Here's the actual problem Mercy mains have with Mercy 2.0

General Discussion
12/06/2017 06:54 AMPosted by BotaBing
That's really not it, not at all.

The problem is that you can't resurrect someone without getting killed almost every single time.

It's incredibly frustrating and makes a lot of people feel like the one defining charracteristic of Mercy was rendered an almost guaranteed death sentence.

I feel like the new Resurrection is honestly fair, it just doesn't feel good when you play her.

I feel like people over-react when they say it's almost a guaranteed death sentence to rez someone, it actually creates a bit of strategy to figure out if i should risk rezing someone or not.

It doesn't feel good as an ability right now but i don't think people can deny that it does create more strategy for her.
12/05/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Titanium
12/05/2017 10:45 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
So basically her Rez isn't a complete game-changer, practically instantly capturing a point when you get a 5x man resurrection?

And that's a bad thing that it was changed?
I find this argument funny, being that my first five-man ever as Mercy was completely negated within the following ten seconds because the enemy team had two more ultimates left.

You know who captured the objective? The enemy.

Myself I've had a total of three 5x-rezzes, and this is what happened after the rez in each case:

1. Probably saved the game as the enemy burned all their ults on my team despite me standing very close to them but a little to the back. We still almost got wiped again, and were saved mostly by my heals and a very lucky Junkrat trap that happened to catch the enemy D.VA as she was flying in to contest.
2. We were so pushed back they were all basically killed just outside spawn - I knew they had Graviton so I stayed back where it was safe to heal. Rezzed and we managed to overwhelm them and finally ended the spawncamp.
3. Again, almost pushed back to spawn, and again I predicted a Graviton. The rez didn't really do much though as in this case our team just wasn't good enough to use the momentum and we lost horribly.

No 1 was a true game-changer, no 2 was helpful but a similar result could have been achieved with an offensive ult, and no 3 made no difference whatsoever. In none of these particular cases my ult was countered by another ult, but that was mostly because they burned out the ones they had available before. I don't know how many times I've rezzed 3-4 people only to hear "It's hiiiiigh noon" or "Ryūjin no ken wo kūrae!" immediately after...
12/05/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Ranger51
The most ironic thing is, the entire reason the devs reworked her was because DPS found it "unfun" to play against her. But now that it's coming from us, suddenly "unfun" is no longer a valid argument.

It's a double standard.

the ironic thing is that you all assume it was only DPS players who felt that way. you choose to forget the mercy mains that vocalized not liking the play style before the change.
by being so incredibly toxic to everyone who disagree's with you here, you have created an echo chamber, and now feel like you all speak for every mercy player.
you dont care whats good for the game, you dont care about balance, you dont care about anything other than you want 5 man rez back.
12/06/2017 06:50 AMPosted by Scolines
12/06/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Estranhow
So, the only fun you had with Mercy 1.0 was when you ulted?

If Mercy at launch never had Resurrection and only had Valkyrie (without the rezzes) I honestly feel like she wouldn't be as popular as she is.
I personally still play her because I enjoy healing on her in terms of her focused healing as well as her being able to flit around, healing her entire team. But 1.0 Mercy had an ult that was incredibly rewarding and added a whold other level of depth to her gameplay. The thought involved and planning regarding her old ult and its usage was a whole heck of a lot more than how she is now. That is why she is so much less fun to play. And that part has already been explained in this thread extensively.
Ok, Mercy isn't as fun to play anymore.

How do you propose she be made more "fun" without making her overpowered/overpicked again?

We cannot have insta-cast rez again. The ability had no counterplay, hence the cast time was added (yes, I agree it's too long).

I also agree that all heroes should be fun to play.

It has to be balanced. Mercy should be fun to play as and against.

Can we have a discussion on how to do that?
12/06/2017 08:12 AMPosted by Wraithdagger
Ok, Mercy isn't as fun to play anymore.

How do you propose she be made more "fun" without making her overpowered/overpicked again?

We cannot have insta-cast rez again. The ability had no counterplay, hence the cast time was added (yes, I agree it's too long).

I also agree that all heroes should be fun to play.

It has to be balanced. Mercy should be fun to play as and against.

Can we have a discussion on how to do that?
There are megathreads filled with suggestions.