Moiras range needs nerfed.

General Discussion
Title. Its ridiculous. She doesnt need to have THAT big of range on a BEAM weapon
ITs like Zarya's beam, low damage, and she needs it to gain heal back. Learn to counter.

EDIT: Judging from your top 5 heroes I see why you are complaining. So basically salty.
The beam is fine frankly. I'm more worried about the orb and how it bounces off the wall. I'd prefer something you can reliably predict.
That's my only issue with Moira. For examples I played ana in qp. I avoided an orb that was coming my right and entered a room on my left ( illios well ).
The orb weirdly bounced against a wall behind me and made his way to the left and managed to remove half of my HP.
She doesnt need charge like zarya and it heals her. Its stupid she can reach me as a rocket boosted pharah
11/29/2017 03:38 AMPosted by StormyBear
ITs like Zarya's beam, low damage, and she needs it to gain heal back. Learn to counter.

EDIT: Judging from your top 5 heroes I see why you are complaining. So basically salty.

Extremely high damage for the range, its not like zarya's beam, and she gets self healed while using it, but go off i guess
11/29/2017 03:41 AMPosted by Phell
The beam is fine frankly. I'm more worried about the orb and how it bounces off the wall. I'd prefer something you can reliably predict.
That's my only issue with Moira. For examples I played ana in qp. I avoided an orb that was coming my right and entered a room on my left ( illios well ).
The orb weirdly bounced against a wall behind me and made his way to the left and managed to remove half of my HP.

This I can agree with, I love Moira. The orb however has weird physics and last a long time considering its cool down, or rather the damage half. I have gotten to the point when I heal that I just get annoyed and just stare at it as I walk backwards to avoid it.
11/29/2017 03:42 AMPosted by EpicTorbBoy4
11/29/2017 03:38 AMPosted by StormyBear

Extremely high damage for the range, its not like zarya's beam, and she gets self healed while using it, but go off i guess

LOL Extremely high damage. Zarya vs Moira. Zarya can destroy you. Trust me I play Moira and Zarya. In fact, I can destroy Moira as almost anyone so far. Its called playing the game and keeping cooldowns in mind. A good sniper can destroy her as well, but what do I know.
11/29/2017 03:41 AMPosted by Phell

Orbs wouldn't be so bad if you could shoot them. Give them a decent amount of health and make them moving targets. Might even help people aim.

Although I mostly play quickplay/arcade, whenever a Moira shows up it's always Dva or bust. And in most situations (match, not encounter), Dva is no longer a suitable barrier tank to provide defense for the team, making choosing her pointless -except- to soak the orbs (and of course, the stray 'pro Dva' player you never really see anymore).

I guess its different if your team is holding their own, but most of the time you'll need some sort of barrier tank so-... make them killable!

Edit: Furthermore, I think Moira's orbs are the only deploy-able in game that does damage that can't be killed. And I don't mean fire-strike; I'm talking turrets and mines, which are the most equatable things I can think of. Moira's orbs are the only things that -cannot- be attacked, or even avoided in certain situations (think Temple of Anubis attacking, when everyone -has- to pass through the gates; you know you've been nabbed by one at least once or twice). By adding a health pool to the orb, at least people can shoot it down before it goes rocketing around and doing a healthy amount of damage to a chunk of the team.
Im always saying that and lm getting a lot of downvotes
Just how is 20m is fine?
She needs that beam because that's how she heals and its damage is poor so it's not that big a deal.
11/29/2017 03:46 AMPosted by sam453oh
Just how is 20m is fine?
because she does 50dps. And that's 50 damage over one second. Meaning if you so much as break los for half a second that's 25damage lost.
11/29/2017 03:46 AMPosted by sam453oh
Just how is 20m is fine?

Doesn't go through shields, bullets and arrows can surprisingly go farther. Just because you don't like it, does not mean its OP.
I think the beam length is fine. I would appreciate her having to aim a bit more than she does at the moment (but not as bad as the accidental nerf on PTR). As a Mercy main I can't really counter Moira, and because of how beams work (they attach until the channeled damage in the beam is depleted) it is rather difficult to get away from a Moira even while using Guardian Angel to escape. If Moira had to aim her damage a little it would make dodging a feasibility at least. And please don't counter argue that Mercy's beams are the same, because healing someone is not the same as damaging someone.
Why? Its not like its a lock on beam, and its low damage
11/29/2017 03:54 AMPosted by StormyBear
bullets and arrows can surprisingly go farther
Bullets have spread and drop off.
11/29/2017 03:56 AMPosted by Qwazi
I think the beam length is fine. I would appreciate her having to aim a bit more than she does at the moment (but not as bad as the accidental nerf on PTR). As a Mercy main I can't really counter Moira, and because of how beams work (they attach until the channeled damage in the beam is depleted) it is rather difficult to get away from a Moira even while using Guardian Angel to escape. If Moira had to aim her damage a little it would make dodging a feasibility at least. And please don't counter argue that Mercy's beams are the same, because healing someone is not the same as damaging someone.

Fair point, I shred Mercy as Moira, even with her using guardian angel, maybe some testing should be put in place but yeah no repeats of the bug lol.
Blah blah blah nerf nerf nerf.........nothing new on these forums lol
11/29/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Jessicka
11/29/2017 03:54 AMPosted by StormyBear
bullets and arrows can surprisingly go farther
Bullets have spread and drop off.

Even with fall off they can still hit you. That is the point. If they hit you they do said damage. I also included arrows for a reason. Snipers can shoot long ranges. Its their job. Moira needs range so she can restore her resource. Because instead of infinite healing like all other supports, (Well Ana is a reloading) Moira must replenish said resource.
its a lock on beam sort of.. it has that snap-to quality to it, like some other things in the game. thats not a bad thing. its fine.

but its dmg is too high. its not alot of dmg, but its enough to kill most heroes in a few seconds. thats too much. lower the dmg and increase how much refill moira gets from that beam. easy. that way shes not a dps-and-healer, like she is now. that way she's still functional. k? not rocket science.

moira can repeatedly kill flankers with no problem and thats a bit silly.
Better have some compromises to those nerfs.

Dark Orb is deadly to a single player and often 2players; 3players or more the damage gets cut back greatly and more of an annoyance.
They last 10 seconds (or until max damage is dealt) - for their damage, they should last about 5seconds given their 10sec CD.

Healing orb, given the same treatment as dark.

Her drain is used to refill her Heal. Her primary fire, which takes nearly 2minutes for a full recharge with outusing her DPS Attack.

Heal recharge would need to at least be 90% faster (0-100% should take 15-20 seconds instead of minutes) if her secondary fire is going to get a damage and range nerf.

As well reducing her attack range, should result in her heal getting the range increased and a wider spread.