No Hanukkah Skin again

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm not Christian, but I don't mind Christmas-themed skins. I wouldn't get upset about any religious skin either from other religions. More skins. Yay!

But why Hanukkah? Judaism isn't a terribly large religion in the grand scheme and Hanukkah isn't a major holiday of that religion. It would seem like an odd choice to receive a skin before others.
I think Blizzard is sticking to holiday imagery that is considered more secular, like the non-religious Christmas stuff since Christmas is more or less considered the "default" secular holiday, or just snow and ice. That's probably why they haven't touched on much from Hannukah, since that holiday is considered much more religious though and through than most modern-day Christmas traditions.

Still, I wouldn't be opposed to some neat stuff from other holidays either. But I can also see why Blizzard hasn't done much surrounding them as well.

Either way, this is still the holidays for everyone so I'm sure we can all keep this discussion nice, positive, constructive, and free of--
12/13/2017 01:03 PMPosted by V1KTOR
Go back to Israel

Oh. Oh no.
Well, there goes that.
12/13/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Coulumbo
12/13/2017 12:58 PMPosted by betaboost77
why Blizzard. Just make ONE Hanukkah related skin. that’s all I ask.

Not another one...
No Orisa piñata skin! Madness!!!
12/13/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Simian1975
12/13/2017 01:05 PMPosted by betaboost77
Maybe a skin with the colors of the Jewish flag - not really Hanukkah, but still.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Jewish flag?

its a flag thats jewish
12/13/2017 01:06 PMPosted by LawrencTider
How would that even work? Does Hanukkah have any associated costumes at all related to it?

Menorah Zenyatta? Even any Jewish representation would be fine
12/13/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Joey
12/13/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Tailand
the commercialized Santa Claus created by Coca Cola.

This is just an urban legend. Coca Cola did not invent Santa, nor did they invent his red clothing. It was just a convenient coincidence.
They commercialized him. Coca Cola just used him because his colors matched their brand's.

My point is that they created a commercialized form of Santa Claus, inspired by the real one.
Since we are on it, where is my Jesus skin for mccree? Gibe nao!
12/13/2017 01:10 PMPosted by McNutt
I'm not Christian, but I don't mind Christmas-themed skins. I wouldn't get upset about any religious skin either from other religions. More skins. Yay!

But why Hanukkah? Judaism isn't a terribly large religion in the grand scheme and Hanukkah isn't a major holiday of that religion. It would seem like an odd choice to receive a skin before others.

I get your point, but to me, anything inspired by something Jewish (doesn’t have to be Hanukkah) would be fine
12/13/2017 01:12 PMPosted by betaboost77
12/13/2017 01:06 PMPosted by LawrencTider
How would that even work? Does Hanukkah have any associated costumes at all related to it?

Menorah Zenyatta? Even any Jewish representation would be fine
Menorah Zen actually sounds really pretty, I'd buy that skin tbh
12/13/2017 01:11 PMPosted by SwiftDovah
12/13/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Simian1975
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Jewish flag?

its a flag thats jewish

I meant the flag of Israel - but still
Moses reaper or uninstall
12/13/2017 01:13 PMPosted by betaboost77
I get your point, but to me, anything inspired by something Jewish (doesn’t have to be Hanukkah) would be fine
They're not going to do it. Once they do, then a Christmas skin has to be made, then a muslim one, and so on and so on.

It's easier just to create none of them. Besides, they did add religious themed avis.
OY VEY
12/13/2017 01:02 PMPosted by betaboost77
People can’t stand it when other cultures are shown I guess :) If there was no Christmas inspired skins what would happen? You guys would freak out.

Hanukkah is not represented in the event because it's a religious holiday. So is Christmas, but it's also about a fat man who gives little kids presents. They are only representing the Santa stuff, not any of the religious part of Christmas. It's a winter event and so they won't be representing religion at all.
12/13/2017 01:13 PMPosted by betaboost77

I understand that and have no problem with it. However, it opens up some really nasty possibilities. People could take griefing to nasty lows when religion gets involved. I'd hate to see people getting bashed just for showing their Jewish pride. I'd like to think that it could spread a little tolerance, but I sadly doubt that would be the case.
Hakuna skins?

I'd LOVE Timone and Pumba skins for Junkrat and Roadhog!
Hi mlgDVA! Back at it again I see!
Have another report on me!
I'd imagine you made this thread under the assumption there were actual religious themed skins in the game.

There aren't any.