I genuinely don't care about the overwatch league

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
I honestly couldn't care less if the league does well or not. Actually as someone who doesn't watch overwatch esports anymore I think the game itself would be in a better state had the time, money, manpower, and all the other resources that went into the league were instead put into the game. So much has been spent on getting this gamble up and running and the game has clearly suffered from it.

Bugs that shouldn't have made it past PTR patches have gone months unfixed, the past two events have been lackluster skin wise, and the lore development has been slower than ever. I used to wonder where the effort was going considering that the last two events have been recycled and hardly improved and have consisted of 1/3 less skins, but its clear that Blizzard is more focused on starting their potential money maker. They'd rather charge us up the [removed] for these generic league skins for these teams no one has any allegiance to instead of improving the game at a faster pace.

I used to enjoy overwatch esports but then they cut us off for over a year and the hype just died down. Does anyone even care about OWL?

Edited for language - Forum Moderator
You can look over to the subreddits and see for yourself.
Or they're just trying to focus down the toxicity levels in the game before they get TOO much more out of hand. You know, like Papa Jeff said in his "Play nice, play fair" video released in September. Anyways, in unrelated complaints, could console see a patch on widow so we can quick scope too, not just PC gamers? Thanks.
Wow what a brave gamer
I feel you, OP. OWL was a mistake, but at least its failure will be a good thing, it'll make investors and other game companies think twice before forcing eSports upon a game that's not even 2 years old. Should've let it grow organically.
Your Title:_______________

My response: So...
The halloween event had luckluster skins? I don't think so.
Downvoted because you're a liar.

If you couldn't care less than you wouldn't write a 3 paragraph post about it. Clearly you are able to care less, and if that's how you feel I suggest you do.

As for me I am looking forward to OWL :)
Not many people do lol.

I feel bad for these people on "Pro Teams" who are sitting at someones home as a "training facility" practicing for what may or may not be a multi million dollar league which still has shown no sign of actually working or not.

Blizzard has to make Overwatch fun first to watch.
12/04/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Quest
Downvoted because you're a liar.

If you couldn't care less than you wouldn't write a 3 paragraph post about it. Clearly you are able to care less, and if that's how you feel I suggest you do.

As for me I am looking forward to OWL :)

LOL!
The majority doesn't care about esports tbh. Even the majority of gamers. I think Blizzard just saw how much money can be in it from watching league sell out stadiums and crap that they wanted to get in too.

The game is good, but it has suffered from rampant bugs for every character which is really odd if you want to have an esport... I mean a match could be lost b/c of a bug and how will that look from the outside? Terrible is how. They aren't focused on things like that though, they're building event centers and getting teams and marketing, and funding it with buy ins and making things for events ppl will buy lootboxes for. Basically, someone wants all their money back after spending millions on Titan or wtv their MMO successor was going to be for WoW I guess.
I'm glad the OWL is doing as well as it is. It is fun to watch and I will personally being putting a few dollars into the new team skins to ensure it's here to annoy you for many years to come OP.
OWL is actually looking more and more promising, OWC already garnered 300k++ views and OWL is going to be even bigger for sure.
Well, I never cared for any e-sport, and OWL is no exception.
12/04/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Kyaw

I just did... and wow, so much for the competitive OW subreddit. I remember it being about getting better but now its all OWL, all the time.
I stopped watching blizzard ESports with Warcraft arena...

It was sad to see these people cheering and saying someone had skill because they could stand near a corner and go in and out of los while casting abilities..

Much like Overwatch game tips saying increase your skill by jumping around and moving around like an idiot to be better than the person trying to aim to hit you...

And then flaming heros that can kill you no matter how idiotic your random movements are....

Lol, GG
I agree with you completely, I'd love to have seen the focus on the game itself and making improvements. Especially making it more fun to play instead of more fun to watch. Though I will say the Moira release has been very good for the game in that regard.

I am however very excited for the OWL, not so much because I want to watch the teams, but because of how they are handling it and how it could potentially reshape the world of esports as a whole. They are treating it like a legitimate sport which is really cool, just like an NFL or MLB team.

The face a lot of hurtles though. The biggest ones I see are getting on TV and actual viewers. And probably most importantly toxicity. The players on the teams have been almost as toxic as the regular players and they need to start treating being on the team like an actual job. These people have the potential to become famous and be real role models, if they aren't able to straighten up, they should not be playing.
12/04/2017 07:02 PMPosted by skyranger14
12/04/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Kyaw

I just did... and wow, so much for the competitive OW subreddit. I remember it being about getting better but now its all OWL, all the time.

The OWL is the peak of competitive overwatch play, of course the competitige subreddit will talk about it like it's the second coming and the beginning of human space colonization combined.
12/04/2017 07:05 PMPosted by PunkyB
I stopped watching blizzard ESports with Warcraft arena...

It was sad to see these people cheering and saying someone had skill because they could stand near a corner and go in and out of los while casting abilities..

Much like Overwatch game tips saying increase your skill by jumping around and moving around like an idiot to be better than the person trying to aim to hit you...

And then flaming heros that can kill you no matter how idiotic your random movements are....

Lol, GG

Ya and if you say the game should have momentum like every other FPS, so ADAD spamming doesn't look so stupid and make hitting people doing it almost pure chance expect half the forum to downvote you. What "skill" which a 3 year old could do is there in mashing ADAD when someone is shooting at you?