Molten Core Reload

General Discussion
Could Molten Core be modified to auto-reload Orbjorn's Rivet Gun the same way S:76's Ult auto-reloads his rifle?
molten core is already pretty strong, lasts longer than visor, you just can't compare everything
They're not the same thing. Torb's ult is very good and gives him a number of buffs (health, firerate, hammer speed, turret damage and health)
but Soldier's is just an upgrade for his gun. He needs the quick reload to get value out of it. Torb does not.
12/21/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Pulse
molten core is already pretty strong, lasts longer than visor, you just can't compare everything

But still. Molten Core boosts his firing rate so much you find yourself often reloading alot during it. And then the enemy kills you, taking advantage of that. While they were only 1-2 shots away from dying.
I love Torb, he's on of my two Def Heroes that I play, however i think an auto reload would be a bit OP. Torb can already create points of crossfire with his Turrets, and place them where a shield tank will have to decide between the turret and the rest of the team attacking them. Combine that with Molten Core and any Torb worth their salt is a massive threat already.
12/21/2017 06:00 PMPosted by RoboCombat
They're not the same thing. Torb's ult is very good and gives him a number of buffs (health, firerate, hammer speed, turret damage and health)
but Soldier's is just an upgrade for his gun. He needs the quick reload to get value out of it. Torb does not.

It's the only transformation ulti that requires a pre-reload to use. S:76 auto-reloads when he activates it, Mercy just flat out gets infinite ammo, and all the other examples (Genji, Bastion, Winston) switch to a new weapon altogether, one that doesn't need reloading no less.

As for his weapon, it honestly isn't all that impressive for an ultimate weapon by itself due to Torb's relatively weak gun to begin with.
12/21/2017 06:04 PMPosted by DarthWalrus
12/21/2017 06:00 PMPosted by RoboCombat

It's the only transformation ulti that requires a pre-reload to use. S:76 auto-reloads when he activates it, Mercy just flat out gets infinite ammo, and all the other examples (Genji, Bastion, Winston) switch to a new weapon altogether, one that doesn't need reloading no less.

alright then make it so he instantly reloads when starting his ultimate. just don't make reloading faster during it.
It would probably be to much really. His ultimate is quite strong as it should be used while his turret up. He doesn’t need more firepower.

It's also the only transformation ult that lasts 12 seconds while the rest of ults last 6-8seconds, that's double ULT duration.

I'm not even counting mercy because shes beyond broken
12/21/2017 06:05 PMPosted by RoboCombat

alright then make it so he instantly reloads when starting his ultimate. just don't make reloading faster during it.

That's what I was asking for
12/21/2017 06:09 PMPosted by DarthWalrus
12/21/2017 06:05 PMPosted by RoboCombat

That's what I was asking for

Sorry. thought you meant "quicker reload just like tac visor"