Amazing OW player and a girl

General Discussion
If anyone are interested in watching someone who's amazing at the game and happens to be a girl then check out Geguri's stream. It's in Korean but her tracking skills are pretty lit, even more so considering that she's a wrist aimer.

Link to stream
https://www.twitch.tv/frog135

Edit
Changed the title because apparently it triggers people and made them think the person is amazing for being a girl - something that the first sentence of the OP should clear up if people actually bothered to read it.
Cool, I'm a wrist aimer as well.

Makes it so I'll probably always be bad with Widow/McCree though.
I never understood "wrist aim" versus "arm aim", My sensitivity is really high so I BELIEVE I'm a wrist aimer, but I really don't see the difference there

EDIT: Downvoted for asking a question? Stay classy Overwatch Forums.
I don't see how her being a girl makes her amazing? I mean, she's probably a nice individual once you get to know her but I don't get how her simply being a girl is amazing?
12/08/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Kryptsm
I never understood "wrist aim" versus "arm aim", My sensitivity is really high so I BELIEVE I'm a wrist aimer, but I really don't see the difference there

Wrist aimers primarily use the movement of their wrist so they generally have high sensitivity.

Arm aimers use the full range of their arm movement and have low sensitivity.

High sensitivity is usually hard to be precise on as it's easy to overshoot because the slightest movement can get you off track. Geguri is known to have amazing tracking and her Zarya, she was accused of aim botting by pro Korean players for it.
12/08/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Warthog2554
I don't see how her being a girl makes her amazing?

That's not what I said either.
12/08/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Kryptsm

Chances are if you don't know which type of aimer you are then its wrist aiming, arm aiming is a very conscious effort that occurs typically when you lower enough the sensitivity so much to the point you need to move your whole arm and the mouse both a considerable distance to be able to hit things, arm aiming requires a large mouse pad too, so you would def know about it
I don't see how her being a girl makes her amazing? I mean, she's probably a nice individual once you get to know her but I don't get how her simply being a girl is amazing?

It's not amazing that she's a girl.

She is amazing at OW and that's unusual.

Online video gaming has been male dominated since day 1 of gaming online back in the 1990's, and gaming in general before that as well. More and more women are playing, so more and more are showing up in the top ranks, which is awesome!
Damn, I wish I could get free publicity for my gender.
12/08/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Avian

Why someone disliked this, I don't know. But I liked it to make it even for you :)

But the title of the post literally says(in other words) that being a girl is amazing.
At least it says so in my eyes. but I'm both stupid and blind so take what I say with a grain of salt.

EDIT*, here comes the level 1 social gender warriors.
Does she speak English?
Gender aside, she's an apex level pro offtank. I've learned quite a bit from watching her gameplay.
12/08/2017 11:02 AMPosted by lawless
Does she speak English?

Don't think so. The chat is in Korean too

Geguri was a part of one of Overwatch's very first controversies. As mentioned, it was believed that she was a hacker/aimbotter because her aim and tracking were that good. Her name was cleared by Blizzard Korea in due time though. She was also the first female player to play in Overwatch Apex.

She came under fire due to her 80 percent win rate, which many of her opponents refused to believe a teenage girl was capable of without illegal help. Korean culture for ya. There's a reason why the National D.Va Association is a thing in Korea.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/26/14376436/overwatch-womens-march-dva
12/08/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Eternity

Geguri was a part of one of Overwatch's very first controversies. As mentioned, it was believed that she was a hacker/aimbotter because her aim and tracking were that good. Her name was cleared by Blizzard Korea in due time though. She was also the first female player to play in Overwatch Apex.

She came under fire due to her 80 percent win rate, which many of her opponents refused to believe a teenage girl was capable of without illegal help. Korean culture for ya. There's a reason why the National D.Va Association is a thing in Korea.
That's pretty poor behavior actually, that they believe she cheated because she was/is a teenager. I've met csgo gods that are younger than 15 who are ranked Global Elite(highest attainable rank in the game) that actually are that good to deserve it.

So why people would bash her for an insane winrate when she's clearly insanely good at the game is beyond me but then again. People, the mass people. Are borderline mentally challenged. Quoting Men In black: "The individual is smart but the people are dumb panicky animals and you know it"
12/08/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Avian

Why focus on her gender at all? Why not just say "Come check out this really good OW player."?
12/08/2017 11:16 AMPosted by Trilly
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why focus on her gender at all? Why not just say "Come check out this really good OW player."?

Why does it bother you?
Any confusion that the title may have caused should be cleared by the first sentence of the OP.
The reason why I posted it because there generally speaking aren't that many high end female players and none in OWL. There are people who want to watch a someone who's amazing at the game and also is a girl.

What I am taking away with this is that a lot of people seem to dislike and reply simply based on the title alone without reading the OP, despite it being very short.
12/08/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Eternity

i remember that, the video she did in response to that helped me play Zarya better
Ahh, the omfg must be hacks Zarya girl.