Why do I get the same player on my team even after blocking?

Competitive Discussion
I'm so frustrated, there's one guy his name is "IPlayOnlyHanzo" That's basically what he plays Hanzo or Widow. I don't hate one tricks or anything if they are good, but sometimes it just doesn't work even if you are so good, the enemy team's comp is just so good that a hanzo or widow is ineffective.

I always stay positive, even when the team was shouting to the guy at the start of the match I told him just play if you are good enough, if it doesn't work you can switch. I reached my peak so I blocked the guy, then I saw him again in the next match, and the next three matches, in the last match I saw the guy again I quit the game before it starts and lost SR for it plus a ban. Why do I get the same guy over and over again even after blocking the guy?????? Its like Blizzard is telling me "you blocked the guy, now we'll put him in all your matches"

Seriously can't I just block someone and never see him again in my team? Seems like block only blocks them from voice and chat.
12/06/2017 11:32 AMPosted by Simba
I don't hate one tricks or anything if they are good, but sometimes it just doesn't work even if you are so good, the enemy team's comp is just so good that a hanzo or widow is ineffective.

If it "sometimes" works wouldn't the chance of it working immediately after it fails to work be greater?
The block only blocks comms unfortunately.

It used to completely block a player from ever being in a game with you, but people abused it to avoid playing against some high skill players.

Rather than adjust it so that it only blocked the person from being on your team, (which is all anyone really cares about in any case), they removed it altogether.