THEY JUST NERFED MOIRA RMB LOCK-ON

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 22 23 24 28 Next
... in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrEYtUvQ_Y
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wanna see my profile ? Here you go.
paradoXX#2906

Let me see it through forum. Battle-tag could be of someone-else ;)

But if that is your account, i bet right. No 1 minute on Moira. Nothing else to add.

If you dont believe me, there is nothing easier then add me through that or click to review all my posts, you can check my BattleTag there. ;)
And you never heard about PTR ? I guess no.

BTW.. Im playing on EU server, that is why you cant go to my profile through my icon.
11/21/2017 01:59 PMPosted by MrMoofin
I think they should revert her back to original state, and then nerf her range, she has 20 Meters of range, I think it should be 12-15 meters

she needs the range...because she needs to stand behind her own tank and still being able to recharge the healing
so she has to stand further away from the enemy than a dps
The beam is well and truly borked now. It has the worst feel to it of any ability in the game, and because there's a delay on the lock on, anyone moving even slightly you can't track without it breaking winds up being a tickle fest. Half the time, even when I have it over another player's model, I can't tell if it's actually doing anything or not.
Im done playing her if this goes live. I finally had a support hero I enjoyed that could be versatile and interesting to play and not just a heal stick that gets a pat on the head at the end of the round like Mercy does.

Every new hero has been nerfed into uselessness and im utterly bored with the launch heroes. This one rounded out my main in every class set up.

If this lock on nerf goes live they better seriously buff her DPS becuase the only thing that compensated for her lackluster DPS compared to just about any other support hero short of Mercy, was the range and the decent soft lock. This will be impossible to use because from what ive seen people have to be practically standing still for you to maintain the lock.

This is pretty typical of Blizzard, they listen to the low skill whiny wannabe pros who are incapable of adapting to new tactics and challenges in their games and they just start screaming for nerfs to everything. That is how blizzard solves everything a giant hammer, they overnerf everything and then have to roll back the changes. Moira was perfectly balanced as she was.

Ill go back to playing Siege, at least that game attempts to balance all the operators and you can be equally effective with any of them if you put in the time to learn them. I prefer a game where skill matters anyway. After this disastrous free weekend filled with nothing but smurfs and hackers OW is pretty low on my "want to play" list. Nerfing Moira a week or two after she is released will just prove that Kaplan and crew listen to the wannabe MLGPRO brats more than the fans.

If you keep listening to the whining minority, how long before what was an FPS game designed for everyone becomes just another twitch game like CoD? Let the new character sit on live for more than a week before you start bashing her into uselessness like Zarya or McCree.
WOW another repeat of doomfist. I'm a Genji main and the past 2 characters to be released were genji counters (well, doomfist WAS) and I haven't minded. It just requires me to put in more effort and strategy to be able to win a fight against them. It also encouraged me to switch if the enemy Genji was unbeatable (I have some weird addiction to only wanting to play Genji). But these nerfs are INSANE. I can't believe that they nerf a balanced characters so much. Doomfist was more balanced than a lot of characters, but they nerfed him instead. Now they do this to Moira... I can't believe it.
11/21/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Captiosus
11/21/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Kraylessa
What do you think the odds are that we get some sort of Blue response to this today?

The odds? Slim to none.

It's Thanksgiving week so it's highly likely that most of Blizzard's major staff has the entire week off and only a skeleton crew is manning the stations. We'd probably only get a reply if there's some kind of game destroying issue this week, such as the entire game being DDoS'd. Even then it would probably just be tweets.

They don't have the entire week off. Thanksgiving isn't that big of a holiday. Most places only get two days.

The real reason they aren't saying anything is because it isn't a bug. If it was, they'd have been able to immediately come out and say, "Whoops, sorry guys! It's not intended." That they haven't yet speaks volumes.
11/20/2017 03:02 PMPosted by JaneM
On PTR it requires almost a pin-point accuracy to damage enemies with Moira's RMB. It is awful, now it is officially the worst weapon in the game. No headshots, pathetic damage, limited range and now also no lock-on.

Blizzard, stop nerfing new heroes until people try them on Competitive. You simply ruin all new heroes, you ruin the fun of the game.
What the point of waiting for 4 month for a new hero if it will be immediately nerfed into unplayable state?

Moira was almost IDEALLY BALANCED HERO! And now you ruin her with no compensations at all.

EDIT:
LIVE Lock-on strength: https://imgur.com/mXOctWd
PTR Lock-on strength: https://imgur.com/St2HfD4

EDIT 2:
I really hope it is a bug, because this change is not in patch notes. We need a response from Devs.

Zarya/soldier have hitscan
you touch a hero with a weapon you hit and do damage

https://abload.de/img/hitbox36mqwa.jpg

Moira's have New middle Bulllseye Hit Scan(joke of the name)

you touch a hero with a weapon nothing happens unless you hit the middle/center

https://abload.de/img/hitbox1xoqdh.jpg

no hit

https://abload.de/img/hitbox2egpr9.jpg

no hit 2
Hello Overwatch team, thank you for an amazing game that I play often!

Please listen to this thread and reverse the aim nerf you put on moira please :)
This is such a bad decision that i can't belive it's intentional
*Sigh* Well... I didn't wanna play support anyways, Blizzard. Fk I'm losing my patience for this game, which is depressing because I had an absolute blast around launch. All good things come to an end eventually though.
It was nice having more than one willing healers in quick play. I hope they know that her high pickrate is from being new rather than being OP. In fact many people said they didn't like using her and said she felt weak.
Hi everyone! We wanted to give you a heads up on what’s happening with the targeting on Moira’s Biotic Grasp.

On the PTR, we made a number of improvements to the mechanism that Moira uses to select a target. Now players can more accurately select a target when multiple targets are in the field of view (which resolves issues like this: https://streamable.com/rosvo), and the new system can better discern which target is closest to the player's reticle when multiple targets are valid.

When we made this change, we did our best to make the everything feel as close to her original system as possible, but since the new mechanism uses a different functionality, it didn’t convert perfectly for a number of heroes. Generally, the larger heroes are a little harder to target, while the smaller heroes are much closer to her original behavior. The training bots also need to be adjusted, as they are by far the worst offender in the new system.

Since it wasn't our intention to do anything but improve Moira's targeting, we’re hoping to test a new configuration on the PTR either late this week or early next. Thank you so much for surfacing the issue for us; these reports are incredibly useful for us when it comes to tracking down bugs.
Highly Rated
11/21/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Tim Ford
Hi everyone! We wanted to give you a heads up on what’s happening with the targeting on Moira’s Biotic Grasp.

On the PTR, we made a number of improvements to the mechanism that Moira uses to select a target. Now players can more accurately select a target when multiple targets are in the field of view (which resolves issues like this: https://streamable.com/rosvo), and the new system can better discern which target is closest to the player's reticle when multiple targets are valid.

When we made this change, we did our best to make the everything feel as close to her original system as possible, but since the new mechanism uses a different functionality, it didn’t convert perfectly for a number of heroes. Generally, the larger heroes are a little harder to target, while the smaller heroes are much closer to her original behavior. The training bots also need to be adjusted, as they are by far the worst offender in the new system.

Since it wasn't our intention to do anything but improve Moira's targeting, we’re hoping to test an new configuration on the PTR either late this week or early next. Thank you so much for surfacing the issue for us; these reports are incredibly useful for us when it comes to tracking down bugs.
Thank you for responding, Tim. Hopefully this mess gets sorted out. Does this new system have anything to do with Symmetra's supposed buffed lock on range?

Since it wasn't our intention to do anything but improve Moira's targeting, we’re hoping to test a new configuration on the PTR either late this week or early next. Thank you so much for surfacing the issue for us; these reports are incredibly useful for us when it comes to tracking down bugs.

I thought you and the rest of the Overwatch Team were preparing for Thanksgiving at first, but thank you so much for clearing this up. I was starting to get stressed, and that's now how anyone would want to be on Thanksgiving break.

I hope to see a fix for this soon. Thank you once again.

Thank you, Blizzard.
Thank god

Hopefully this is fixed a bit more before put live, Thanks for actually answering though, I hated the silence we got is all.

On the PTR, we made a number of improvements to the mechanism that Moira uses to select a target. Now players can more accurately select a target when multiple targets are in the field of view (which resolves issues like this: [url="https://streamable.com/rosvo"]https://streamable.com/rosvo[/url]), and the new system can better discern which target is closest to the player's reticle when multiple targets are valid.

<3