Mercy nerfed again ptr

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 5 6 7
12/02/2017 02:48 AMPosted by Mercy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because people on here like to complain. It's kind of disheartening because even if you also play mercy a ton, if you disagree with the majority then that's that.

It's actually a very good change and will increase survivability lol
Yeah because looking away from the Rez target then it gets cancelled and you lose your cooldown is a really good change. I can’t wait to have to stare at the soul every time and if I don’t then the Rez fails and I lose my Rez.

It changes the skill floor. The devs are forcing us to think about rez.

However, the cooldown not being reset after looking away was a really !@#$ty move. And in my post you quoted, at the time I didn't know that was a change. Please read dates before you jump at me.

They should have kept the cancel/cooldown staying there thing. That would have been much better. But the original 'nerf' was actually good.
To the people saying this is a buff or whatever, that assumes the original slow / cast-timer change was good or legitimate in the first place. It wasn't.

To everyone else who is arguing about the quality of this new PTR change, you are just giving legitimacy to the cast / slow-timer in the first place. I.e., you are giving it your blessing and tacit acceptance of it.

The slow / cast-timer has made the ability more tactical at the expense of fun. You have a high-mobility hero who has to stop dead in her tracks to use part of her kit. It makes her playing her a terrible experience.

I've said it before (see recent post history). I don't care if you need to remove rez, or do whatever it is you need to do to achieve balance and "fix" Mercy, but please don't do it at the expense of her mobile gameplay. It isn't fun to play her right now and making tweaks to the slow / cast-timer is multiplying by zero.

That said, I seriously doubt they will go the extra mile. It is easier just to keep putting bandaid fixes in.

And now you have an even worse problem: Mercy is still the best healer in the game, even with the molasses rez, but the experience playing her is bad. Not having a Mercy, or facing a Mercy without one of your own, is a distinct disadvantage. That is it is OWN problem -- but fixing it should not decimate the character in the process.

I don't know how anyone else played Mercy, but I played in the thick of it -- zipping in and out of combat to keep the team alive. Now we are required to be more "tactical" (i.e., fall asleep at the keyboard) while you just wait around for ideal rez conditions. A good Mercy will still not give you a target, because she won't friggin' rez if it will kill her.

It changes nothing except making Mercy worse to play. If the argument is that it reduces the overall # of rezzes per game, there are a hundred better ways to acheive that end.

If the argument is that it makes her an easier taret, I would argue -- no -- it doesn't, as she won't use her rez if it will kill her. She might slip up here and there but the net effect is neglible.

If I dive for the old instant rez and get killed, what's the difference? The difference is now Mercy will just play way more passive, which is what I thought they were trying to change in the first place.

This does NOTHING to address any of the grievances with rez, or Mercy as the top dog healer, except artificially discourage people from playing her because she is unfun. Then we can point at the pick #s and say: "Look, it worked, there is more variety!"

Anyway, that's it. That's my opinion.
Basically make her unbearable to play for a good majority so her pick rate goes down and it can be claimed as a success.

Meanwhile, the more Mercy players that stay away leaves a hole for unwilling flex players to fill the roll who aren't that great at her. They get flamed for poor play due to the punishing res cast slow then more toxicity and more complaining and more "successful fixes" are needed. Until it comes to the drastic need to remove res. And THAT is where the games overall dynamic will show... everyone whether they admit or not will miss when, "Heroes never die!"
Hey folks, I believe this is a bug that was fixed after the PTR build for Friday was created. We'll look to update the PTR on Monday with these fixes.
Good to know. ^_^
12/02/2017 09:45 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks, I believe this is a bug that was fixed after the PTR build for Friday was created. We'll look to update the PTR on Monday with these fixes.
Thanks for the clarification
Thank you so much for the response!
Houndreds of WoT busted by a blue post. Lel.

Thanks.... a lot. Thanks, we were crazy with this bug XD
You are going to F tings up, the mercy for the beginning was way to good but she in her self was more balanced, lowering the starting mercy to maybe a rez top of 3 and lower the healing slightly. instead you go F things up. poor choice blizzard

// Grevfen

Thanks Bill.
Did you see the part where people mentioned the revert? Can we ever get any acknowledgement that the dev team has heard it?
01/16/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Shirokurou

Thanks Bill.
Did you see the part where people mentioned the revert? Can we ever get any acknowledgement that the dev team has heard it?
did you notice this was necrobumped from six weeks ago?
01/16/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Alanar
did you notice this was necrobumped from six weeks ago?
I'm all against bumping old threads, but it's been a long time since PTR came out and no blue posts addressing it, I kinda understand the desperation of some people.
For a second, I thought a developer actually addressed the issue.

Got me good there.