Why is lucio garbage all of a sudden

General Discussion
I usually play mercy but when someone chooses her I get excited because I also love playing Lucio.

However everytime I am told Zen or another dps would be better? Why? Because that's what the meta report says? I find myself getting blamed for failed team pushes constantly as Lucio. I can outheal mercy consistently and speed boost at all the right moments. Even when I explain my top heals I'm told discord is better. Is it? Because I can call out my discords and my team doesn't do a thing about it. I really bugs me that a hero who has been unchanged since his meta run is now useless because the current meta. I know I'm more effective as Lucio than Zen but some rager says different and the whole team agrees.
Anyone else having the same experience?
It's because really bad DPS one-tricks have become so prevalent you're better off playing Zenyatta, who does more consistent damage than Lucio and can make up for one slacking DPS between that and Discord orb. Plus, Transcendence is much better at countering ults like Tac Visor and Death Blossom.
Because killing Mercy is more important than ever, so Discord Orb on her is invaluable.
He is still usable.
No. Most are just looking to up their elims.

Playing any support hero, you are criticized. Even if you play Mercy. Most mock and tease.

Adopt what Hanzo and Widow players do. Ignore em and do what you need to do to gain a ‘W’.

Most now, don’t group up. Lucio’s kit is more noticeable when grouped up, or any healing hero for that matter. I might respond by switching if my tanks request it, but not DPS players. God forbid you ask them to switch.
1. Lucio Needs his Aura to be slighter larger.

2. His healing ramped up a slight bit.
If they have a problem with a character that's gone basically unchanged since he was top dog (except for the ult charge nerf), that's on them. You're the healer, heal the way you know you can best. If they're such better healers than you, let them do the job.
11/16/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Needles
I usually play mercy but when someone chooses her I get excited because I also love playing Lucio.

However everytime I am told Zen or another dps would be better? Why? Because that's what the meta report says? I find myself getting blamed for failed team pushes constantly as Lucio. I can outheal mercy consistently and speed boost at all the right moments. Even when I explain my top heals I'm told discord is better. Is it? Because I can call out my discords and my team doesn't do a thing about it. I really bugs me that a hero who has been unchanged since his meta run is now useless because the current meta. I know I'm more effective as Lucio than Zen but some rager says different and the whole team agrees.
Anyone else having the same experience?

sounds like your playing with some really bad teammates if they say that.

lucio is still good.
They're metabums! Lucios winrate is still 50% , tell them to shove it

------------------------------------------

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
11/16/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Blam320
It's because really bad DPS one-tricks have become so prevalent you're better off playing Zenyatta,

You can't say that ! poor dps one-tricks are just victims of the bullying you evil flex players exude on them !

- OW forum 2K17
both lucio and zenyatta are good second healers, and together they're great too.

if you wanna play lucio, play him to your heart's content man. if someone wants a zenyatta that badly tell them they can go zenyatta.
What??? Lucio>Zenyatta in most comps, and they are almost equal.

------------------------------------------

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
the ult nerf hurt lucio a ton, like he has to use his ult in the middle of the fight so everyone. Ours cc or just kill em. But with zen he gets an invulv when he ults so he can't be cc out of it. Like look at grav someone see lucio a gonna ult throw a flash over the shield
It doesn't really make that much of a difference, but Lucio is best for positioning and for those cases where you have clear engage/disengage tactics. He generally doesn't work that well outside of groups or higher tier play where players know how to coordinate with him.

At the highest level of play though, the usual tactic for Lucio is to get a pick, then rush the team for a 5v6 while the enemy is still scrambling to regroup and you can clean up for an easy team kill. The Mercy rework makes it so that Lucio is less effective for this sort of speed rush tactic.

The problem is with Mercy. Fights go on a lot longer now because of the Mercy rezz, and unless your team can get a pick on the Mercy, Lucio's ability to engage and disengage just doesn't help you win or swing fights the same way anymore. Even if you get 2 kills in quick succession and force the enemy Mercy to rezz, the enemy still has more time to regroup and make a better defense than before.

Zenyatta is preferred now because he increases team damage, which allows you to either kill the Mercy faster, or kill the enemy team faster than Mercy can rezz them. It also means Mercy gains less ult charge from healing her allies, which means she has her ult less often.
Discord orb is better than speed boost most of the time. Transcendence is also better than Lucio's ult.
I personally think it's a tie between Zen and Lucio. Too bad playing Ana will get me yelled at and !@#$ on, even though sometimes when I play as Ana I will have a gold in healing and a gold in eliminations sometimes too.
Becous they saw it on the world cup i play zen and lucio maining off supports in my team.

And i use them both lucio more even.
Lucio just pairs better with ana and she is gone but you still have many reasons to play lucio and even in the world cup you saw him a good amount.

Just becous of meta reasons he isn't super tripple s must pick anymore doesn't mean he is bad.
11/16/2017 09:57 AMPosted by DVS
1. Lucio Needs his Aura to be slighter larger.

2. His healing ramped up a slight bit.

also the speed boost
Lucio is fine. Sounds like you just had some bad luck. I haven't seen anyone whining about Lucio.
Just because you get some whiners on your team saying a hero is bad doesn't really make it so, and it doesn't represent the entire community. I've been playing Lucio just fine and I don't see why anyone would have problems with him.
coming from a lucio main lucio is not the healer that people want because "his healing is too low" "We don't need speed boost" or "I speed boost when a d.va ults when a team mate on my team dies because of me"