One Tricking and How the Report System is Abused

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next

if you make stevoo play soldier. you may as well ask him to throw. because i know he is not iddqd, kephrii, mando, sinnatra or calvin. stevoo is stevoo, he is good at symmatra. ask other top 500 to play symmetra. see if they can stay on top 500.

gg

Kephrii actually started playing symmetra not long time ago and he dropped freakin 500 SR!!!!! He didnt get any ban for throwing

Meanwhile stevo climbs with throwers and his ban is "well deserved"
Stevo reached top 50 EU. I don't understand how you're banned when you do that.
12/03/2017 01:26 AMPosted by Dagmeyr
They should just remove the report system entirely, it benefits toxic players the most.

Sure, and while you are at it, add again the "avoid player" just for your team, that would be heaven on earth.
The day they took that feature off and started playing again with trolls and OTP's my winrates went to hell lol.
12/03/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Dagmeyr
Stevo reached top 50 EU. I don't understand how you're banned when you do that.

because everybody and their mother reported him for beeing uncooperative by not switching from symetra.

Don't blame the player blame the design choices of the devs.
12/02/2017 12:28 AMPosted by Shetani
I just found this from this guy Chipsa reporting Stevoo who is on the other team.
This is bullying people and it reminds me of school where i would stand up for the guy that get bullied.
I will never stop standing up for anyone getting bullied.
Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7ghk64/chipsa_abusing_the_report_feature_on_stream/

This Chipsa person should get banned himself just like xQc did.
And they should change the report system so that you can only report a player once every 24 hour or something similar to that. Or get a warning yourself for over reporting a person.

As someone who has been severely bullied from pre-school all the way to highschool, let me give you one piece of advice. Don't talk about sh*t you know nothing off.
Chipsa should be banned like Xqc since there is video evidence like Xqc.
I think that XQC will be the only case we'll ever see of people getting banned for abusing the report system, unfortunally, and only because he is a pro so Blizz needed to set the example, there are loads and loads of evidence against other people and yet Blizz has completelly ignored it.
12/03/2017 02:22 AMPosted by Nox
Kephrii actually started playing symmetra not long time ago and he dropped freakin 500 SR!!!!!

Meanwhile:

"Symmetra takes zero skill." - Average dps one-trick
In my short time here on these forums I’ve noticed that people get bent out of shape over the smallest things.

It’s blizzards fault for catering to man children that spend every hour qqing here over everything that’s not their fault, when in reality it’s their lack of skill in game.

I solo on Xbox and I constantly play to win. I change Heros based on what the team needs at that time ( except healing, I’m bad at that ) and more often then not it leads to a win.

I think a chill pill is in order for some people here. Literally everything is a major issue and when there is no issue people create issues over nothing.
12/01/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Chubz
He just tried to show you how !@#$ing annoying is it to play with someone like you by picking the exact same pick you're playing in EVERYGAME no matter the situation, and don't try to be a martyr by whining about people reporting you and that people that are reporting you make the game unfun, literally everyone in high elo that see your nickname (maybe few exceptions who knows) are literally sighing just by seeing you on the lobby because you know it's gonna be a %^-*game that doesn't make sense, but atleast it's make sense doing that for you, you get a !@#$ton of viewers by being a meme and a martyr
This sounds like a personal problem. Lots of us don't get upset enough to falsely report people (i.e. break the rules of the game) just because we don't get our way. If people playing a videogame for fun in a different way than you like bothers you *this* much, consider 6 stacking instead of breaking the rules.
this is obviously a serious problem that needs priority. People are being unjustifiably getting kicked out of the game they paid for.
12/01/2017 09:43 AMPosted by TGFWilliam
I sympathize with people who main those heroes, but really if you like sym just be conscious of what comps she fits into. If the other support is a mercy or Moira? That's a ton of healing so you should be fine. If it's a Zenyatta? Maybe Zenyatta solo heals aren't enough and you should be ready to swap -quickly- if things don't go well.

You're missing the point. I am conscious of what comps she fits into. The problem is I get reported straight off the bat when I choose her on hero selection even though I know very well which comp she could easily aid her team.
12/01/2017 09:58 AMPosted by PostBaloney
Read blizzards own in game definition of what poor teamwork and griefing (both of which I get reported for) are and tell me why am I banned again?
Speaking of reading, why don't you read my post again and then ask me if I thought you deserved to be banned? I criticized your defensive argument. Nothing more.
12/01/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Nitrixr
It's pretty simple, actually: being counter-picked does not mean you are actually being countered yet until the counter-picker actually does something.
lol you're not looking at this from a logic perspective. If there's an enemy that Sym can barely damage, then she's only putting input against 5 of the enemy instead of 6. That's called being countered.

There are obvious scenarios.
12/01/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Charmed
Why does it always come down to the Sym to switch instead of other people switching to help their teammate?
This logic is !@#$ing asinine. Having more hitscan to deal with an imposing enemy Pharah is better than having less. Using a Mccree and a Soldier is more effective than using one and a Sym. Who else is there to switch? Not having two tanks and two supports is pretty dumb anyway. All you have left is two DPS.

I'm not talking about ambiguous situations. I'm saying clear cut scenarios where you're being countered. It happens more often than you think. Don't hide behind this "well who knows" crap.
12/03/2017 06:11 PMPosted by Tailand
12/01/2017 09:58 AMPosted by PostBaloney
Read blizzards own in game definition of what poor teamwork and griefing (both of which I get reported for) are and tell me why am I banned again?
Speaking of reading, why don't you read my post again and then ask me if I thought you deserved to be banned? I criticized your defensive argument. Nothing more.
12/01/2017 10:01 AMPosted by Nitrixr
It's pretty simple, actually: being counter-picked does not mean you are actually being countered yet until the counter-picker actually does something.
lol you're not looking at this from a logic perspective. If there's an enemy that Sym can barely damage, then she's only putting input against 5 of the enemy instead of 6. That's called being countered.

There are obvious scenarios.
12/01/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Charmed
Why does it always come down to the Sym to switch instead of other people switching to help their teammate?
This logic is !@#$ing asinine. Having more hitscan to deal with an imposing enemy Pharah is better than having less. Using a Mccree and a Soldier is more effective than using one and a Sym. Who else is there to switch? Not having two tanks and two supports is pretty dumb anyway. All you have left is two DPS.

I'm not talking about ambiguous situations. I'm saying clear cut scenarios where you're being countered. It happens more often than you think. Don't hide behind this "well who knows" crap.

This thread is not to argue about one tricks. Its to showcase how the reporting system is abused to target certain individuals and get them suspended while they are not breaking any rules.
12/03/2017 06:19 PMPosted by PostBaloney
This thread is not to argue about one tricks. Its to showcase how the reporting system is abused to target certain individuals and get them suspended while they are not breaking any rules.
You should have focused on that completely instead of trying to make yourself out like people were completely invalid in their annoyance with your behavior. That's what I singled out in my reply. You defending yourself.

You shouldn't have been banned, but if you're going to one trick, then own it.
12/03/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Tailand
12/03/2017 06:19 PMPosted by PostBaloney
You should have focused on that completely instead of trying to make yourself out like people were completely invalid in their annoyance with your behavior. That's what I singled out in my reply. You defending yourself.

You shouldn't have been banned, but if you're going to one trick, then own it.

Picking a hero is not bad behavior. Bad behavior is when your teammates rag on you all game for picking a hero.
12/03/2017 06:36 PMPosted by PostBaloney
Picking a hero is not bad behavior. Bad behavior is when your teammates rag on you all game for picking a hero.
I'm not saying it is. Toxic behavior is when people take their discontentment too far. People shouldn't be false reporting you or ragging on your hero picks.

Is a person asking you politely to switch or yelling at you angrily to switch any different in their knowledge of team compositions/strategies of winning? Nope. One is just better composed or more empathetic. I'm saying that the logic behind their opinion (and not their emotion) still has value.
12/03/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Bambi
12/01/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Chubz
He just tried to show you how !@#$ing annoying is it to play with someone like you by picking the exact same pick you're playing in EVERYGAME no matter the situation, and don't try to be a martyr by whining about people reporting you and that people that are reporting you make the game unfun, literally everyone in high elo that see your nickname (maybe few exceptions who knows) are literally sighing just by seeing you on the lobby because you know it's gonna be a %^-*game that doesn't make sense, but atleast it's make sense doing that for you, you get a !@#$ton of viewers by being a meme and a martyr
This sounds like a personal problem. Lots of us don't get upset enough to falsely report people (i.e. break the rules of the game) just because we don't get our way. If people playing a videogame for fun in a different way than you like bothers you *this* much, consider 6 stacking instead of breaking the rules.

you do know 5 of the six other people are saying this right?
I want to ask you something: if you played any other hero, would you still keep your top 500 spot?

Answer: no

That's why you got banned :)
12/03/2017 08:41 PMPosted by poisenbery
I want to ask you something: if you played any other hero, would you still keep your top 500 spot?

Answer: no

That's why you got banned :)

So you're saying he got banned because he doesn't deserve to be in top 500?

Would you prefer that a top-500 sym one-trick drop 2000 SR to fight you every match and defeat you 99% of the time?

Your logic escapes me.