LGBTQ+ representation?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
I always think of Lucio as a gay. He probably is.
I want middle eastern representation too, specifically Iranian or afghani. A bit of disabled representation would be great. I need some vegan representation too. Not sure if hog is vegan or not but if he is, we need more. Can I also get a conservative representation in this game as well? It seems a lot of SJWs and leftists play this game and I need some conservative representation. Could I also get trans-racial representation for those that feel they're born into the wrong race? What about A-sexual representation in this game? Add in a bit of pan sexual representation too because those are clearly priorities that must be taken into account.
Okay, I'm not rlly gonna get too involved with this, but I'm just gonna throw my opinion out there.
I'm bisexual. And I want to be treated like a human for once.
I'm tired of people acting like gay and bi people are special, just because we like someone of the same sex. who cares? really, who gives a flying nugget?
you can excuse this with, "well we're not normalized yet!" or "we're being oppressed!" or "we need more representation!" but it just doesn't make sense.
really, guys, im a Christian. I grew up in the Bible Belt. There were literally only a few homophobes, and then everyone else didnt even care. Everybody makes it out to be we're these oppressed individuals, but we're just not. We're normalized and the more you advocate for stuff like this, the more we are seen as NOT normal.
Get over yourselves, please. cry more.
I'd rather see the devs spend their efforts on things relevant to the gameplay
11/27/2017 07:03 AMPosted by ŊickeliǙs
Oh god, who cares?

Stop trying to put a label on everything and enjoy the game.

I know it may suprise you, but people (such as myself) enjoy the game much more than it just being A Game. Any good game has a good story, and so far The Story in Overwatch is rather amazing in my eyes. One of the reasons I have been so interested in the beginning. That, and just all of the possibilities that the Lord team have, it’s endless. It’s remarkable.
LGBT individuals deserve equal rights obviously. However they make up less than 5% of the population iirc. Game's mascot is already a lesbian. If half of the cast is gay it would actually be over representation.
11/27/2017 07:07 AMPosted by torbmain

There’s different teams for lore and game production.
11/27/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Nimzy
I want middle eastern representation too, specifically Iranian or afghani. A bit of disabled representation would be great. I need some vegan representation too. Not sure if hog is vegan or not but if he is, we need more. Can I also get a conservative representation in this game as well? It seems a lot of SJWs and leftists play this game and I need some conservative representation. Could I also get trans-racial representation for those that feel they're born into the wrong race? What about A-sexual representation in this game? Add in a bit of pan sexual representation too because those are clearly priorities that must be taken into account.

I thought you were serious for a second, but then you mentioned conservatives. lol, ily <3
11/27/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Ninniq

NO! STAHP! DVA AND LUCIOO ARE A THING
11/27/2017 06:59 AMPosted by Amethysthaze
In my mind, Hanzo is gay for McCree.

However, you just opened a can of worms. I think it’s unnecessary to be honest. Unless it’s apart of the lore, it really Not a big deal. It makes things way to controversial here in the forums, so have fun with the hell that will be released XD

Luckily Hanzo and Genji are almost 100% certainly straight.
Making an asian, especially japanese character gay would be a really bad business move.
Asians are not very acceptable when it comes to gayness.
11/27/2017 07:07 AMPosted by Mercy
11/27/2017 07:03 AMPosted by ŊickeliǙs
Oh god, who cares?

Stop trying to put a label on everything and enjoy the game.

I know it may suprise you, but people (such as myself) enjoy the game much more than it just being A Game. Any good game has a good story, and so far The Story in Overwatch is rather amazing in my eyes. One of the reasons I have been so interested in the beginning. That, and just all of the possibilities that the Lord team have, it’s endless. It’s remarkable.

Story =/= Sexuality.

World of Warcraft have amazingly rich lore, but you don't see Kil'Jaeden having the hots for Archimonde. It doesn't impact the game at all.
11/27/2017 07:10 AMPosted by VenteNegra
11/27/2017 06:59 AMPosted by Amethysthaze
In my mind, Hanzo is gay for McCree.

However, you just opened a can of worms. I think it’s unnecessary to be honest. Unless it’s apart of the lore, it really Not a big deal. It makes things way to controversial here in the forums, so have fun with the hell that will be released XD

Luckily Hanzo and Genji are almost 100% certainly straight.
Making an asian, especially japanese character gay would be a really bad business move.
Asians are not very acceptable when it comes to gayness.

But..but...McHanzo
11/27/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Amethysthaze
11/27/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Ninniq

I AGREE. THEY'RE THE COOTEST COUPLE.
11/27/2017 07:11 AMPosted by CinnamonBon
11/27/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Amethysthaze

I AGREE. THEY'RE THE COOTEST COUPLE.

Fangirls
11/27/2017 07:03 AMPosted by HANA
How does that makes the game better for you if there are?

I actually have a really well thought-out psychological theory on this. Pretty sure I've legit figured it out.

But I can't discuss it because I'll be called a homophobe / burned at the stake / banned ... even though it's actually not anti-LGBT at all, and is more on how the human brain works.

But, you know, society and the PC culture.
11/27/2017 07:09 AMPosted by CinnamonBon
11/27/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Nimzy

I thought you were serious for a second, but then you mentioned conservatives. lol, ily <3

WAIT WAIT WAIT. i like how you added in "disabled representation" LMAO imagine if Blizzard make a character where the person was handicapped.
IT'S A SUPPORT HERO.
YOU THROW WHEELS AT YOUR ENEMIES AND SPRAY YOUR TEAMMATES WITH MORPHINE. XDDDD
Rather see Subtitle options for deaf players.
A well rounded and better functioning Color blind modes.
Sadly, they get downvoted into oblivion, 404, and forgotten history to "certain heroes must share my personal identity" some how holds higher moral and merit above real world medical conditions.
11/27/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Mercy
11/27/2017 07:07 AMPosted by torbmain

There’s different teams for lore and game production.

Then I'd rather see them put their efforts on the actual storyline.
And a torb short animation
11/27/2017 06:56 AMPosted by MASTEROFNONE
I would like more gayness, lesbianness, biness, transness, and queerness, though. Is that too much to ask? I hope not

I want Winston to be gay so that my headcanon can have a Blizzard stamp of approval.