Get rid of the boarder system

General Discussion
Get rid of the boarder system!
Not only do I get guys being mean to me because I'm a female in a male gamer's world, My golden boarder is a target for toxic players to ruin games for me. It happens almost every comp game I play. I was so very happy that I got a golden boarder until recently.. It's just another excuse for toxicity.
12/12/2017 10:29 AMPosted by RocketBunny
Not only do I get guys being mean to me because I'm a female in a male gamer's world, My golden boarder is a target for toxic players to ruin games for me. It happens almost every comp game I play. I was so very happy that I got a golden boarder until recently.. It's just another excuse for toxicity.

i can understand your point. i think its stupid for people to make fun of other to do something they enjoy. i am sure alot of other people would be gold borders if they only played on one account
Is that the no-life boarder? Sry mine is bronze i dont know much about boarders...
Just report them. Gold ain't that super high lately:/ Dont understand why ppl would be toxic about it.
I noticed since getting gold I get targeted a lot more. Stressful but i am a tank main so it takes some of the pressure off my team.
No. No. No.

I need a reminder of how much time I have wasted playing this game!

It's honestly more rewarding than SR!
i like my silver boarder and can't wait for the gold one
I literally don't see a reason that having a golden border would bring in toxicity. I'm really curious as to how that would go. Would it go something like: "Ugh. A golden border. So terrible. You suck. OH !@#$ YOU A GIRL!!! I now must assert my dominance because I am a lower level than someone of the opposite sex."

Maybe toxicity is coming from the fact that you are a one trick D.Va in Comp (83 hours) and then have 13 hours on Mercy as your second most played hero in comp.

Maybe it is the fact that you have 68 hours on Bastion in quick play.

Also, this mentality that just because someone is a female in a "male gamer's world" means that they will get toxicity.
I thought it was a bragging tool?
I agree. I hate it when pirates board my yacht and steal my stuff. Pls get rid of them Blizzard.
Border not Boarder. Boarder is something else.

I absolutely agree with your point, though. You will notice this account is level 28. That's because my main is 20 levels from gold border, and I simply can't deal with the toxicity I see leveled at everyone with a gold border.
!@#$ them! you've clearly spent much more time on the game than them, so ask them why they don't have a gold border yet.

and when they ALT+F4 and uninstall because they can't answer your question than you know for certain they have no idea what they're talking about.

not going to lie though, i'm kind of jealous of your border, it's just so cool.
12/12/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Ninniq
Is that the no-life boarder? Sry mine is bronze i dont know much about boarders...

Looking at the amount of forum posts, i'd say you hang out more in the forums then in the game.
Grow thicker skin.

Me and my wife have played since beta and she has a gold baorder now (im close to it) but she gets the same treatment as you when im not playing with her. Your more than welcome to join us anytime. (Dont let guys ever say a girl cant play OW i team with my wife and a few other girls we have met on OW. I would argue that they are the best teamates to have as they dont get toxic and win or lose we have fun) personaly i think a all girl OWL team would kick some rear. In any case feel free to join us if u like.
Not only do I get guys being mean to me because I'm a female in a male gamer's world, My golden boarder is a target for toxic players to ruin games for me. It happens almost every comp game I play.
Jesus christ. Hide chat and leave voice if you can't deal with what people say on the internet. Sit down, shut up, and grow up.
I'm a female in a male gamer's world

geez, how do you even manage to find such people in your extremely high tolerance nation? "Even" in russian gamers community literally no one give a !@#$ about your sex and gender. Either there is some secret dark side of american community, or stop this bull%^-* ffs, u r going crazy.
"gril gamer xd"

Please edit post and title and drop the to say border instead of boarder. I seriously though I was missing something about being able to board something or what not.

As to borders, they mean nothing and anyone saying anything about them is looking for an excuse to complain about something. Hell, I make fun of my own silver border and wings.