Reasoning behind Price outrage.

General Discussion
Overwatch, as a game, costed $40.
$40 will get you nine OWL skins, at best.

AAA games are normally price at about $60.
$60 will get you 13 OWL skins.

Which are you gonna get more enjoyment from, 13 Overwatch League skins, or a fully fledged out game?
plenty of cheap and good indies out there.
Relax. When people are this outraged, things like this don't last long.
Who cares? Don't buy it. It's purely cosmetic and changes absolutely nothing about game play.
I thought people liked the idea of being able to buy skins directly since then they wouldn't have to spend all that money on lootboxes.
Watching football on your computer costs $0. Watching it at a friend's house is $0. Playing a game of football costs $0. You can get zero $80 football jerseys for $0. What will you get more enjoyment out of?
So... when nobody buys them... that's a pretty good message wouldn't you say?

Orrr.. everyone is going to buy them to support the teams and they'll stay in.

Do you think you're going to be the financial genius who shows people "the way" of not buying stuff that has a poor price to value ratio?

I got my free skin, Dynasty D-VA is smexy. that's all I'm getting. Then again I don't watch sports. "E" or otherwise.

I don't see this being any different then the 70 dollar "jerseys" fans buy for other sportsing stuff.
01/09/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Snowshredder
Who cares? Don't buy it. It's purely cosmetic and changes absolutely nothing about game play.
ok cool

Still overpriced
01/09/2018 05:27 PMPosted by ShadowLord64
Relax. When people are this outraged, things like this don't last long.

The 5 Mercy megathreads would like a word with you
People made the full price game argument against loot boxes but got downvoted pretty hard. People change their minds often around here...
It's $60 on console no matter what, so it's even more BS
I think 8 nzd for one skin is a little much...

I'd rather pay a bit more for say, a pack of skins (like 15 dollars and you get all support skins for the spitfire or whoever your team of choice is)
01/09/2018 05:24 PMPosted by GaLaple

Which are you gonna get more enjoyment from, 13 Overwatch League skins, or a fully fledged out game?

Why are people actually upset at the model blizzard uses? The price isn't mainly for owl skins. You're donating to your favorite team and supporting them. The owl skins are more of a thank you for donating to us. If you don't wanna donate, then dont. It hurts no one. Skins are just cosmetics.

Donations = Rewards. It's a good model imo.
Overwatch doesn't have a single player. It should be a scam to charge more than $40 for a game without a single player, and Overwatch pushes the $60 digital one hard. They aren't really immune here
My problem is that most of them look fugly and an eyesore
01/09/2018 05:24 PMPosted by GaLaple

Doesn't buying the skins directly monetarily support the team it belongs to?

You're helping the team and getting the skin as a bonus, not the other way around sparky...
This sure seems like the kind of promotion that would be good to promote competitive mode, wouldn't you say? A Twitch-hosted Overwatch league? Like... "Spend hard earned comp points on your favorite team!" sort of event... but no.

And btw, some quick math: A total of 312 costumes added, if you bought the tokens at 'best value!', you would have to make 12 total purchases, totalling $1,199.88.
If you bought them individually for 4.99 a piece, that'd total $1,556.88. You'd save over $350 by buying the bundles! What a deal!!!

And yes I understand that you aren't expected to get them all, and with those prices, I'd be pretty shocked to hear anyone actually doing so.
01/09/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Ragology
I thought people liked the idea of being able to buy skins directly since then they wouldn't have to spend all that money on lootboxes.

pu ssy pansy bois always have something to cry about. They b!tch and moan even when they get what they want.