Eliminate Mystery heroes and replace it with 4v4

General Discussion
I get frustrated by MH a lot, but it's the ONLY PvP mode I engage in Overwatch. Has been for almost a year now.

It's still competitive and there is still salt when one side or the other loses, especially if the loss is due to the other team having 2 D.Vas and 2 Mercys, but overall it's not bad.

MH removes the one thing that is THE MAIN contributing factor to the game having a more toxic, fractured playerbase by the day: team composition.

The random factor also lessens the salt by providing excuses for the losing team: if you lose a MH game, it's because you got dealt a bad team comp. On the other hand, if you win -- even if it's due to having an OP comp -- well, you won, yay!

All that said, MH is THE most popular Arcade mode for months now, so it's unlikely to go away.
Mystery héros is my favorite overwatch mode of all time. shhhhhhh
Capture the flag is my favorite mode with mystery heroes being my second favorite. At least when it’s not rolling absurdly bad compositions for my team and absurdly good ones for the enemy team.
I've been using Mystery Heroes as a way to practice other characters, and it's been helping me a lot. The only thing I don't like is how it frequently repeats heroes. In one match I got Hanzo, then Doomfist, then Hanzo, then Doomfist. That was really annoying.
11/17/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Confined4
I think it's time we get rid of the worst Arcade game. Mystery heroes is a terrible game mode that no one likes anymore. The queue times are long and it's no longer fun. I believe the best solution is that overwatch should replace mystery heroes with 4v4 Arcade. This game mode was more popular than mystery heroes. Overall, overwatch should replace mystery heroes asap with 4v4 Arcade.

Nice mini essay but you have no evidence to support your claims making your argument weak. Where is the data that shows 4v4 was more popular? That no one likes it? That queue times are long? Those last two are subjective opinions. I was just playing the other night and queue popped in under 30 seconds. Short to me, but if you think that's too long that's your opinion. I for one, enjoy it and clearly enough other people do that you aren't needing to wait for these 'long' queues.

It's mystery heroes. If you are gonna complain about getting stacked against 5 tanks and a healer, don't play it because that's always a possibility.
Mystery Heroes is a lot of fun but it needs a bit of tweaking.

A fine example of my time in Mystery Heroes was when my team had 2 Anas, 2 Widows, and 2 DPS, and their team has 2 tanks and 2 Mercy's. That kind of garbo does sap the fun out of the game mode.
I like Mystery heroes and it's great way for players to find new heroes to pick up. I agree with others that reducing the randomness a little could help though, sometimes the comps are neigh unbeatable.
I find myself playing mystery heroes quite a bit. Nobody yelling at someone for playing off meta. No worrying about 2-2-2. It's truly the most "arcade" you can get. It's a fun gimmick. If you truly hate it then just don't play it.
I love Mystery heroes. It is pretty much the only non event arcade mode I play. Your statement is now debunked... NEXT!
I like mystery heroes, I just wish it was more balanced.
Simple fix:
1. No more than 2 duplicate heroes per team.
2. No hero repeats until you have played through every hero.
3. Role balancing to ensure at least one tank and one healer per round.
Mystery heroes is by far the best arcademode. I hope theyll never remove it.
Dumb teamcomps are annoying sometimes but other then in no limits you can change it,kill a key-character once and hes gone.
I also like how ults are worth much more,if you play smart and dont risk too much you kinda get rewarded with getting your ult.
I think i play it more then any other gamemode including comp...
11/17/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Gilthas
I think it's time we get rid of the worst Arcade game. Mystery heroes is a terrible game mode that no one likes anymore. The queue times are long and it's no longer fun. I believe the best solution is that overwatch should replace mystery heroes with 4v4 Arcade. This game mode was more popular than mystery heroes. Overall, overwatch should replace mystery heroes asap with 4v4 Arcade.

Nice mini essay but you have no evidence to support your claims making your argument weak. Where is the data that shows 4v4 was more popular? That no one likes it? That queue times are long? Those last two are subjective opinions. I was just playing the other night and queue popped in under 30 seconds. Short to me, but if you think that's too long that's your opinion. I for one, enjoy it and clearly enough other people do that you aren't needing to wait for these 'long' queues.

It's mystery heroes. If you are gonna complain about getting stacked against 5 tanks and a healer, don't play it because that's always a possibility.
I'm not writing an essay.

Be honest Confined4 are you just mad that you get the healers (and not a meta hero) and can no longer jump off the map to get a new hero?
Mystery heroes is a terrible game mode that no one likes anymore.

It's the mode I play 95% of the time I play the game. If you don't like it, don't play it.

I'd be fine with changes to limit duplicate heroes, but if it were taken out completely, I for one would be extremely pissed.
11/17/2017 02:03 PMPosted by ArimisThorn
Mystery heroes is a terrible game mode that no one likes anymore.

It's the mode I play 95% of the time I play the game. If you don't like it, don't play it.

I'd be fine with changes to limit duplicate heroes, but if it were taken out completely, I for one would be extremely pissed.
I want Jeff to take this game mode out. 4v4 needs to be restored.
Mystery Heroes is my favourite arcade game mode and the only one I regularly play. I doubt I'd touch the arcade much at all if it wasn't there.
11/17/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Confined4
11/17/2017 02:03 PMPosted by ArimisThorn

I want Jeff to take this game mode out. 4v4 needs to be restored.

Got it. I don't. So we cancel each other out.

How about just, "Jeff please add in a 4v4 mode".

I personally detest Deathmatch mode, but I just choose not to play it rather than call for it's removal.
11/17/2017 01:58 PMPosted by ExVirgo

Be honest Confined4 are you just mad that you get the healers (and not a meta hero) and can no longer jump off the map to get a new hero?
To be honest, this game mode has long queues and is not fun.
11/17/2017 02:14 PMPosted by ArimisThorn
11/17/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Confined4
... I want Jeff to take this game mode out. 4v4 needs to be restored.

I personally detest Deathmatch mode, but I just choose not to play it rather than call for it's removal.

Death match is fun its just that people like you are not good it at it. And instead play a game mode that has long queues and is terribly unbalanced.
11/17/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Confined4
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Death match is fun its just that people like you are not good it at it. And instead play a game mode that has long queues and is terribly unbalanced.

So are going to speak to why you can't just NOT PLAY IT?

Edited: Removed inappropriate context - Forum Mod