7 Bans, 1 year. No response to tickets. Quitting

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Good news Blizzard. Your report system is working, a Torb main is leaving the game.

The people who designed this game are not dumb. Great game, it's unplayable. My issues with this community while maining Torbjorn aside, this game has turned into a gamble with my time. It's too toxic, and your system is pushing the game towards more toxicity.

I have sent 5 tickets this week. Everytime, I state I am not repealing my ban. I just want information. I asked why am I banned. And how can I prevent that from happening in the future. You respond:

Following a review of your case, I can confirm that the evidence presented was correct, and that the subsequent action taken was appropriate. Our decision in this matter stands, and will not be overturned.

Your account has been suspended for actions and behaviour which are considered against the spirit of the game, due to reports from your fellow players. Such activites can include flaming or inappropriate language, toxic chat, non-participation in the game, or intentional behavior to provide an advantage to the enemy team or a disadvantage to your own team.

This game is bad for kids, your pro gaming advertising should be illegal. Your report system was conceived from ignorance, run on ignorance, and upheld by ignorance.

I recorded 1 day of gameplay after my ban. I was going to show how I can be banned for playing Torb. This one day sums up overwatch experience for me. It's broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMyaf4stmU

Uninstalled, trying out new games... happier.
You were using Torb on attack, dropping turret fire and forget, and then flanking and getting yourself killed - no wonder they reported you!
Highly Rated
The system has been broken for god knows how long. You can play torb and have 3-4 golds and get the blame but the one trick genji on the team doing nothing and dying every encounter is praised.
Highly Rated
I mean he played 70 hours with a 54% winrate THIS SEASON, its not great, but he was doing well and probably trying to win his games

picking a hero isnt supposed to be bannable, unless he was insulting his team for not playing around him. he should not have been banned.
Highly Rated
12/14/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Chaghatai
You were using Torb on attack, dropping turret fire and forget, and then flanking and getting yourself killed - no wonder they reported you!

Then let me sink to the bottom of the rank, and play with other bad players.

I got to high masters playing 100% solo Q, playing Torb on attack...often flanking. You are part of the problem kid. You and every ignorant little punk that is controlling this game.

I don't care if you think I'm terrible, or anyone else. You should not be banned because others think what you do is bad.

Nobody has to work around a Torb, you don't have to shield nothing, you dont have to do anything special. Just don't ragequit. But your dumbass generation is messed up. Nobody stands up to your stupidity and you never learn, you never feel the amount of shame you need to so you can grow as a person. You are in a bubble. Better yourselves kids, don't succumb to the behaviors in this game. Think for yourselves.
Please dont come back...
:::: holds door open for you ::::
PUBG is an amazing game, but unfortunately you can't place a turret and expect it to do all the work for you :/

Edit: I watched your video... why don't you ever give your team armor or set up behind shields? I'd report you too
Highly Rated

If he was being toxic or throwing then that's a bannable offense. Playing what you want to play as, even if its poorly, is not. I do not know the details of his bans so they might've been legitimate. I just wanted to address your line of thought.
Highly Rated

Playing bad isn't bannable, and most people don't even recognize good play when they see it, and Fuey a top 500 torb often sets his turret and then does other things babysitting your turret is negating a lot of value of torb tbh.
Okay judging from this thread I know why you got banned, and it's nothing to do with attack Torbing

Edit: Wooooooo nailed it, nice shutdown Papa Jeff
12/14/2017 03:15 PMPosted by CosmicGhost

Then let me sink to the bottom of the rank, and play with other bad players.

I got to high masters playing 100% solo Q, playing Torb on attack...often flanking. You are part of the problem kid. You and every ignorant little punk that is controlling this game.

I don't care if you think I'm terrible, or anyone else. You should not be banned because others think what you do is bad.

Nobody has to work around a Torb, you don't have to shield nothing, you dont have to do anything special. Just don't ragequit. But your dumbass generation is messed up. Nobody stands up to your stupidity and you never learn, you never feel the amount of shame you need to so you can grow as a person. You are in a bubble. Better yourselves kids, don't succumb to the behaviors in this game. Think for yourselves.

It's odd to be called kid by someone who is almost certainly younger than my actual kid - I'm 43, so if you are complaining about generations then either you are a boomer, you are complaining about your own generation or you are complaining about an older generation - that or you made an assumption that turned out to be wrong ;-)

As for gameplay

If you actually think in those times, that is the best way to win the game, then knock your self out - but don't you think that if your mechanics and game instincts are good enough to be that successful using Torb that way, that you would lock the enemy down EVEN HARDER if you used another hero some of those times? This is about comparative advantage, not "good enough"

The point is to not play slack and always do what would give your team the best odds of winning if some omniscient bookie was constantly updating the odds - the point is to win, not to win with xxx hero
12/14/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Killbill
Please dont come back...

12/14/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Bendubz11
Okay judging from this thread I know why you got banned, and it's nothing to do with attack Torbing

Early bans were for defensive comments. I'm old, I stand up for myself and others. I stand up for teammates, and enemy players who are getting !@#$ talked. That means reports.

Fine, I adapted. I stopped. I sat back and let kids talk %^-* to me, I was still banned. It's insanely repressive to listen to the garbage that you morons have to say, all while your stealing my time... because you are too addicted to a game you barely understand.

How is it possible that in the top 10%, players still trickle in for an entire map clueless as to what is happening ... and then blame each other for comp? There is no competition in high ranks. They just try to get 1v1's, they try to show off.

This is not a competetive game. Esports is just a commercial for these games. They are brainwashing kids, and thats part of the toxicity.
Highly Rated
Please dont come back...

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/CosmicGhost-1244/heroes/torbjorn?mode=competitive

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Killbill-21551/heroes/mccree?mode=competitive

I would def take this torb with me rather than this mccree. They die 4 times less on average per match, which is like, one of the most important stats you could have, while still outputting same damage and kills and getting more ulti kills and still providing people, especially supports, with armor packs and turret utility, even getting more headshots, more consistent and better winrate.
12/14/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Chaghatai
The point is to not play slack and always do what would give your team the best odds of winning if some omniscient bookie was constantly updating the odds - the point is to win, not to win with xxx hero
This. This right here is pretty much what Blizzard want us to do with this game. I'll admit I'd love to win every game I play as Tracer, but I know that isn't realistic, I can't play Tracer if I'm on a team with 4 dps already, I'd rather help by healing or by playing a tank than put us in even more of a bad position.
Please dont come back...

How could you say that? He was just playing the game to the best of his ability.
To the OP:

I'm sorry this happened to you. Blizzard likes to claim hero choice is not bannable. They like to claim also that a review of your case showed the evidence against you to be true.

I know the first is bs. And I can safely assume the second is as well. The same people who berated us for being such a toxic community, have left us the power to ban one another with automatic actions taken after the accumulation of a certain number of reports.

In the words of the Comedian:

It's a joke. It's all a joke.