Arcade XP penalties?

General Discussion
God, you really just don't know how to make your game FUN do you?

How about this:

Make a mode where people can just join in and out. Yeah, people have lives. Maybe I want to play just for a bit and head out.

I can't even do that on arcade now? Give me a break.
Custom games don't have this, far as I know.
12/03/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Gnome
Custom games don't have this, far as I know.

Don't they have a permanent XP penalty though?
I've been saying for ages the game needs drop in / drop out skirmish mode. It would give players somewhere they could truly goof around, solve half the problems with quick play at a single stroke, and it would require next to no development because the mode already exists in a more limited form. It might mean investing in a few new servers to keep the mode running, but it's not like Blizzard are exactly hurting for cash, largely thanks to us, the Overwatch player base.
Arcade games last like 5 minutes. You aren't committing to a 45 minute game of League of Legends.
12/03/2017 02:05 PMPosted by ȆǾŊ
Arcade games last like 5 minutes. You aren't committing to a 45 minute game of League of Legends.

And they have no real importance or stats so why does it matter if I drop in and out? ESPECIALLY in FFA DM.
Unsurprisingly, people don't like 5v6 fights. Doesn't matter how "important" a mode is. It's not fun being at a disadvantage.

How is this difficult to grasp?

12/04/2017 12:23 PMPosted by SupahJD
ESPECIALLY in FFA DM

Probably because they don't want people to be in a 3 person deathmatch game? Because it wouldn't be very healthy if a ton of people left as soon as they weren't in the top 4?
12/04/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Xoxin
Unsurprisingly, people don't like 5v6 fights. Doesn't matter how "important" a mode is. It's not fun being at a disadvantage.

How is this difficult to grasp?

12/04/2017 12:23 PMPosted by SupahJD
ESPECIALLY in FFA DM

Probably because they don't want people to be in a 3 person deathmatch game? Because it wouldn't be very healthy if a ton of people left as soon as they weren't in the top 4?

Gaming is in a very sad state. It's a game. If you can't handle a loss, no matter what the reason is, make some real accomplishments.

We all have jobs. We have friends. We have things to do. The fact I can't even get onto arcade now without being warned about finishing a round is ridiculous.