A thank you to the Overwatch team

General Discussion
I've considered wether the forums is the right place for this or if I even dare post it to begin with but I've come to the conclusion that it's important to express my gratitude towards the Overwatch team.

A couple of days ago, I noticed the in-game memorial for INTERNETHULK in the Eichenwalde spawn room. I didn't connect it to Dennis Hawelka at the time. I was perplexed and asked if any of my teammates could figure out what it meant. I knew it had to have some special significance. It wasn't there until recently or maybe I just failed to notice it before since I'm usually to busy with smashing all the cups, bottles and chairs I can find.

A day later one of my friends got back to our group and explained it's meaning. There were quite a few dewy-eyes and quivering lips among us. This made us all very emotional. It is a beautiful way of honoring the memory of INTERNETHULK and how much he did for the game and the Pro scene.

Pondering over how life can be short and that we should treasure the time we get, it also got me thinking about how much things had changed for me since I started playing Overwatch. If you're past 30, it can sadly be quite difficult to make new friends. Especially if you're like me, having mental health issues and therefor have trouble opening up to people. But here I am. I've made a bunch of friends from playing Overwatch and some of them are even located in my hometown.

We meet up quite regularly for lunch or a beer, talking about how we can improve our teamwork, our favourite streamers and pro players. During the Overwatch World Cup playoffs, we got together to watch the games and cheer for our Swedish team. We reflected on what a peculiar thing it was, with us meeting up to watch a video game tournament just like if it had been the FIFA World Cup. It's safe to say that we wouldn't have known each other if it weren't for Overwatch.

I'm quite certain that a lot of players in the community have similar experiences. But personally, not only have the game managed to bring me some new friends. It has made me reduce the habit of closing myself off from people in general. I've been trying for years to find a way out of this and Overwatch has obviously been a huge part in the progress I've made so far. It opened the necessary doors.

The game was also incredibly important during a difficult period when my father was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He thankfully had a successful treatment through surgery and is still in my life. But since I already was struggling with major depression before he got the cancer diagnosis, I can't imagine how I would have coped without the support of my newfound friends or the bubble of escapism that Overwatch provided.

So to the Overwatch team, I can't thank you guys enough. I'm so grateful for all the positive changes your game has made in my life. How dedicated you are to improving it and how much you care about the community. Overwatch is so very dear to me. Because of it I don't feel like I'm alone anymore.

Thank you.