Are Sombra's and Symmetra's skin similar?

General Discussion
Are they based on dragons?
One is red one is blue.
12/12/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Joe
One is red one is blue.
O, I thought one was purple and the other yellow.

What I mean is, are they both based on dragons, because I do see some similarities between them.
I think hers is based on an ice-dragon :o)
I searched "rime dragon" on google and the only thing i could find was something from a game called "DragonVale World" where there is a rime dragon you can get from breeding an ice and air dragon, and it looks pretty icy. I'm not saying it's a reference to that game, but like they had to get Rime from somewhere
12/12/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Dawniee
I searched "rime dragon" on google and the only thing i could find was something from a game called "DragonVale World" where there is a rime dragon you can get from breeding an ice and air dragon, and it looks pretty icy. I'm not saying it's a reference to that game, but like they had to get Rime from somewhere

Rime is a type of ice. It’s basically another cold-themed skin like Reaper and Pharah.
Symbra ;)
I made that connection too. The skins look similar, besides just opposite element themes. Their chest area is the same design and so is their draping skirt thing. A lot. I consider them basically pairs. (Gotta make dat fan art of yin-yang comparison, yea?)
I think its clear they were designed by the same person
I don't see much dragon in Sombra's personally, the back is the only part where I can kinda see thinking that, but still not long enough to really ring as a tail. Pretty sure it's meant to be a winter spirit along the lines of Jack Frost.
I was thinking of her more as a girl version of jack frost.
I was thinking she is more like jack frost. I can see the similarity to the two skins though

rime definition:

frost formed on cold objects by the rapid freezing of water vapor in cloud or fog.
verbliterary

cover (an object) with hoarfrost.
I think sombras design is centered around "shiva" the ice elemental from final fantasy, though people see similarities from other places also.
Yes its like a dragon

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36661/rimefang
It kind of reminded me of Jack Frost or Snow Miser. But now that I look at it closer, it does resemble an ice dragon.
12/12/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Vaxillian
I was thinking of her more as a girl version of jack frost.

Yeah Sombra's flaps resemble Symm's dragon wing flaps, but they're more like shards of ice from the snow/iceflake.
12/12/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Selauriel
Symbra ;)
Yasssssssssss, queen.