xQc

General Discussion
11/17/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Dwinner9000
11/17/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Eviaria
https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedClearGullPlanking

If you don't think he should be banned because of doing this, then I have no words for you. This is inexcusable.

Wow. The fact that you're even allowed to report the same person multiple times in 30 seconds.

This is a major flaw with the report system that needs to be fixed. Being able to spam reports had always been abusable, and will continue to make a mockery of the system until it's fixed
11/17/2017 07:15 PMPosted by D3LT4
11/17/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Beartornado

I mean.

If you passed judgement on something.

And everyone said "your judgement is flawed, now X is going to happen."

And then you said "My judgement is fair" and didn't even acknolwedge the possibility of X happening because you believe it won't.

And then somone goes and streams themselves doing X in front of everyone as a result of your judgement.

You'd probably feel like a twonk, and punish that particular person extra hard in response.

i mean it's like accusing someone of being a murderer. the penalty for example is 10 years in prison. Then they find out that you lied and condemn you to 30 years in prison for false accusations. At least, give him the same time. Not triple that amount.

it s [swearing] worth..... the number of false report >>>>> the real toxic player. i support the harsher punishment for abusing report system.
+1, so many haters
He just evaded his suspension.
Hey Blizz maybe stop trying to play both sides. look what your Fuey ban nonsense gets you
11/17/2017 07:45 PMPosted by ishqwn
+1, so many haters
Do you dab on them? Or are they Irrelevant?
Are you ****ing kidding me? He tells people to off themselves over mistake on his stream with 1000's of viewers, these people should be banned, not one tricks. Toxicity needs to go away completely, I cant tell you how many suggested youtube videos I've seen "xQc tells Mercy main to kill herself!!!" "xQx RAGE COMPLIATION!" "xQc blah blah blah", all he does is get angry and flame teammates on ladder
XQC? MORE LIKE TOXQC! AM I RIGHT GUYS!?!?!?!?!(of course)
They actually banned him? Wow, I might just have a little faith in Blizzard after all.
11/17/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Generation1
Banning xQc is wrong...

He may be loud, he may be obnoxious, he may do silly things to entertain his viewers but he's an upstanding member of our community...

He tries his hardest in EVERY single game he plays all day long. 8 hours a day, he tries his heart out. He tried his heart out for Team Canada and he tries his hardest to help people get better at Overwatch and for the most part is a very positive ray of light for Overwatch. He encourages team play, shows people that you can carry with Winston, and how to make the most of every game...

No way he deserves to be banned. There are literally worse offenders with more popular streams... There are streamers who have done more negative things to effect Overwatch's reputation and those players have seen NO ACTION at all.

Actually ridiculous. Especially in the midst of an attempt to win the faith of players. A very frail and hollow attempt to make amends for letting things get to this point and a very real example of the lack of understanding. Disappointment.

Side note: I don't even watch xQc's stream. I've seen it here and there but I'm not a frequent viewer and mostly just a fan from a distance. It's not like I have some devout devotion to xQc...

please don't justify this d-bag's behavior
he's an upstanding member of our community
No
he's an upstanding member of our community...

He can be a good player but upstanding member of the community?
Not with false reports.

No way he deserves to be banned. There are literally worse offenders with more popular streams... There are streamers who have done more negative things to effect Overwatch's reputation and those players have seen NO ACTION at all.

Just because they haven't been banned yet doesn't give him a free pass.
If someone commits murder and hasn't been caught yet it doesn't mean someone else should be allowed to murder because they haven't caught the first one yet.

They should have banned him for much longer.
11/17/2017 07:46 PMPosted by BabyMagnum
He just evaded his suspension.

Wait, what? ... He does understand that when you put things on the internet people can see it, yes?

He trying to get banned from season 1 OWL and probably removed from his team?

If you don't think he should be banned because of doing this, then I have no words for you. This is inexcusable.

Come on, receipts!
Deserved to be banned 100%. Just a shame it wasn't permanent.
Side note: I don't even watch xQc's stream. I've seen it here and there but I'm not a frequent viewer and mostly just a fan from a distance. It's not like I have some devout devotion to xQc...

Maybe you should actually watch some of the clips going around then.

He behaved toxically and made false reports.
Not sure how some people have come to the conclusion that the xQc suspension is about "people submitting reports" vs "one trick players." I submit reports all the time. Know why I'm not worried about being banned? Because my reporting habits bear no resemblance to xQc's behavior.

It's about understanding what kind of behavior is justified in a given situation. When you have a onetrick player on your team, spamming reports with mindless rage in the text box isn't justified. It's not helpful. Maybe instead you could submit one report (per incident/game) with a proper description of what happened. You wouldn't be banned for that, even if they don't act on the report.

Just like when you're playing Symmetra in a game and dying repeatedly while your team asks you to go to a different hero. Botting out and doubling down on a bad strategy isn't justified in competitive. It's not helpful. Maybe instead you could switch to a healer and do your best, or say "I'd be much worse on a different hero. Is there any way we can make this pick work?"

So no, Blizzard isn't playing both sides here. They're playing the side that says "think before you act."
He was banned only because he did it on a stream.
Blizzard don't read the reports so they don't ban other people did the same but wasn't on a stream.
So, that's not the same rule for everyone.
Let's unban him !

So you're telling me if you were sitting at home with everyone you love and someone came in raped and killed all but one of them and left and then you called the cops they said call us if you know anything more. Then later in the week he comes back. YOU WOULD NOT CALL THE COPS?!? That guy he reported threw every game that he was on the same team with xQc and xQc reported him every time and nothing happened. Then when he saw that guy, WHICH HE !@#$ING THREW THAT GAME NICE LEAVING THAT OUT OF THE CLIP HUH, he reported him immediately instead of waiting till the end of the game.

Moderator Note: Let's be mindful of the age of posts when replying to them.