The state of Moira skins is cheap and low effort

General Discussion
They're all terrible. Not in the sense that they have zero appeal or because they're poorly designed overall, they're just not on par at any given rarity level with the default (I'm ignoring event skins because she's new) choices of most of the roster. Look at Rein, Zenyatta, Genji, Ana, Soldier 76, McCree, etc. A lot of their legendary skins which make references (like McCree's Dick Tracy skin) add something visually unique to the character like a hat. In the case of Reinhardt or Zenyatta there's not only a clear visual shift but also additional particle effects that weren't there before. By comparison, Moira gets to impersonate Kiss or David Bowie with few changes her overall aesthetic when contrasted against the previously mentioned McCree skin for example.
Psst.... Winter Event is in like 3 weeks, she'll probably be getting more stuff then like how Sombra did.

And since when did we ever get the best skins for a hero with their initial launch? Just wait for the events like everyone else. I'm fine using her golden guns with the Minister skin for now.
But that's just like, your opinion, man.

I personally like Pale
Opinions are just like * everyone has them, and often full of excrement.
11/26/2017 07:25 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
They're all terrible. Not in the sense that they have zero appeal or because they're poorly designed overall, they're just not on par at any given rarity level with the default (I'm ignoring event skins because she's new) choices of most of the roster. Look at Rein, Zenyatta, Genji, Ana, Soldier 76, McCree, etc. A lot of their legendary skins which make references (like McCree's Dick Tracy skin) add something visually unique to the character like a hat. In the case of Reinhardt or Zenyatta there's not only a clear visual shift but also additional particle effects that weren't there before. By comparison, Moira gets to impersonate Kiss or David Bowie with few changes her overall aesthetic when contrasted against the previously mentioned McCree skin for example.

Why are people so needy. "A new free hero with a butt load of cosmetics that are also freely rewarded for me just playing the game!? You're a peace of !@#$ blizzard because I don't like them."
11/26/2017 07:36 PMPosted by ApotheScary

That's my point! If you completely ignore personal taste and focus on the aesthetic differences (based on amount of new costume object models vs. modified models, and additional particle effects) Moira's skins are cheap and terrible for the rarity levels they occupy when compared to other characters' skins. This is exactly why I was as particular in how I phrased things as I was, the issue isn't that her skins looks bad. It's that they're a terrible value for what they are and how much of a difference they make in her appearance.
I kind of agree with OP, her skins are ok but currently I find her default to be the best one (which is a bit lame because I want to rock a rare or legendary with a hero I love to play so much)

Hopefully she'll get some cool stuff in the future.
i 100% agree, all the skins are rather sameish, i would love to see a bit more of a drastic design change. also i would say pharah and (to an extent) lucio are in a similar boat
11/26/2017 07:41 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
11/26/2017 07:36 PMPosted by ApotheScary

That's my point! If you completely ignore personal taste and focus on the aesthetic differences (based on amount of new costume object models vs. modified models, and additional particle effects) Moira's skins are cheap and terrible for the rarity levels they occupy when compared to other characters' skins. This is exactly why I was as particular in how I phrased things as I was, the issue isn't that her skins looks bad. It's that they're a terrible value for what they are and how much of a difference they make in her appearance.

As I stated, your opinion. Not mine.

Next time, try using a colostomy bag to hold your opinions.
i like them
add something visually unique to the character like a hat.

McCree always has a hat.

In the case of Reinhardt or Zenyatta there's not only a clear visual shift but also additional particle effects that weren't there before.

Same for at least 2 of her 4 skins.
I use the Pale one
add something visually unique to the character like a hat.

McCree always has a hat.

I should have been more clear, a different hat. I've been trying not to get too wordy. As far as introducing a totally new item, there's fewer examples from the core roster but Witch Mercy comes to mind as an example and the young Genji and Hanzo skins are also worth noting as far as things that change a character's silhouette to a certain extent. Ghost Reinhardt is probably the highest 'value' skin in the sense that it adds a striking and constant particle effect while not beinga legendary skin.
The Oasis/Minister skins feel terribly samey compared to the default ones. Personally I want to like the Bowie skins but they kind of clutter the motif she's got going on. She's an evil sorceress--er, scientist, not that that matters because her abilities feel more magical (and her voice lines have a bit of that as well)--loaded down with anime references and also glam rock? It feels like the devs couldn't pick one thing to do with her.

But, yeah, it is all cosmetic, and caring this much about cosmetics when there are a lot of fundamental gameplay elements still busted is perhaps a case of misdirected priorities.

Not really, the weapons are visually unique. Her moon skin/oasis/minister skins have particle effects on the hand, and both Glam and Moon have rings added that turn gold with the comp weapon. Those are pretty unique effects for generic legendaries. I think it's fine. We can roast blizzard once we see event skins that aren't up to par.
i would LOVE her bowie skins but she wears a dumb glove and it covers her super cool veiny looking evil hand.

dont get me started on her orher legendary, i hate her minister skin, she looks like a !@#$in eggplant.

i just rock her default
11/26/2017 07:57 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
I should have been more clear, a different hat.

It's still a hat.

I wouldn't mock Moira's skins and then point out a slightly different hat as being an example of a good change.

Also, you might want to not include Witch Mercy and Coldhardt - since those are event skins :)
11/26/2017 08:07 PMPosted by Balderich
11/26/2017 07:57 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
I should have been more clear, a different hat.

It's still a hat.

I wouldn't mock Moira's skins and then point out a slightly different hat as being an example of a good change.

Also, you might want to not include Witch Mercy and Coldhardt - since those are event skins :)

Your last bit about Coldheart etc. is on point, this is why I acknowledged that there's fewer examples in the core roster (since I'm not in game atm and didn't want to do a google image search just to double check something for examples I could look into when i get home). As far as the hat, it's still a new art asset that had to be drafted. Moira's legendaries get most of their visual oomph from the face paint which is just a modified default model so, from a development standpoint, they were low effort. Tossing some KISS paint on Moira's face or altering a base model for her armor to have an open front and then working upwards to make a David Bowie outfit is still lower cost than generating entirely new art assets.
I dislike all her skins other than standard, but I wouldn't say they're cheap. Personally, I'd love for her to get the Blackwatch outfit or the lab coat from the origin trailer.
11/26/2017 08:32 PMPosted by MrCynical
I dislike all her skins other than standard, but I wouldn't say they're cheap. Personally, I'd love for her to get the Blackwatch outfit or the lab coat from the origin trailer.

Both of these would have been fantastic and an improvement over her current skins.