THEY JUST NERFED MOIRA RMB LOCK-ON

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 20 21 22 28 Next
This really needs a Blue/Jeff reply. Moira was basically perfect from launch, but Blizzard had to screw it up.
11/21/2017 07:22 AMPosted by ThePizzaGuy
This really needs a Blue/Jeff reply. Moira was basically perfect from launch, but Blizzard had to screw it up.

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a blue post confirming it’s a bug :/

I really hope it is because I was really looking forward to having another healer option in comp...
11/21/2017 07:29 AMPosted by PotatoCat
11/21/2017 07:22 AMPosted by ThePizzaGuy

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a blue post confirming it’s a bug :/

I really hope it is because I was really looking forward to having another healer option in comp...

Same but I don't believe Blizzard is even in the office yet. If we don't see a response in a few hours then I'll start to worry.
11/21/2017 01:41 AMPosted by Gromidon
Why is 90% of the people on this forum so salty about a nerf that needed to happen.

It's a shooter game... One where you're supposed to aim and not get a long range soft-lock beam as a support.. Despite the soft-lock gone it still is easier to aim with than a tracer or soldier since you can aim for the body and it has a bigger hitbox.

I don't know if anyone has told you this, but I heard Tracers and Soldiers can aim for the body too.

Even Soldier is a better support than Moira on PTR. His biotic field is at least reliable and heals about 200HP to everyone who stand on it. If you're going to have to do flawless tracking to do 50 DPS on Moira, you might as well do that same tracking on soldier to kill enemies outright. He has more range as well.
11/21/2017 05:51 AMPosted by Kraylessa
Way too soon for such a big nerf. Running out of healing charge is already a problem, and since charging up is completely dependent on RMB, this is a HUGE nerf to both damage AND healing.

Completely agree and wanted to share a recent post I made about a possible compromise if they were to go through with this...
(special emphasis on allowing Moira to recharge her healing resource meter with Coalesence).

11/15/2017 02:03 PMPosted by padded
It would be great to use Moira's Coalesence to recharge her healing meter.

Possible changes to ultimate:
    A) If we have to compromise, change the mega beam to only self-heal if you are either:
    1)damaging an enemy
    2)healing an ally

B) allow Moira to refill her healing resource when she deals damage with the beam

C) allow Moira to shift out of her ultimate

D) change the opacity of the ability slightly so you don't blind both you and the enemy.

A simple example on why:
One of the optimal methods to use the ulty currently is to put your allies between you and the enemy to deal damage and heal. Only issue is, if you were low on healing resources going into your ulty, you will come out of it with low resources to heal your team afterwards... And if you were taking advantage of the 30m range, you now have to make up that 10m to get back to right click range to charge the resource.
What do you think the odds are that we get some sort of Blue response to this today?
I always thought Moira was a little too good compare to other heros (that might need a lil'buff) and i'm not really surprised to see her nerfed but... the lock on ???? wtf ? i mean "the needed nerf" i was thinking about was her ult charge rate that make her hard to flank but that's all...
I really hope this is a bug. If not it's a shame because she was probably the most balanced hero recently released and we can't have that now can we? /s
I'm hoping may be it's just a bug. If not please don't let this go through. The character's margin for error was completely fine. It wasn't like symm where all you needed was line of sight. You need to be somewhat accurate. And to any flanker out there if you can't a hero's weaknesses then just get good against that hero or swap. The game is built around swapping right? I'm a D.Va main, but I actually loved playing Moira. I thought about putting her on my list of mains. If this is going through at least up her damage.
At least she was playable for almost one week... well, back too gengu and tracer domination I guess.
Wow this is very disappointing. Moira felt incredibly balanced to me and now they are doomfisting her into irrelevancy. It's insane that they can let junkrat or mercy stay incredibly OP for months but need to doomfist moria in a week.

Whatever man pubg is gonna get vaulting soon so maybe I should switch back.
Please Blizzard, you can't be serious! Don't let these changes go live, Moira is perfectly balanced as she is on the live servers right now! Don't ruin her before we can even see how she does in serious competitive modes!
Is it me or with how she is on PTR and her "lock on" animation she is now a most skill demanding character for aim tracking?
11/21/2017 09:55 AMPosted by Aquascream
Is it me or with how she is on PTR and her "lock on" animation she is now a most skill demanding character for aim tracking?

Absolutely, and this is what so many of the people who don't play Moira don't understand.
11/21/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Kefka
Genji takes a ton of skill to play properly wdym? And those hitboxes are completely fair. The character is already having a rough time this season.

The problem is that support mains only ever see the Genji after he's made it through their team's frontline and starts to wreck them, so they think he's OP. They're not paying attention to all the times he gets shredded by their own DPS and Off-Tank teammates.
Devs? You there? We still need to know if this is intentional or a bug.
So this hero almost made me focus more on playing healer. Granted I'm a D.VA Orisa main and we need more tanks on the ladder but still. Those games where no one heals or we need another healer, this was a viable solution.
She's also hyper fun to play and I'm really good with her, it's sad she's nerfed because a couple of flankers feel threatened they couldn't live at the enemy spawn, which was hyper unfun. Now with 50DPS the expectations due to good tracking standards is 25DPS...it already took 3 secs of solid aiming to kill a tracer now it's going to take 6 secs of God like aim to do the same...

I am very sad. Rest in peace Moira, you did not live long...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759516481?page=3#post-45

Original post.

Moira's beam is not even comparable to Zarya's beam, even if they required same amount of tracking, thanks to the gif which shows this nicely.

https://gfycat.com/ScalyDizzyBluegill

Moira's beam needs to LATCH onto targets before it starts to deal damage in ticks and there is a small delay before damage is actually dealt. If you miss tracking even for one tiny microsecond, the beam disconnects from the target and you will lose ticks of damage and have to basically start all over again, making her dps even worse than the 50dps it should be. This makes it so her own survivability against anything and everything that actually moves is questionable at best, since she RELIES on her self-heal to stay alive. Anything that actually strafes, aka anything above gold, become her biggest nemesis as her beam will break constantly.

Also, flankers become Moira's biggest counters. Genji is still deflecting her balls away and now becomes untrackable and she can no longer get any self heal or even damage done properly due to deflect. It will be nightmarish.

Zarya's beam is a constant source of damage into wherever you are aiming at, so it is a lot more forgiving and provides damage basically near instantly as you track targets. It doesn't have to do a latch and THEN deal damage.

Moira's beam needs longer lockon range due to it's latch on mechanics. Otherwise the character is completely unviable

Also, you guys thought Ana was a difficult healer? Zarya somewhat difficult with bubble management and tracking? Moira with her careful resource management, fade tricks, careful dps/heal juggling and needing better aim than pro players just to deal pitiful damage/heal and sustain herself, while keeping tabs on 11 different people at the same time, would become the retardedly highest skillcap hero this game has ever seen. Forget mechanical skill, you'd have to become a god of multitasking just to play her decently.

Tl;dr Blizzard please do not break Moira.
This is bad no amount of perfect aim will make this nerf worthwhile. She needs to damage to heal and if her lock on is broken she cant damge or heal.

https://youtu.be/0rOn9hn--zk
They're nerfing her based on what data? Quickplay? Thats... a terrible idea.

Hey, atleast Doomfist has company in the cold dusty basement now.