[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Nov 16, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 199 200 201 314 Next
We are so close to 200 complaints about mercy xD

Oh that was 200
Let it be known that here, on the 200th page of feedback it is written Revert Mercy!

I see no point in giving the reasons why she must be reverted, a very cool fellow Mercy main Titanium already did this in several posts, go check them out.
12/28/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Lithy
Old rez punished bad players and bad plays, current rez punish Mercy while encourage toxicity af

Yep. I said it in another thread, and I'll add it here.

Mercy players are talking about how she didn't need mechanical skill, but rather game-sense and positioning. The anti-Mercy pro-rework "she takes skill now" crowd would scoff that all heroes needed game-sense, but then also whined that old Mercy "negated all of our ults with her hide-and-rez."

Which means that the anti-Mercy pro-rework "she takes skill now" crowd didn't use ANY game-sense. Because if they had, they'd have noticed that the enemy Mercy wasn't in view and wouldn't have blown 6 ultimates to kill 5 people.

So the reason that old Mercy was "un-fun to play against" was because they lacked the awareness of what was going on around them in the game and only wanted to pew-pew everything in sight. And even then, they got so focused on the kill in front of them, they ignored things 4 feet away (ahem, Mercy beam on target being killed by a certain Genji streamer, and when the target gets rezzed, the streamer sobs out "she's in spawn")

So when they complained that "She undoes all our ults", Blizzard should have replied, "git gud, noob. Learn some game-sense".
Kinda can’t believe Mercy is still like this.

I have played plenty of Mercy with all the changes. She feels like an obligation more than my favorite hero. I absolutely HATE having to choose between healing team mates and rezzing. That 1.75 seconds of cast time really is enough to let a whole team die. Before you go thinking “the intention was to add risk/skill/whatever” it SUCKS playing like this. Just give rez a one minute cooldown or effing remove it. Sorry to get upset, as a Mercy main I’m frustrated and I have been for a while.

Not only all this but the new rez has made Mercy the subject of more toxicity. I get yelled at by team mates to rez, and even if it’s not a malicious thing, it’s frickin distracting! Some people ask for a rez every time they die. I can do callouts on my rez (“rez down” “rez in 10 seconds” “rezzing mccree”) and people STILL assume my rez is up and ask me for it. I hate it, Blizzard. I hate the way team mates say “can we get a Mercy” if I or anyone else doesn’t pick Mercy. I hate hate hate so much about playing her now :(
12/28/2017 11:57 AMPosted by galXieranger
12/28/2017 07:01 AMPosted by Lithy
Old rez punished bad players and bad plays, current rez punish Mercy while encourage toxicity af

Mercy players are talking about how she didn't need mechanical skill, but rather game-sense and positioning. The anti-Mercy pro-rework "she takes skill now" crowd would scoff that all heroes needed game-sense, but then also whined that old Mercy "negated all of our ults with her hide-and-rez."

Which means that the anti-Mercy pro-rework "she takes skill now" crowd didn't use ANY game-sense. Because if they had, they'd have noticed that the enemy Mercy wasn't in view and wouldn't have blown 6 ultimates to kill 5 people.

So the reason that old Mercy was "un-fun to play against" was because they lacked the awareness of what was going on around them in the game and only wanted to pew-pew everything in sight. And even then, they got so focused on the kill in front of them, they ignored things 4 feet away (ahem, Mercy beam on target being killed by a certain Genji streamer, and when the target gets rezzed, the streamer sobs out "she's in spawn")

So when they complained that "She undoes all our ults", Blizzard should have replied, "git gud, noob. Learn some game-sense".
Oh you mean like with deflect “just don’t shoot at it ;)”
12/28/2017 12:07 PMPosted by momo
12/28/2017 11:57 AMPosted by galXieranger

Oh you mean like with deflect “just don’t shoot at it ;)”

Uh.... yeah?
12/28/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Praetorian
12/27/2017 03:11 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
... You say this after stating that anything that drops her pickrate will do. Dropping a hero into F tier but picking the nuclear option of nukes is not caring about the game, buddy.

If you want to say Mercy mains don't understand, I don't think you'd understand, Zarya main. It must've sucked to get your gravitons mass-rezzed, huh? Too bad. See how making judgements based on someone's main doesn't work? If Mercy mains can't have an honest opinion, anyone capable of killing mass amounts of people can't have an opinion either because Mercy would undo those and that makes them biased against her.

Let's not make petty arguments, shall we?
That thing about dropping Mercy to F-tier was a joke. I want Mercy's pick rate to be lowered, just in line with other heroes.

The old resurrect was unhealthy anyway. If my Gravitons are deflected and eaten by Genji and D.Va respectively, that's fair enough, it was my fault for not playing around those abilities. Resurrect, however, was not so feasible. Besides, my Gravitons are not so easily denied.
So you're telling my, you couldn't think about Mercy before firing your graviton? You literally just have to make sure Mercy is with the team, and then drop it. With the mobility ability cancellation buff given to graviton surge, she can't even fly away. Sorry you couldn't think before pressing Q.
12/28/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Coulumbo
12/28/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Curator
Reverting + E ability is probably best option

I dont think they are going to revert.

They already put too much time and work into the rework and reverting her would just trade one whining crowd (this thread) for another (Valk fans, pro players). You know if Blizzard had to choose to keep one crowd happy, its the pro players.

Hopefully they find a way to balance Valkyrie Mercy.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't call an Old Resurrect + reduced Valkirie (E ability) + current GA changes (my little addition to what Curator said) + tweaks if needed, only a revert, and in fact, I think that it could satisfy both pro players and casuals, as Valkirie would be used more commonly than being an ultimate (but with a more reasonable duration and power, as it would be only an ability) for positioning and survival, something that the old Mercy lacked. In addition, she would have her iconic and powerful game changing ultimate again, so bye bye to all that problems with the current rez and the toxicity that it brought and bye bye all the current design's problems indeed. The only problem that Blizzard maybe could try to fix after that is the hid and rez one, but with the SR fixing, it should be at very least lessen (they can go further with it if they want, I doubt that someone will complain about that, if they don't break it). After that, if the problem remains, tweaks can be made.
wow no reply thanks devs
I will always think that rez is too powerful.

Especially when you consider rezing tanks vs rezing non-tanks.
You get extreme value.

Her vulnerability is nice, but a smart mercy knows how to play around that.
Why do people want a LOS requirement added to Old Rez? Don't you realize that adding LOS to old Rez would increase "hide and rezzing"? If your team has to be LOS to rez, you will get many Mercy players saying "die together die on point!" so that they are in LOS. Adding a LOS requirement would only make the situation more common.

Having no LOS made old rez flexible and allowed Mercy players to rez WITHOUT telling their team to die on point.

If Blizzard reverts Mercy and gives her a New E ability I would dearly hope they keep Rez Ult as non-LOS requiring.
*Angrily stares through a glass at a comatose Mercy in her Blizzard hospital bed with needles in her arm* Why are they doing this?!
12/28/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Sheldon
I will always think that rez is too powerful.

Especially when you consider rezing tanks vs rezing non-tanks.
You get extreme value.

Her vulnerability is nice, but a smart mercy knows how to play around that.
As an ability or an ult?
Because placing any ult on cooldown is a bad idea begging for nerfs.
And rezzing tanks having extra value is debatable. Can they generally stall better than a low health character? Yea, but if they aren't performing well it might be better to rez a low health player who is rocking it as pushing the enemy back might hold more value then extending a stalemate.
And what exactly can a "smart Mercy" do to "play around" her extreme vulnerability while rezing? Her options are; don't rez, cross her fingers that the enemy team goes away before the timer runs out, hope the enemy can't aim, cross her fingers that the teammate dies in a protected spot or by a corner, hope her tank plays bullet sponge, or ult for insta rez. She can't cancel if sudden danger approaches, she can't assist in any way while rezing, she can't even defend herself. But please tell me how a smart Mercy can beat her practice dummy debuff known as Ressurect.
12/28/2017 01:00 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
12/28/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Praetorian
...That thing about dropping Mercy to F-tier was a joke. I want Mercy's pick rate to be lowered, just in line with other heroes.

The old resurrect was unhealthy anyway. If my Gravitons are deflected and eaten by Genji and D.Va respectively, that's fair enough, it was my fault for not playing around those abilities. Resurrect, however, was not so feasible. Besides, my Gravitons are not so easily denied.
So you're telling my, you couldn't think about Mercy before firing your graviton? You literally just have to make sure Mercy is with the team, and then drop it. With the mobility ability cancellation buff given to graviton surge, she can't even fly away. Sorry you couldn't think before pressing Q.
Of course I would fire a black hole if Mercy would get caught in it, but that was the problem. You know, hide and rez. Why are we even discussing this, it's unlikely we're ever going to get old Mercy back.
12/28/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Atsuka
*Angrily stares through a glass at a comatose Mercy in her Blizzard hospital bed with needles in her arm* Why are they doing this?!

Blizzard: "But hey you could always try alternative medicines."
Lucio: "No one is ever near to hear my healing music!"
Ana: "How can I heal someone who jumps erratically and breaks LOS!"
Moira: "I need to replenish, that's why I'm draining the enemy!"
Zenyatta: "I can only heal you spiritually so much."
Symmetra: "Why am I even here?"
Soldier 76: "I just crack open a cold one and stand around it for a sec ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
Sombra: "Pick up my hacked health packs! They can't, you can."
Roadhog: "I just vape the pain away. Oh you want some. Well I'm not sharing!"
Blizzard: "See!" *blinks nervously* "So which OWL skin do you want?"
At this point Mercy mains it's time to revolt. Stop playing. Period. Leave the game do somethig else. If there are support mains still around let them play her and if they get tired of the toxicity toward them then maybe they will leave and force the dps to take up support.

Honestly I really just wish all support would abandon the game just to force the rest of the player base to flex to the one category they barely play or never touched. Maybe then they can see what we go through.

Cant wait for the Hanzo mains when he gets butchered next. I'll be there to rub it in just like the community has been doing with Mercy.
Nearing 4000 posts. I predict that we will have a grand total of zero responses by the time we reach that milestone.
12/28/2017 04:07 PMPosted by Praetorian
12/28/2017 01:00 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
... So you're telling my, you couldn't think about Mercy before firing your graviton? You literally just have to make sure Mercy is with the team, and then drop it. With the mobility ability cancellation buff given to graviton surge, she can't even fly away. Sorry you couldn't think before pressing Q.
Of course I would fire a black hole if Mercy would get caught in it, but that was the problem. You know, hide and rez. Why are we even discussing this, it's unlikely we're ever going to get old Mercy back.

If she is hiding she is not actively healing her teammates. Ultimate abilities shouldn't be needed to wipe the enemy team that has no support, they will not be able to hold the point without help from their support. No support, no sustainability. Mercy is not that hard to find if she is actively healing her teammates, follow the yellow or blue beam back to the source.

then just apply the nerfs on competitive and OWL.

Leave QP out of it.

EDIT: to cater the low level players, apply the nerf only to competitive matches on Plat rank and above. that should solve the problem.

so "PROS" could get what they want and just leave us casuals out of it.

Regardless of which side you argue for, I dont think heroes should ever have different balance depending on what mode you play.

Only time a heroes kit should be different from normal is during very specific modes (Lucioball, Yeti Hunt).

So the point is, you PRO'S want the heroes to cater to your "side" needs only and doesn't care about the other side (casuals) with the argument that the game should only be balanced around high level plays.

Then why don't just make a server for PROS only and a server for casuals only?
With the different servers for "casuals" and "PROS" both side got what they wanted. PROS doesnt want low level mercy, so why not erase her already from the "PROS" matches? then you PROS won't have to complain again about the matchmaking sistem wrongly matching you with lower skill level mercies that should not have the SR same as you.

I'm willing to bet with the difference in player numbers between the PROS and casuals that one server will have abysmal wait time for match. with that we can see who is making the servers alive, PROS or casuals.