no more separate chat system!

Competitive Discussion
I say this because comp is meant to have communication it is really annoying when you run into a triple stack and they refuse to come into game chat and they all insta lock dps and refuse to change all while not communicating with the team even if you send them messages and ask nicely that they join team chat i think the two individual chat systems with in the game was one of the worst ideas. I get not all people have mics to play with but when a 3 or 4 stack arent coming into chat for reasons such as
"we dont want to hear kids talk so we dont join chat"
thats wrong. something so stupid can cost the entier match
i think its time to see the group chat function get removed and have everyone in one chat.
Agree. Group chat should switch automatically to team chat when you join a match. You can always mute individual annoyances.
I would like to point out that if communication is such a mandate when you enter competitive play, I strongly encourage grouping up into full teams with your friends. Unfortunately, they have addressed that they only want to encourage but not force players to join team comms as stated in an older developer update video. Which is why they have the quick access "Join Team Chat" button in the hero selection screen:

https://youtu.be/mxlhFslsbu0?t=5m50s
12/06/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Mitsuha
i think its time to see the group chat function get removed and have everyone in one chat.

Then I'm going to mute the in game voice chat and use discord to talk with my friends. I don't want to talk to you, so I'll find ways to not have to.
12/06/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Pharah

Then I'm going to mute the in game voice chat and use discord to talk with my friends. I don't want to talk to you, so I'll find ways to not have to.

then you shouldnt be playing comp sorry
12/06/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Mitsuha

Like I need to have conversations about how to push q when an ally zarya uses graviton surge.
Interesting theory, only stack players don't use chat... Huh.

Here's how it works: team chat is not mandatory and you can't enforce it on other players no matter how hard you cry. So you either have to deal with that, or YOU can go to quickplay.

Is this an ideal system? Nope. But at the end of the day, the only way for a lot of players to truly enjoy themselves with this game is to block out the !@#$ed up community in it. They've found their peace with this game and if you don't like it, YOU can leave. They're not going to listen to the same tired 'go back to quickplay' nonsense you people keep throwing at them. It's time for you pack up and go.

Alternatively, aim your frustration at the REAL issue, which is this game and its developers. Get them to fix this %^-*hole game because thats a far more realistic approach than antagonizing players who aren't playing how you want them to.
12/06/2017 12:25 PMPosted by AzureFlash

Here's how it works: team chat is not mandatory and you can't enforce it on other players no matter how hard you cry. So you either have to deal with that, or YOU can go to quickplay.

Is this an ideal system? Nope. But at the end of the day, the only way for a lot of players to truly enjoy themselves with this game is to block out the !@#$ed up community in it. They've found their peace with this game and if you don't like it, YOU can leave. They're not going to listen to the same tired 'go back to quickplay' nonsense you people keep throwing at them. It's time for you pack up and go.

Alternatively, aim your frustration at the REAL issue, which is this game and its developers. Get them to fix this %^-*hole game because thats a far more realistic approach than antagonizing players who aren't playing how you want them to.

i dont want to antagonize anyone all i want to do is call out when someone is attacking me (as a healer) and have my team be able to hear and help me
12/06/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Mandeville
Interesting theory, only stack players don't use chat... Huh.

no solo q people dont use game chat to but im talking about large stacks of people who do have mics but either forget to come into chat or people who just refuse because they think they are going to have to talk to children.... its way harder to play when 4 people on the team are talking to each other and me as a healer and a random tank are the only people talking in game chat especially when i try making a call out like im getting attacked and need help and no one can her me
I say this because comp is meant to have communication it is really annoying when you run into a triple stack and they refuse to come into game chat and they all insta lock dps and refuse to change all while not communicating with the team even if you send them messages and ask nicely that they join team chat i think the two individual chat systems with in the game was one of the worst ideas. I get not all people have mics to play with but when a 3 or 4 stack arent coming into chat for reasons such as
"we dont want to hear kids talk so we dont join chat"
thats wrong. something so stupid can cost the entier match

But group chat is the only time I'm ever in any chat.