Why Is Sym Shields Still Not Calculated In Restoring Health?

General Discussion
It has been a lonnnggggggg time since syms ult rework, and her shield generator still does not generate any stats on shield regeneration for heroes as "health restored". One of the main reasons people don't think of sym as a "healer" is because it is not a calculated stat for people to see, even though it is constantly refreshing "health" after a period of not taking damage. The shield generator looks like a useless tool, but I am sure if the system tracked health restoration for all characters, it would compete with the most picked heroes currently. It would make people understand how effective sym truly is when her shield gen is up and how beneficial it is.

Shield gen also does not track how long it has been up vs the teleporter, which is another important stat for sym players.

Any reason for this never being fixed?
Honestly, I thought really hard for a good reason. And I couldn't come up with one.
Add a shield restore stat maybe as health restore doesn't seem quite right as it's not a players health.

A stat is probably needed, just not health restore in my opinion.
Blizzard get on it... we want answers???
Maybe she can get a stat for anytime a teammate survives something with 75 health or less.
Zenytta/Zarya don't get that stats from generating their own shield, so it makes sense Sym doesn't have it as well.

It would be a lame stat anyway. Shield is self-regenerating so Sym would just be racking up that stat the entire game (or until shield gen is destroyed) without lifting a finger. Getting a high amount of shield restored is dependent on the player that has it, not Sym.

Shield Gen uptime is good enough.
They had to redirect that team to make a system that false bans one tricks. Now that that's done, expect these other issues to be fixed by next July.
12/13/2017 10:47 AMPosted by pooch
Zenytta/Zarya don't get that stats from generating their own shield, so it makes sense Sym doesn't have it as well.

It would be a lame stat anyway. Shield is self-regenerating so Sym would just be racking up that stat the entire game (or until shield gen is destroyed) without lifting a finger. Getting a high amount of shield restored is dependent on the player that has it, not Sym.

Shield Gen uptime is good enough.

Let's remove damage blocked while we're at it. Can't have Rein and Orisa getting "lame stats the entire game without lifting a finger".

(see how dumb you sound?)
12/13/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Valkyrie
Let's remove damage blocked while we're at it. Can't have Rein and Orisa getting "lame stats the entire game without lifting a finger".

(see how dumb you sound?)

No, I only see how dumb you are by comparing the two.
I dont think Shield Generator has any stat. Please fix this BLIZZARD. Thanks.
It doesn't count as health restored because it is not health. If anything, it would count as "Damage Blocked", along with all of the other shields in the game. And this is something that should be tracked in her stats... along with Shield Generator uptime.

But yeah, that's why it's not counted as "Health Restored".
12/13/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Sidratha
It doesn't count as health restored because it is not health. If anything, it would count as "Damage Blocked", along with all of the other shields in the game. And this is something that should be tracked in her stats... along with Shield Generator uptime.

But yeah, that's why it's not counted as "Health Restored".

I agree, just did not know how to put in in a way that made complete sense. Sym stats are not tracked properly because of the mechanic behind it, and I was trying to phrase it in a way that people could understand. Could be a stat for "shields restored" as other people mentioned in their comments above.
12/13/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Cheat2Win
They had to redirect that team to make a system that false bans one tricks. Now that that's done, expect these other issues to be fixed by next July.

I see what you did there hahahaha

https://giphy.com/gifs/laughing-despicable-me-minions-ZqlvCTNHpqrio
I think they excluded it because they don't want Sym to ever be a healer and a healing stat would ruin the illusion of her being Support but still not being a healer... Despite the game... Calling Supports "healers"... So... Oops?

Though the other thing might be because healing is like dealing damage as far as the game sees it. So since nobody's being directly healed, it can't display the stat? I'm sure it could be coded to fix that, but they probably figured "Why bother?" because of the whole "Sym isn't a healer and never will be one (bcuz making her a healer would easily make her more useful/viable like all other healers but we want her to suck 4ever so w/e)!!!"
12/13/2017 02:11 PMPosted by LilPuddin
I think they excluded it because they don't want Sym to ever be a healer and a healing stat would ruin the illusion of her being Support but still not being a healer... Despite the game... Calling Supports "healers"... So... Oops?

Though the other thing might be because healing is like dealing damage as far as the game sees it. So since nobody's being directly healed, it can't display the stat? I'm sure it could be coded to fix that, but they probably figured "Why bother?" because of the whole "Sym isn't a healer and never will be one (bcuz making her a healer would easily make her more useful/viable like all other healers but we want her to suck 4ever so w/e)!!!"

What is interesting though is that pre-change her personal shields were tracked on the uptime of her shields. Similar to torbs shields created stat and uptime stat. Don't understand why this was not carried over as a playercard at minimum.

Also, her personal shields would have been way better had they just buffed the amount of shields she gave, and increased the cool down time. So instead of the 50 or 75(Can't Remember) . Let her give shields of 150-200 on a 10 second cool down.

But I am just some guy who plays the game, so what does it all really matter?