Paladins vs. Lawsuit

General Discussion
Question why hasn't Blizzard sued Hi-rez for their "creation" of Paladins a complete rip off of Overwatch. First off why did would two games come out so close to each other. Second Hi-rez only changed it enough so its classified as a separate title . And finally I've played Paladins and know from experience that they add a character that is op to piss everyone off and then only start nerfing them after they've been played too much .
Highly Rated
Why hasn't TF2 sued Blizzard for their Creation of Overwatch? Side note, Paladins isn't a Ripoff, and has way better balancing than OW
because paladins was influenced by overwatch, not a sheer rip off
You know paladins came out before overwaoverwatch ch and sombra is a copy of Skye. Hint sombra came out after Skye.
It wouldn't go well.
11/27/2017 06:50 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
way better balancing than OW
That's debatable but I agree that it's not really a rip-off.
First, welcome to the forums.
Second, Paladins and Overwatch started development around the same time. Neither ripped each other off.
Third, what for? What could they sue them for?
11/27/2017 06:51 AMPosted by DeadKnight
You know paladins came out before overwaoverwatch ch and sombra is a copy of Skye. Hint sombra came out after Skye.
It wouldn't go well.

well..sombra is better tho
A lot of Paladins Champions are directly influenced from Hi-Rez's earlier games in 2010 (I think that was the release date, may have been earlier). A sniper using a grapple hook is one example...
So if anything... Overwatch was influenced by Hi-Rez, if even a bit. I don't see any similarities between the two games.
Non Issue
11/27/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Sporech
11/27/2017 06:50 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
way better balancing than OW
That's debatable but I agree that it's not really a rip-off.
Not really. Doomfist is awful, Ana was Trash, Mercy was OP, Bastion was trash, then OP, then trash again, Mei is trash, Torb is trash, and sym is trash. Paladins all champs are viable.
They aren't similar enough for such thing to happen.
If they have copied assets, that woudl have been a different story.
11/27/2017 06:53 AMPosted by SunsetHippo
11/27/2017 06:51 AMPosted by DeadKnight
It wouldn't go well.

Disagree, Skye was just used in Paladins tournament and did really well. Sombra is a niche pick at best
11/27/2017 06:55 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
11/27/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Sporech
...That's debatable but I agree that it's not really a rip-off.
Not really. Doomfist is awful, Ana was Trash, Mercy was OP, Bastion was trash, then OP, then trash again, Mei is trash, Torb is trash, and sym is trash. Paladins all champs are viable.

terminus is op, seris is best healer, and if you don't have either a lex or androxus you may be in trouble
11/27/2017 06:57 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
11/27/2017 06:53 AMPosted by SunsetHippo
Disagree, Skye was just used in Paladins tournament and did really well. Sombra is a niche pick at best

i mean't character wise..because at least sombra isn't try to get into people's pants..only their bank accounts
11/27/2017 06:51 AMPosted by SunsetHippo

i dunno....the very beginning of the game, the tutorial, in itself is incredibly similar to Overwatch's. besides the payload thing, they pretty much copied them right there.
besides that i can agree, i think the game was much more inspired rather than copied. you have some heroes in Paladins who hold characteristics of 3 heroes in Overwatch, or more. i don't think that's a copy, i think that's "inspiration." (quoting that, because i don't think there's a word that could hit between inspired and copied.)
11/27/2017 06:49 AMPosted by purpleturtle
Question why hasn't Blizzard sued Hi-rez for their "creation" of Paladins a complete rip off of Overwatch. First off why did would two games come out so close to each other. Second Hi-rez only changed it enough so its classified as a separate title . And finally I've played Paladins and know from experience that they add a character that is op to piss everyone off and then only start nerfing them after they've been played too much .
Pretty sure Paladins was in creation before overCrotch
11/27/2017 06:58 AMPosted by CinnamonBon
11/27/2017 06:51 AMPosted by SunsetHippo

i dunno....the very beginning of the game, the tutorial, in itself is incredibly similar to Overwatch's. besides the payload thing, they pretty much copied them right there.
besides that i can agree, i think the game was much more inspired rather than copied. you have some heroes in Paladins who hold characteristics of 3 heroes in Overwatch, or more.

again, benefits to being in beta forever, they can change things, and if you mean victor..he is an oscar mike ripoff
11/27/2017 06:57 AMPosted by SunsetHippo
11/27/2017 06:55 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
... Not really. Doomfist is awful, Ana was Trash, Mercy was OP, Bastion was trash, then OP, then trash again, Mei is trash, Torb is trash, and sym is trash. Paladins all champs are viable.

terminus is op, seris is best healer, and if you don't have either a lex or androxus you may be in trouble
Series is the best healer? In GM mainly its Maldamba or Jenos, Terminus is strong, maybe slightly OP, and Andro/Lex I don't see often in GM games
11/27/2017 07:00 AMPosted by Mirrorkat
11/27/2017 06:57 AMPosted by SunsetHippo
Series is the best healer? In GM mainly its Maldamba or Jenos, Terminus is strong, maybe slightly OP, and Andro/Lex I don't see often in GM games

hm, okay you got me there, mostly because i was talking about casual matches
11/27/2017 06:49 AMPosted by purpleturtle
And finally I've played Paladins and know from experience that they add a character that is op to piss everyone off and then only start nerfing them after they've been played too much .

Bull. You haven't played for long enough then. Also they never nerf people into obscurity and just leave them there...even Maeve rose from where she was.

I'm not replying to your entire post...literally everyone has said why you're wrong. This part bugs me though. Not every character is OP upon release. Characters like Willow only needed an indicator to properly alert people to the seedlings which could instantly burst people down if they happened to be on top of them.

Characters like Talus and even Terminus were also not very strong upon release! (I still think Talus is weak...)

Unless they're a tank a New character doesn't really heavily influence anything. Jenos, Maeve, Seris are the only ones that come to mind when it came to competitive play. All of which were added to categories that arguably needed a bit more variety in the competitive scene. Flankers were outpaced by Androxus and Evie and Healers were outpaced by Ying and Mal'Damba.