Doomfist: The Worst Hero

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Doomfist was going to be my main after Roadhog was nerfed. I need a hug
doomfist is dead. they killed him.
11/18/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Fsouza87
Is he really that bad? I mean, he can kill someone with a single punch. Thats pretty powerful to me

If he gets extremely lucky, he can kill someone and die afterwards.
Doomfist has a lot of issues.

He got 2 ability he can engage and combo with effectively and then he usually die because he's got a HUGE hitbox and low HP and no mobility after he engages. HIs punch is really long to charge and is bugged as hell. I fully punched a moira 2m into a wall in a game and she received 0 damage at all. I go through people all the time. I get CC all the time because I have to get in people's face and I'm so easy to hit.

When I can make him work, I can do wonders, but when half his kit starts bugging, I'm just a big target who's purpose is to feed.
11/18/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Fsouza87
Is he really that bad? I mean, he can kill someone with a single punch. Thats pretty powerful to me

Once you learn how to dodge the incredible telegraphed attack, you can kill him 1 to 1 with many heroes including Lucio and Mercy.

The only character he can really annoy is Reinhardt, because he can just punch through the shield, puts you out of possition and essentially the rest of the team in danger.

But besides that he simply doesn't have much use... and Sombra is such a hard counter it is not even funny.
11/18/2017 01:28 PMPosted by RaizPodre
Doomfist is basically a suicide punch or full defensive mode with crap KDA.

The last time I checked, Doomfist had the third worst kill/death ratio in the game. He's just above Ana and Mercy.
Doomfist is the WORST!
Every time I get him in random....UGH!
11/18/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Companion

The last time I checked, Doomfist had the third worst kill/death ratio in the game. He's just above Ana and Mercy.

I mean his kit doesn't allow but multiple elimination like some other dps, sure you can meteor strike but most times you'l get 1 person while soldier,mcree and genji and wipe entire teams by shoothing people from afar and ulting
I forgot to mention he got no compensation after his nerf.
11/18/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Companion

The fact that he's down their with healers as a dps character just proves how sht he is
Well based on the Blizzcon interview Your OW did they plan to fix the bugs plaguing him first before any buffs to his kit. So yah, its going to be a LONG while before he becomes a viable pick. I mean not suprising considering it took them about 9 months to adress Bastion only for them to kill him 2 days after going live.

If you ask me, his biggest weakness is how vulnarable he is after his abilitys are spent. I would personally love the sombra treatment buff where his Uppercut and Slam recieve cool down buffs. Maybe 4 seconds like the punch? Or maybe one more shot added to his gun or a faster recharge rate on those shots.

Nothing will matter unless enough people cry enough about doomfist. Too bad he isnt attractive like dva.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
The fact that he's down their with healers as a dps character just proves how sht he is

I saw those stats weeks ago, I just checked and Doomfist is still down there.
Here are the lowest kill death ratios from overbuff:
Lucio: 1.8
Doomfist: 1.7
Ana: 1.3
Mercy: 0.2
Poor Genji and Tracer had a counter. Apparently this isn't allowed.
I thought he was fine before his punch got nerfed. Its thanks to forum cry babies that hes in a spot like this,
11/18/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Companion
... The fact that he's down their with healers as a dps character just proves how sht he is

I saw those stats weeks ago, I just checked and Doomfist is still down there.
Here are the lowest kill death ratios from overbuff:
Lucio: 1.8
Doomfist: 1.7
Ana: 1.3
Mercy: 0.2

Thats because when he goes in, he's going to take someone with him, and then die.

The whole shield thing he has needs a revisit.
It's bad man. They literally put the character on the shelf.
I dont thi he ist he worst but by god he is close to it
Maybe, just maybe, when they gutted Hog into to being boring and not fun, they should of stuck with the whole "One shotting people is bad design" thing

11/18/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Sombrasucks
I thought he was fine before his punch got nerfed. Its thanks to forum cry babies that hes in a spot like this,

God forbid things actually do what they represent in this game. Too many things have were giant shortcuts
In fact, you know what I swapped off him today because he is so freaking wide, I was literally going 250 - 0 INSTANTLY with all the Phara/Junk/Stray Bullet spam.

I would engage, DIE, and think 'wtf even killed me' and it wasnt even clear on the video.

He just SOAKS damage. He needs more shields from his abilities, and they need to stick around longer.
THATS NOT THE WORST THING ABOUT DOOMFIST.
The worst thing is that it really feels like the developers save people from him. Like if someones gonna get punched off a cliff.....full power guaranteed they will get stop just before they fall off. As well, many times if you hit someone at an angle, they'll slide off the wall and not take that damage. I think doomfist is extremely powerful but weak because the developers dont want him to do what he was made to do.