reinstate the feeling of being a hero as a Mercy player by making game-changing plays, while also addressing the devs concerns and keeping the independence of current Mercy. They've been incredibly well received this far and have been built upon by other Mercy mains in these threads.

If you have any actual criticism beyond a simple 'horrible' with real reasons and counterpoints, please, do post it. :)

Also I gotta ask, why would any Mercy main/player here suggest nerfs for her? You know dang well that won’t fix or charge anything as we have seen with the last 2 rounds of nerfs. All it’ll do is make her less fun to play which is what all of the nerfs have done so far. They didn’t “balance” her one bit.

You... are aware she is currently a must-pick, right? She needs nerfs. She needs a revert or another rework. She needs to be toned down, desperately so.

People in this thread (and every other megathread thus far) are trying to suggest things to make her fun again for the player, remove her must-pick status, and make her balanced again - we can't do that with straight buffs. we need to include ways to tone down her power or to divert it to other aspects of her kit. She's op and a must pick right now, literally anything some of us suggest is going to be seen as some form of nerf to someone.

stop focusing on the 'nerf' aspect of suggestions and look at the entire picture of how the power is diverted elsewhere in her kit, please.
12/24/2017 12:29 AMPosted by Nicolas
12/23/2017 03:47 PMPosted by SirRocknRyan
Eevee uses 23 sens 1600 DPI
Kaz uses 10 sens 1200 DPI
Menace uses 15 sens 1200 DPI
I use 12 sens 1200 DPI

Daaamn.
But seriously y tho. For the fast reaction possible? Or there's something else?

Mercy benefits greatly from super high sensitivity. It allows for smoother movement, better and more reliable GA usage in dangerous situations (You can 180 turn much quicker to find allys to escape) and the high sensitivity allows you to constantly look around the battlefield while also make your movements/head turning more unreliable and thus harder to hit.
12/24/2017 01:42 PMPosted by GenjisWife
12/24/2017 04:27 AMPosted by Mercy
Oh heck no, all of those suggestions are god awful. Thank Christ these forums aren’t a factor in balancing Mercy.

any particular reasons how they're supposedly 'awful'? My suggestions aim to reinstate the feeling of being a hero as a Mercy player by making game-changing plays, while also addressing the devs concerns and keeping the independence of current Mercy. They've been incredibly well received this far and have been built upon by other Mercy mains in these threads.

If you have any actual criticism beyond a simple 'horrible' with real reasons and counterpoints, please, do post it. :)

You... are aware she is currently a must-pick, right? She needs nerfs. She needs a revert or another rework. She needs to be toned down, desperately so.

People in this thread (and every other megathread thus far) are trying to suggest things to make her fun again for the player, remove her must-pick status, and make her balanced again - we can't do that with straight buffs. we need to include ways to tone down her power or to divert it to other aspects of her kit. She's op and a must pick right now, literally anything some of us suggest is going to be seen as some form of nerf to someone.

stop focusing on the 'nerf' aspect of suggestions and look at the entire picture of how the power is diverted elsewhere in her kit, please.

*Grabs popcorn*
12/24/2017 02:55 PMPosted by SirRocknRyan
(You can 180 turn much quicker to find allys to escape)

Damn... And I can do quick 180 on 2.45/1600DPI :V
lets get jeff his gift, this thread needs to get to 200 to make him happy.
and mabey we will get a gift also, "a response"

#RevertMercy
#FixMercy
#NotMyMercy
This game will never reach its full potential for esports as long as mercy is this OP. OWL is coming soon and Mercy will be a must pick, I really expected blizzard to nerf her before it started. OWL will start out it’s inaugural season with the easiest hero OP and the second easiest junkrat at a close second. A third of the team isn’t skill which doesn’t show anything spectacular happening. Very disappointing
12/20/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Essence
Please nerf mercy.

It is blindly obvious she is overpowered.

Edit: Oh look mercy mains are haunting this thread downvoting people who speak the truth...

Never seen that before... Cough D.va megathread cough...

Well, us Mercy Mains do believe that she is very overpowered at the moment and that is not what we want. If people ask for her to be nerfed AGAIN, then there is no point in playing her because it'll make her even more of a boring character to play! As, with and against...

Yes we believe that her OPness comes from her Ability Rez (all of which could have been avoided if Mercy 1.0 stayed as is!Even though it had its flaws, it was in a BETTER SPOT than her new rework.
I was excited when Valkyrie first came out because I've always been a bit of a battle Mercy, but then...it just got ruined. No one was surprised when I went in for the kill anymore, rezzing's near impossible, the infinite ammo of Valk does NOTHING for me because I get blasted out of the sky the minute I ult, etc.

I get that there has to be a balance in all this, but for everyone saying to nerf Mercy...Symmetra's still RIDICULOUSLY OP, Bastion is apparently god, there are so many other unbalanced heroes. Yet they're not getting nerfed every patch. And don't tell me it's because of how vocal people are against Mercy, because literally everyone I know wants Bastion nerfed.

I've always been a Mercy main. Always. But I barely even play Overwatch anymore because it's just...exhausting. I constantly get yelled at, I die ALL THE TIME, and it feels like a chore just to play. This Mercy rework killed my drive to play in the first place. It made Overwatch stop being something fun, and start feeling like work. Even when I was busy, I used to always go on for arcade lootboxes, but I don't even bother most of the time at this point. I know I'm not the only person to feel like this either. I wonder how many Mercy mains who loved OVW are distant from it now because of all this. I've been playing since October 2016. I've seen my share of buffs and nerfs for every hero. This isn't just a nerf, it's rendering a character pointless and spitting in the faces of those who play her.

OVW staff, please. Listen to the suggestions here.

All I want for Christmas is Mercy not being unplayable. I just want to enjoy Overwatch using my main again.
It's actually Christmas for me, given it's 1 AM, and I'm just hoping Blizz releases the oh so sought after revert. Please Blizz, for us?
12/24/2017 11:10 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
It's actually Christmas for me, given it's 1 AM, and I'm just hoping Blizz releases the oh so sought after revert. Please Blizz, for us?

Nah. All they can do is making a long stream of Jeff sitting next to the fireplace for hours and then giving troll announcement of the next hero :P
The truth is all we want for Christmas Jeff is a fun, fluid, balanced and fair Mercy for all. We dont want an SR exploit, we dont want her OP, we dont want to be blamed for hide and res, we dont want her to out shine other supports, we dont want to leave the game if you make another mistake.

All we ever wanted was to play our main in peace and support our teammates. By bringing this abomination on us look at the community, look at the state of the game, and look amongst your ranks I'm sure the dev team is stressed over her too...

FIX IT AND BE DONE OR RISK A MAJOR SHIFT IN THE GAME AND COMMUNITY.

I believe we can all agree that we are over this Mercy situation.
12/25/2017 01:02 AMPosted by Kuuppon
I believe we can all agree that we are over this Mercy situation.

It will be close to over when something will be done about it.
Why are people in this thread going on and on about how Mercy is a must-pick still? Her pick rate has taken a huge drop since the last nerf (res cast time) and the introduction of Moira. In the last week, her pick rate according to Overbuff was 13.71%. Because of the way Overbuff does stats per-person rather than per-team, that's the equivalent of 76.5% from other sources, and it's also an overestimate because of some issues with hero swapping mid-game and how that affects statistics on Overbuff.

She's still the most-picked support right now, but that's nowhere near her pick rate she had right after Valkyrie changes. In addition, Zenyatta still has a higher win rate. The only support with a negative win rate is Ana, who does not appear to have gained enough ground in that department since her increase to 70 damage.

As-is, Mercy's still high pick rate isn't because of her power, it's because of her versatility and consistency. She's like the Soldier: 76 of supports. There's no map or team comp that she's bad in, even if she isn't always best. Back when Mercy was only worth picking over other supports for her Ultimate (when her Ultimate was Resurrect), that wasn't quite as true despite the 5x res potential. Mercy was only maximally valuable pre-rework if Mercy was the last person left alive in a team fight, and for that reason Lucio was just hands-down the better pick in KOTH while Mercy excelled at 2CP and hybrid defense where she could make better use of cover.

I think we can all agree that Mercy's most instantly powerful ability is Resurrect, regardless of how much we might argue over exactly how powerful Resurrect is. I personally don't think Resurrect in its current form with a cast time is overpowered, but I do think it's very consistent. When it was an ultimate, it was not consistent for two main reasons: it was not always ready when needed, and it was not always clear exactly when it should be used. As the cooldown ability it is now, it's pretty clear whether or not a resurrection is safe or not, and if the resurrection is safe then the action has guaranteed value for the Mercy. By comparison, all of the other supports' most instantly powerful abilities are their ultimates, which by nature makes the abilities less consistently valuable despite their maximum potential value.

In summary, Mercy is no longer overpowered... but she is overly consistent. That's a mechanical design problem brought about by her particular set of abilities. To move forward, Blizzard first needs to step back. Resurrect needs to be Mercy's ultimate. Make it a cast time ability as it is now, but Resurrect all allies in a 15-yard range as it did before and give all living allies in range including Mercy 100% hp when the cast finishes. This would give Mercy an incredibly powerful yet inconsistently valuable ability, encouraging her to use it before her team has completely died so that she does not herself die during the cast time. This kills the fabled hide-and-res Mercy without killing the potential for a huge res.

With this newfound inconsistency in her kit's value, Mercy would then have room for an E ability to give her a full kit without being overpowered. Conveniently, Blizzard has already designed all of the artwork assets necessary to implement Valkyrie as her E ability. 3 second duration, 15 second cooldown. Free flight, AOE beams, 30 hp/sec in-combat regen and bring back the old pistol damage buffs she used to have on PTR. No effect on Resurrection.

The result would be a Mercy who is incredibly powerful, yet inconsistently powerful like all other skill-based heroes. A Mercy whose maximum potential is only realized by using her whole kit, pistol included. A Mercy who can decide the fate of a team fight with one button, but who can fail by using it too early or too late. A Mercy who can take a duel with her short-lived Valkyrie, but is still incredibly vulnerable without it. A Mercy who could once again be proud to spray the HUGE RES graphic on the ground amidst furious !@#$%^-*!@ just for the benefit of the POTG camera. A Mercy that could finally once again say the most iconic voice line in the entire game with all the dramatic flair and reverb effects that it deserves: Heroes Never Die.

edit: Really, Blizzard? You censored the word for repeatedly spamming crouch on the forums?
My personal Idea would be that Revive becomes a "Press and Hold" Ultimate ability. The longer you press the more % of HP are regenerated for revived Teammates. Example: You just quickpress Q once and revive all Teammates around you with maybe 15% or their total Health BUT you have no Cast-Time. In another scenario you press and hold Q until a revive indicator shows you 100% ~ then you Revive all Players around you with 100% Health BUT you have a high Cast-Time for this like (i dont know) 2 seconds. This would add some strong decision making to a strong ability like a revive.

For her E Ability i would like to see something like a "Jump" . When you press it you spread your wings and fly up in a straight line , giving you better options to reposition with dashes or use and hold spacebar to glide around a little. And this would also add a gameplay element that could be used to work with the different strenghts and Cast-Times or Mercys ultimate.