No Hanukkah Skin again

General Discussion
12/13/2017 01:17 PMPosted by CaptGreentoe
Hi mlgDVA! Back at it again I see!
Have another report on me!

Who’s that
12/13/2017 01:14 PMPosted by betaboost77

I meant the flag of Israel - but still

So all you want is a skin with predominantly white and blue colouring? Why not just adopt Ana's Snow Owl skin as a Hanukkah skin?
All of these Christmas posts remind me of the first South Park Christmas episode with Mr. Hankey. Where all the christians were offended by santa. The jews were offended by christians and as a result the school play was void of any christmas or religious reference and it turned into this piece of crap with abstract ideas and it was just awful. That's what all of this reminds me of...
Actually, we didn’t get Xmas skins this event either. We got Winter/cold skins. Junkrat’s is winter in Australia, the others are all based on snowy climates or ice. I, personally, am very pleased.
12/13/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Tailand
12/13/2017 01:13 PMPosted by betaboost77
I get your point, but to me, anything inspired by something Jewish (doesn’t have to be Hanukkah) would be fine
They're not going to do it. Once they do, then a Christmas skin has to be made, then a muslim one, and so on and so on.

It's easier just to create none of them. Besides, they did add religious themed avis.

Wyd there’s a Santa skin
Okay, whether we agree with OP or not, what terms of service are they actually breaking?
(Also who is mlgDVA)
12/13/2017 01:19 PMPosted by noodlebleps
Actually, we didn’t get Xmas skins this event either. We got Winter/cold skins. Junkrat’s is winter in Australia, the others are all based on snowy climates or ice. I, personally, am very pleased.

Last event we did though. How about we do next year mostly Hanukkah and the year after mostly Kwanzaa and we can rotate
12/13/2017 01:20 PMPosted by betaboost77
Wyd there’s a Santa skin
Not religious based. Christmas is commercialized, Hanukkah is not.
12/13/2017 12:58 PMPosted by betaboost77
why Blizzard. Just make ONE Hanukkah related skin. that’s all I ask.

Its ok. There are 1999 other religions that are not getting skins either.
12/13/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Simian1975
12/13/2017 01:14 PMPosted by betaboost77

I meant the flag of Israel - but still

So all you want is a skin with predominantly white and blue colouring? Why not just adopt Ana's Snow Owl skin as a Hanukkah skin?

No. A Star of David would be nice. Make it dominantly a Jewish skin
12/13/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Tailand
12/13/2017 01:20 PMPosted by betaboost77
Wyd there’s a Santa skin
Not religious based. Christmas is commercialized, Hanukkah is not.

Doesn’t matter. Not everyone celebrates Christmas
As a Jew I'm going to throw my vote into the "No." pile. We don't need religious representation in a shooter.

Hebrew Hammer Rein skin would be hilarious, though. Dreidel helmet, shield with a hamentaschen in the middle and a spray of gelt when he charges.
12/13/2017 01:25 PMPosted by betaboost77
Doesn’t matter. Not everyone celebrates Christmas
Christmas is seen a lot like Halloween is these days. They're both commercial holidays, unlike their religious and spiritual origins. Doesn't matter if you celebrate either of them.

This is reality.
12/13/2017 01:12 PMPosted by betaboost77

Menorah Zenyatta? Even any Jewish representation would be fine

The irony of you having a dreidel for an icon complaining about wanting anything jewish related.
12/13/2017 01:23 PMPosted by betaboost77

Yes... do a Star of David. Give a cross while you are at it?
12/13/2017 01:23 PMPosted by betaboost77

But surely that would make it an explicitly religious skin? Even if you ignore the difficulties that would create for Blizzard in countries which have issues with Israel (rightly or wrongly, this definitely isn't the forum for that debate), it would set a very worrying precedent within the game.

As others have pointed out, if skins in the game start explicitly reflecting certain religious beliefs (rather than reflecting broader cultural practices which, whilst originally tied to a particular religious holiday, are now secular enough in nature to be enjoyed beyond the confines of that particular religion), then Blizzard would be obliged to produce skins which reflected every strain of belief. That doesn't sound like a game I would much enjoy, and I suspect many other players would feel the same.
Last time I checked modern day Christmas has nothing to do with christ and more about a jolly home invader with access to labor camps and a delivery system.

Seriously, Santa has nothing to do with religion. We didn't get any religious holiday skins, so tough luck you wont get any either, but right now it seems you're a bit too thick to understand that
12/13/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Atari
12/13/2017 01:12 PMPosted by betaboost77

Menorah Zenyatta? Even any Jewish representation would be fine

The irony of you having a dreidel for an icon complaining about wanting anything jewish related.

A player icon is almost nothing. You know what I meant
There are no religious skins in the game (Santa is not religious)
Why would they add Haunkkah ones?
We will never see religious skins.
12/13/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Ranger51
Okay, whether we agree with OP or not, what terms of service are they actually breaking?
(Also who is mlgDVA)
He's a troll who's been stirring up !@#$ with exactly the same post and each one goes exactly the same way:
"I want Jewish representation!"
"Blizzard are avoiding religious representation though, you're not getting one."
"But Christmas is a Christian holiday so why does everyone get Christmas skins and not Hanukkah skins?!"
"Christmas is a secular holiday that is celebrated by most cultures even some that aren't Christian, all of these skins are based on different cultural representation of a similar figure."
"But Christmas is a Christian holiday! You just hate jews!"

And so on until the thread gets locked, he's only doing it for attention at this point and even if he's not the same guy it's still trolling.
Here are the other threads for relevance: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760475842?page=1
And: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759538188?page=1