Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 24 Next
a post being logic about how the responsible (not that much) person on the game and the forums really are and how they treat community ? enjoy the deleted thread :/

on another note, it's good to keep these things up, so we can finally have a reaction and make them admit they NEED to do something. otherelse their game will just crash. and i'll be there to see it.
12/11/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Chess
Just a fyi, the rules for the forums do not permit discussion on locked topics

Don't post about locked or deleted threads.
Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

If you have questions or concerns:

Submit a Support Ticket

While the rules are relatively unreasonable, they are also the rules and I would not be surprised to see any post in violation of them disappear.

So that's why streamers can discuss their bans and suspensions on the forums and have their threads uncapped, keeping the discussions going?

While the rando no-face (99% of the community) get shut down and have no voice?

RIP rando
12/11/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Mugi
So is anything happening to the toxic GMs who are abusing their position to uphold bans against players that have never done anything wrong?

"I understand you were banned for playing Symmetra and Torb, and that's justified. Play Soldier:76 and Roadhog instead. I'm not helping you."

How can a GM say something like this without consequences?

Because they work for Blizzard, and Blizzard clearly endorses toxicity. The evidence is everywhere at this point. It's sad but true.

They can keep letting "the community" (meaning a small handful of toxic players) ban anyone they feel like, and pretend they can't get involved because it's "community driven". Maybe that's fun for them to watch.

But they might realize too late that Overwatch isn't the only game that exists, and most people would prefer to play a game where they don't get banned for normal gameplay.

If I pay $60 to Blizzard to play their game, I expect them to not take it away from me just because someone told them to. That is their responsibility to uphold. Blizzard needs to stop blaming the community for their own failures.

This whole situation is extremely unprofessional.

I keep seeing people accuse Blizzard of endorsing toxicity. I seriously doubt that's company policy, so stop saying it is.

However, it's quite clear that Blizzard need to do some plumbing in it's moderation department, as clearly there are many people in that section that are either incompetent or flat out don't care, which gives the entire company a bad rep.
Screenshotted before this is taken down.

Seriously though, what on earth? I've tried to keep my mouth shut for safety's sake despite some other shady moves that have been made recently (removing a thread a girl made to discuss why she's being constantly sexually harassed in games despite it not breaking any community guidelines; moving two similar threads from general to the less-trafficked competitive forums without explanation, despite the fact that they are specifically trying to address the entire community, not just competitive; etc.)

But this is seriously too much. Why on earth was this taken down? This is relevant. This is something I'd like to know about. This raises a legitimate concern about something Blizzard has direct control over, and that directly affects the playerbase that frequents these forums. Why was it deleted?

If there is a good reason for this, some word from the mods would be massively appreciated. This is extremely discouraging to me as someone who wants to participate meaningfully with Blizzard's community.
12/11/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Ranger51
removing a thread a girl made to discuss why she's being constantly sexually harassed in games despite it not breaking any community guidelines;

blizzard has done this since the conception of the forums. they never respond-- always 404. I've seen one response and it was locking the thread-- after I tweeted them about the thread.
12/11/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Pisces
12/11/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Ranger51
removing a thread a girl made to discuss why she's being constantly sexually harassed in games despite it not breaking any community guidelines;

blizzard has done this since the conception of the forums. they never respond-- always 404. I've seen one response and it was locking the thread-- after I tweeted them about the thread.

http://www.overstalk.io

They do respond, just to things that aren't serious in nature. (Sexual Harassment, Being banned for playing a hero they coded into the game, etc.)
12/11/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Kharyx
So that's why streamers can discuss their bans and suspensions on the forums and have their threads uncapped, keeping the discussions going?

RIP rando

I'm not stating that the rules are in any way fair or that the enforcement of them is in any way shape or form reasonable.

I just stated what the rules were.
12/11/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Chess
12/11/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Kharyx

RIP rando

I'm not stating that the rules are in any way fair or that the enforcement of them is in any way shape or form reasonable.

I just stated what the rules were.

Well?

If Internet "famous" people can do it, then so can I, so can OP and so can you without being punished for it.

They may as well take that rule out.
I've paid something to the tune of $150 on the game + lootboxes. I have so much in-game gold now I don't need to buy anything, but I feel pretty disgusted I gave people my money that they're using to encourage harassment and bullying against people.

We gave you money to play this game. Banning us from it (yes, you are the one handing out the bans) mentioned in the OP is simply dishonest and disingenuous.

It's such a good game and it's fun to play which is the only reason I want it to change or else I would have been out ages ago. Please stop the toxicity, or at the very least, enabling it.
[ deleted / duplicate post ]
[ deleted / duplicate post ]
It's a long way down, Overwatch. But if this is the state of the game, you're almost there.
Blizzard's forum moderation in general seems... off.

I got a suspension a few days ago and had to ticket it. Got told "woops, didn't mean to" and got the suspension removed.

It's like there's a room full of idiots with no supervision just doing whatever they feel like.

Edit: forums are buggy atm across the board - posts randomly not showing up, having to refresh 10x to get it updated, then next refresh breaks it again.
12/11/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Mugi
Because they work for Blizzard, and Blizzard clearly endorses toxicity. The evidence is everywhere at this point. It's sad but true.

They can keep letting "the community" (meaning a small handful of toxic players) ban anyone they feel like, and pretend they can't get involved because it's "community driven". Maybe that's fun for them to watch.

But they might realize too late that Overwatch isn't the only game that exists, and most people would prefer to play a game where they don't get banned for normal gameplay.

If I pay $60 to Blizzard to play their game, I expect them to not take it away from me just because someone told them to. That is their responsibility to uphold. Blizzard needs to stop blaming the community for their own failures.

This whole situation is extremely unprofessional.

I keep seeing people accuse Blizzard of endorsing toxicity. I seriously doubt that's company policy, so stop saying it is.

However, it's quite clear that Blizzard need to do some plumbing in it's moderation department, as clearly there are many people in that section that are either incompetent or flat out don't care, which gives the entire company a bad rep.

I mean when your game managers (actual employees) come out and say "yes your were banned for playing x hero, and yes it is against our policy to ban people for playing x hero. You were wrongly banned. But too bad, play soldier" that's a pretty open endorsement of toxicity. Not to mention looking at chat logs and ignoring the teammates telling them to get cancer and die. If that isn't open endorsement of toxicity then I don't know what is...
I just hope to not hear another time that the toxicity of the community takes away game developing time.
they deleted some post in this topic. strange, isn't?

Edit : ho, for once, it's me xD the browser bugged!!
The first rule of overwatch forums is don't talk about overwatch.
Hi all,

I would encourage you to read this post for insight on the subject of "one tricking" and reporting.

I have edited the original post to align this thread with the Battle.net Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines. Please remember that creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM) is against our rules. Users that refrain from following these rules risk account suspension and thread deletion.

We encourage you to post your feedback! However, please make sure it is constructive and conforms to the guidelines of this forum.

Thank you all.