Moira wasn't nerfed; it's probably a BUG.

PTR Feedback
The Devs have done STEALTH NERF for numerous time before if you haven't noticed yet.
11/20/2017 08:44 PMPosted by MagicTurtle
11/20/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Josteen
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/zenyatta?mode=quickplay

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/moira?mode=quickplay

For context, zen's ability and kit ratio seems to point that he was deliberately 50/50 dps/heal character while moira's ability ratio seems to point at her being a 40/60 dps/heal. And based on the stats on overbuff, moira is doing slightly more damage than the 40/60 philosophy, that might be the reason why they are tuning down the damage.

On competitive stats zen are doing way more damage and much less healing on average somehow, we dont have the stats for moira on competitive mode obviously, but if she followed zen's trend then of course her damage would be theoritically a little bit too much on comp.

I think this will have a big effect on her healing than her damage, though. A huge portion of her damage comes from damage orbs. This will decrease her damage a lot, but the bigger effect, IMO, will be her inability to fill up her resource meter and therefore to do much healing.

So if they were trying to make Moira more healing focused, this was probably the worst change they could have made.

I dont know wether you realize it or not but you dont need to keep using your lmb to sustain the heals, the heal stays for 1s ish so you can save charges by using it sparingly and take advantage of the extra healing.
11/20/2017 08:51 PMPosted by Josteen
11/20/2017 08:44 PMPosted by MagicTurtle

I think this will have a big effect on her healing than her damage, though. A huge portion of her damage comes from damage orbs. This will decrease her damage a lot, but the bigger effect, IMO, will be her inability to fill up her resource meter and therefore to do much healing.

So if they were trying to make Moira more healing focused, this was probably the worst change they could have made.

I dont know wether you realize it or not but you dont need to keep using your lmb to sustain the heals, the heal stays for 1s ish so you can save charges by using it sparingly and take advantage of the extra healing.

Yes, I am well aware of that. I've posted about it here many times. And I've been pretty successful at not often running out of healing charge as Moira in the matches I've played. But if this change goes through, it will become virtually impossible not to run out of healing charge, no matter how efficient you are. This will be especially true in comp, where you'll see more barriers on the other team than you get in QP.
11/20/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Andough
11/20/2017 07:02 PMPosted by Balsty
Considering the Doomfist hitbox nerf was undocumented and directly impacted his viability, your argument is invalid and nothing you can say will make it valid.

If this turns out to be an intended nerf, then by all means, I will happily eat my own words. Because she doesn't need a nerf, and it would objectively stupid to nerf her. But what argument am I making besides "We don't know what it is, it could be a nerf or a bug, but let's not act like it's 100% certainly a nerf until we do know"?

Is that honestly that bad? I think it's 100% okay to be pissed off that this was happened in itself, because either way it feels bad to play and was unnecessary, and vocalizing it is necessary. But people are acting like it's 100% a nerf, no other argument, it can't be anything else.

The title of your post claims it isn't a nerf but a bug, so you're being totally contradictory here. Your point isn't that we don't know what it is for certain, your point is that the conclusion everyone came to based on previous similar situations is incorrect and that it is a bug.
Sorry, doesn't seem like a bug to me:

Reddit states it's a bug on training models. Nope, it's not a bug.

This in-depth video proves it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3dFTq81xk, go to 2:10 or watch the whole video.
11/20/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Andough
They usually announce changes to heroes. This happened with Doomfist far back, and they acknowledged it was a bug. Stop labeling things as a nerf, writing paragraphs about how Blizzard apparently sucks, until this is confirmed to actually be a nerf. She was perfectly fine the way she was before and they would usually acknowledge if they planned on nerfing her; but she's not OP or broken so she doesn't need adjustments.

Until then, treat it as a bug because it's most likely a bug, and stop blowing things out of proportion. If it is an announced nerf, then the uproar is justified.

But considering that this doesn't trigger as an attack, I feel like it has to be bugged:
https://i.imgur.com/c4YrPrF.jpg

-edit-
Let me clarify. Either way, it's 100% okay to vocalize the frustration behind this. Whether it's a bug or a nerf, vocalizing how garbage she feels in PTR is totally okay and should be done. It's necessary. But treating this as if it's undoubtedly a nerf to Moira, and that there's no chance it's a bug, and therefore writing angry, ranting posts about how Blizzard sucks, how the dev team hates supports, etc. is REALLY unhelpful when it's not confirmed.

By all means, if this is a nerf to Moira and it's intended, go crazy. I'll join you. Moira is totally fine and doesn't need to be touched, and the PTR version feels pretty bad. But PTR in itself feels clunky. You have Symm turrets exploding just because you placed them on an accessible wall, you have voice lines cracking, visuals flickering, etc. It's a clunky update. So it could very well be a bug. Rant about it being a possible bug/that they should fix it, not writing a novel about how disappointed you are that they nerfed a hero when we haven't even had confirmation about what this is. Demand confirmation. That's we need first and foremost.

If it's a bug, great!

Then all of this noise people are making will alert any dev reading all this that there is one.
These nerfs to healers I swear will make me main Genji for sure...
At first it was Mercy (I didn't play with her a lot after the infamous rez casting nerf...) and now Moira....Tried her on PTR and it felt awful.... There was Genji jumping around and tracking him was so damn hard...Yes I my aim sucks...but i mean i think I would have killed him faster with any other hero that requires aim then with Moira...50 damage per/tic and perfect aiming to kill flankers now is mission impossible.. Plus I don't wanna be busy 24/7 on tracking flankers and let my teammates to die :? Because let's face it fellow supports...NO ONE PROTECTS US in the back line... :| Well occasionally maybe. That`s why I loved Moira because she could defend herself bets IMO. Sure other healers can too :) but with Moira it was the best in my experience :?

And IDK about u guys but her beam is a bit weird for me. It's kinda not straight and I sometimes start aiming the beam not the target :D u know what i mean??? Like Zarya has straight beam and it doesn't play mind tricks with my brain but Moira's beam idk :? Maybe it's just me¯\_(ツ)_/¯
11/20/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Dragon
If Blizzard is going to nerf her, I would rather them lower her DPS and keep the lock on for more consistent damage.

They could always tweak certain aspects of her kit if they want to go through with this.

They could keep the hitbox if:
    1)they were to increase the % healing resource gained for dealing dmg with RMB
    2)they were to make Coalescence re-fill her healing charge resource.

at 50dps, it already takes 4 seconds to burn a 200hp hero.
If you go down to say 40dps, that increased to 5 seconds.
I know of no other hero in the game that is this slow at killing someone within their effective range.
Lucieo was just a (wink) bug to that took a month or so to fix
11/21/2017 02:46 AMPosted by hasher22
Sorry, doesn't seem like a bug to me:

Reddit states it's a bug on training models. Nope, it's not a bug.

This in-depth video proves it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3dFTq81xk, go to 2:10 or watch the whole video.

...Did you actually just refer me to a YourOverwatch video? You know their track record for incorrect statements and idiocy, right?

I never stated it was an issue exclusive to training bots, nor does the reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7ed4dy/moira_is_nerfed_on_the_ptr/

It's just the most blatantly obvious way to test out the change (and the fact that it LITERALLY doesn't hit even when you're right next to them)

It's tested further to real rounds on BlizzWorld so I'm fully aware of; I've played her on PTR and it feels crappy. It's not something that should be put into live servers. At all! I'm saying before everyone keeps treating it as if it's undeniably a nerf, that we call for a blue post. Garner attention to this change, be it bug or intentional, so we can get clarification. By all means if they state it's an intended nerf and not a bug, I'll be pissed and join in on the crowd, too.
It certainly feels like a bug and the devs didn't indicate that they plan a nerf for Moira, so it probably is just a bug - which can happen, it's the PTR after all.

Yes, it would be nice to get a confirmation from Blizzard, but we have to remember that it's the Thanksgiving week in the US.

There's probably nobody at the office for the rest of the week.

I'd say: enjoy Moira in competitive soon, enjoy Thanksgiving, and don't worry.
In just praying its a bug and not a "bug"
11/20/2017 04:45 PMPosted by Destian
When they leave bugs in for 6+ months at a time, though, it's kinda hard to NOT get upset when we see a bug added to the game.

Still waiting for enemies to stop sliding off wall unhurt when I play Doomfist.
"They hated Jesus because he told the truth."

They came out and said it was a bug. I wonder how stupid everyone who rated you down feel now.
11/21/2017 06:21 PMPosted by MrBones
"They hated Jesus because he told the truth."

They came out and said it was a bug. I wonder how stupid everyone who rated you down feel now.

I expected it tbh. I wasn't trying to invalidate anyone's feelings but people go crazy with their feelings. Rationality isn't always welcomed during irrational situations so I understand.
I am sorry for down voting you. (Undoes the down vote) T_T *sniff*
11/21/2017 06:35 PMPosted by BlazeNaruto
I am sorry for down voting you. (Undoes the down vote) T_T *sniff*

Like I said, everyone's feelings are valid. Just gotta wait and be patient for confirmation but bringing things like this bug to attention is SO necessary
It was a bug all along.

Eat crow, Battle.net forums.