"Hurr Quickplay is furr practice HURR!"

General Discussion
No, Deathmatch is.

Quickplay is for people who want to play a regular match that isn't comp.
Highly Rated
How does one practice as healers or tanks then?
I practice in QP because death match is typically full of reapers for some reason.

And also because QP will show me how to use a hero in actual gameplay.
deathmatch is a big cluster of killsteals. That is not practice.

QP has the same rules as Comp except you can't lose anything (even a loss still gave you time to practice a hero.)
Quick play is pick up basketball. Is a pick up game a fully organized game of basketball with refs, rules, and regulations? No. But you are still playing basketball and if you are playing a pick up game and someone decides that hey this is "practice" and they start jacking up half court shots, not passing the ball, throwing the ball over the backboard, cause "Its just a pick up game" they will get kicked off the court maybe even punched in the face depending what neighborhood you are in. So yeah quick play is not for "practice". It's still overwatch and should be played as such. It's just more casual and less structured.
>Implying deathmatch can substitute for an actual game.
What if I want to practice mercy
Well I think it's for practice and you can't exactly stop me from picking what ever I want.

Must feel odd to be so powerless in a situation.

Focus on your own game and not the other 5 randoms that have 0 insentive to win but max insentive to practice.

Competitive is for if you're taking it seriously and if have a number stick next to your name scares you then heck I don't know what to tell you.

Call me what you want but you can't exactly stop me and all the other players doing what I do which is doing what games are intended to do, be fun - try it some time
I can go into QP for a regular match and practice. Shocking, I know.
11/23/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Titanium
Vs. AI
11/23/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Nippys
Well I think it's for practice and you can't exactly stop me from picking what ever I want.

You're so sadly mistaken. It'll be all fun and games till the first one of you "it's just qp" idiots gets a suspension exactly like what' been happening recently.

If you think I'm joking wait a while. There's a reason that Blizzard specifically put in a practice range and vs. AI. QP is not meant for "practice".
This again? Yes, QP is for practice——as long as you practice how to play well and do your best to win (as opposed to sitting in spawn and trying out your emotes)!
11/23/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Titanium
Right. The only option would be 4v4 team DM, and oops, it's on rotation. So just practice ... whenever it shows up, I guess. :\
Are you truly practicing if you play whatever you want and ignore team composition?

I jump Into QP and pick the 4th DPS on our team inspite of the fact we don’t have a healer. So I’m a playing McCree and spend half the time searching for health packs while the enemy team secures the objectives.

So what did I learn in this match while practicing McCree? Absolutely nothing other than a better understanding of health pack locations.

Breaking composition and playing selfishly in quick play will NEVER prepare you for competitive mode.
11/23/2017 11:36 AMPosted by CultofZAL

You're so sadly mistaken. It'll be all fun and games till the first one of you "it's just qp" idiots gets a suspension exactly like what' been happening recently.

If you think I'm joking wait a while. There's a reason that Blizzard specifically put in a practice range and vs. AI. QP is not meant for "practice".

That's never going to happen ever but alright I'm going to continue to Insta lock hanzo or what ever dps I want and you can keep complaining about something that will never change on forums.

You want the real deal go to comp, the stress free mayhem is to be had in quick play
11/23/2017 11:36 AMPosted by CultofZAL

Practice range against bots is absolutely nothing like playing a real game. Except for getting used to basic controls or testing things out, practice range isn't useful in the context of practicing for playing with 11 other humans.
But it is. Doesn't mean I won't try to win.
11/23/2017 10:44 AMPosted by BeeMonger
No, Deathmatch is.

Quickplay is for people who want to play a regular match that isn't comp.

Quick play is alright for practicing provided you aren’t breaking composition and trying your best to win.
Allow me to add equally to this thread as it has added to the forum.

This thread is dumb.
i think what op means is uh. annoying dps players who refuse to try to win or flex because they think they can go into quick play and not try at all and basically mess up everyones games, instead of just going to deathmatch or no limits for aim/positioning practice