7 Bans, 1 year. No response to tickets. Quitting

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
12/15/2017 09:24 AMPosted by brokenstyli

No, no, no.

If you're a one-trick that's got a 50+% winrate, then you absolutely CAN and HAVE PROVEN you can play the same hero on every map and every situation.

If you're playing into a counter, but you're STILL earning frags and performing in your role, even if you get punished for it, you're STILL performing in your role. The team has to step it up, not you.

Holy christ , what? WTF are you talking about with winrates? Winrates dont justify entitled attitudes.

Winrate doesnt mean shiet because you are not effectively carrying 100% of those matches, dont act like you do. Your win rate is not personal its a team based game so it means you were in a team that won that mach X % ratio.

If you are getting countered and still are doing something, that doesnt mean you are performing your role, that means that your counter hasnt nullified you 100%, which is normal. However it ABSOLUTELY means that if you switch to something that is not countered at the moment, you increase your chances of winning.

"But but ... that wont be my best hero and i wont perform as good as ... bla bla"
- Yeah thats your fault, you should have a wider pool of heroes"
"But but ... why does not someone else switch to counter my counter or my whole team puts all efforts in that regard so i can be effective?"
- Because you cant always put the weight on someone else JFC. Dont force your team to play around your entitled attitude of not wanting to switch.

No one likes to be forced to do things and OTPs should know this more than anyone. You are playing with people, not bots, have fking empathy for god sakes and pull your weight when things go wrong and you get countered instead of ignoring every demand or request to switch.
T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶B̶l̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶.̶ ̶A̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶l̶o̶u̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶

N̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶.̶

EDIT: I stand corrected, Blizzard official comment that his reports are justified; however, there are many other players who are reported for same reasons with no comments on them. One being a high profile player.
Dude, you weren't banned for "picking an off-meta hero". Stop acting like you were. You were reported because of your awful turret placements, your lack of communication with the team, your lack of switching when Torb obviously wasn't working, your poor teamwork.

You were creating the toxic environment you so badly want to see gone.

Just because you farmed upvotes from people who didn't bother to watch the video because they want your narrative to be true, doesn't mean you're in the right.

You are the problem. People like you are the reason you uninstalled the game, and I hold absolutely no sympathy for you or your situation.
12/15/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Yamr3
This Blizzard team don't care bro. Actions speak louder than words.

Not calling anyone out, just speaking the truth.
12/15/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Dribble
Dude, you weren't banned for "picking an off-meta hero". Stop acting like you were. You were reported because of your awful turret placements,

You as a Torb expert with 1 minute playtime on him should know. Thanks for the insight.

your lack of communication with the team,

Not reportable, stated by rules from blizzard.

your lack of switching when Torb obviously wasn't working,

Thats like your opinion. I saw him taking Pharah out from the sky on his own.
Just because you dont understand his gameplay, doesnt mean its bad.

your poor teamwork.

Poor teamwork as stated by blizzard.
Poor teamwork is:
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion.(i.e. this team is horrible)

Doesnt apply here.

Just because you farmed upvotes from people who didn't bother to watch the video because they want your narrative to be true, doesn't mean you're in the right.

You are the problem. People like you are the reason you uninstalled the game, and I hold absolutely no sympathy for you or your situation.

The toxicity is created by the people throwing tantrums over hero picks.
He is just playing the game.
There are toxic players everywhere in comp, who always ruin the game. And they are those who should be ban.
When I am solo healing as mercy people will yell at me every time I die, and that’s the reason I stopped maining her.
Dude, you weren't banned for "picking an off-meta hero". Stop acting like you were. You were reported because of your awful turret placements, your lack of communication with the team, your lack of switching when Torb obviously wasn't working, your poor teamwork.

suboptimal play isn’t reportable
Dude, you weren't banned for "picking an off-meta hero". Stop acting like you were. You were reported because of your awful turret placements,

You as a Torb expert with 1 minute playtime on him should know. Thanks for the insight.

your lack of communication with the team,

Not reportable, stated by rules from blizzard.

your lack of switching when Torb obviously wasn't working,

Thats like your opinion. I saw him taking Pharah out from the sky on his own.
Just because you dont understand his gameplay, doesnt mean its bad.

your poor teamwork.

Poor teamwork as stated by blizzard.
Poor teamwork is:
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion.(i.e. this team is horrible)

Doesnt apply here.

The toxicity is created by the people throwing tantrums over hero picks.
He is just playing the game.
My playtime on Torb is irrelevant. I know how he plays, and he obviously wasn't working.

His communication could be summed up as "sassy comments"

His Torb pick was obviously not working and he wouldn't switch to prove a point. What sort of teamwork is that?

Just because he took down Pharah once doesn't mean he was working. If a Winston dived a Genji, killed him, but then proceeded to get destroyed by an enemy Reaper, then wouldn't switch because he got a kill on a Genji, would you say the same thing?

He was negatively communicating when he would instalock Torb, not switch and then just leave smart-!@# comments in the team chat. If that isn't an example of poor communication, I don't know what is.

And no, toxicity comes from people like him: people who will instalock an off-meta hero, basically crap on his team for criticizing his pick (even though it obviously wasn't working), and then come running, crying to the forums, making himself to be the victim because he knows that he'll gain positive attention.
12/15/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Purple

suboptimal play isn’t reportable

No, it isn't, but refusing to switch off the hero you're playing sub-optimally with and then ignoring your team's criticisms, leaving sassy comments on the team chat and then making a post on the forum, making himself to be the victim, is.
what is the big deal with people and one tricking. wtf, just learn more heroes. how are you 800 levels up and only play torb that sounds boring as hell. i'd have quit the game too from being bored out of my mind if i only played Lucio and no one else.
Your video clearly showed situations where you were being countered hard.... you didnt even have a chance to set up your turret.

You refused to switch.... that is considered poor teamwork. I play Hanzo and Doomfist, so I know exactly what its like playing a non meta hero..

Difference is, if Im being countered hard I switch, rather than acting stubborn like you.

I believe the ban was justified. There are 26 heroes on the roster. Stop refusing to play more than one, when you are being countered
12/14/2017 03:01 PMPosted by CosmicGhost
Good news Blizzard. Your report system is working, a Torb main is leaving the game.

The people who designed this game are not dumb. Great game, it's unplayable. My issues with this community while maining Torbjorn aside, this game has turned into a gamble with my time. It's too toxic, and your system is pushing the game towards more toxicity.

I have sent 5 tickets this week. Everytime, I state I am not repealing my ban. I just want information. I asked why am I banned. And how can I prevent that from happening in the future. You respond:

Following a review of your case, I can confirm that the evidence presented was correct, and that the subsequent action taken was appropriate. Our decision in this matter stands, and will not be overturned.

Your account has been suspended for actions and behaviour which are considered against the spirit of the game, due to reports from your fellow players. Such activites can include flaming or inappropriate language, toxic chat, non-participation in the game, or intentional behavior to provide an advantage to the enemy team or a disadvantage to your own team.

This game is bad for kids, your pro gaming advertising should be illegal. Your report system was conceived from ignorance, run on ignorance, and upheld by ignorance.

I recorded 1 day of gameplay after my ban. I was going to show how I can be banned for playing Torb. This one day sums up overwatch experience for me. It's broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMyaf4stmU

Uninstalled, trying out new games... happier.

Sad to hear that you are leaving us, but i do understand your point. I was one of those people who hated torb but now i approach it with understanding as long as they are in the team chat constantly helping, talking, communicating which i have met some torbs like that, i had some good matches with them too. So pls blizzard be more carefull about bans and unban this guy :)
This is a cooperative team based game and you are consistently angering people to the point where they are reporting you. If you want to one trick go to quickplay. Ive played torb and sym many times in comp and have never been banned. Why? Because when it isnt working I communicate with my team and switch classes if necessary. If you dont want to be a team player in a team game, then good riddance. Go play a single player game if you want to be selfish.
CosmicGhost,

You have over 220 reports for harassment. Looking at your chat logs, these reports are verified. Here are some examples:

now im dont give a [expletive]
they can [expletive] my [expletive]too
you deranged addicted nerd
and this community is ignorant and insane
im the reason for anything good
good morning you sad sad dumb generation
LONG WALK FOR A PILE OF [expletive]

Plus you continually accuse other players of hacking -- we're seeing this in a significant percentage of your games played. The players you are accusing are not hacking, they are just performing at a high level.

Also, you repeatedly spam lines such as:

TOrbrbrbrbBrbrbrBrBrBRBBRBRBRBRbRBRBRbRB

Our community has made it clear to us that Toxicity is one of the top issues that needs to be addressed in this game. As a result, we're getting stricter and that means people are going to get suspended and banned for poor behavior. You've fallen into that category.
Highly Rated
Rekt by jeff

R.I.P OP
Highly Rated
OH SNAP
*grabs popcorn*
Highly Rated
12/15/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
CosmicGhost,

You have over 220 reports for harassment. Looking at your chat logs, these reports are verified. Here are some examples:

now im dont give a [expletive]
they can [expletive] my [expletive]too
you deranged addicted nerd
and this community is ignorant and insane
im the reason for anything good
good morning you sad sad dumb generation
LONG WALK FOR A PILE OF [expletive]

Plus you continually accuse other players of hacking -- we're seeing this in a significant percentage of your games played. The players you are accusing are not hacking, they are just performing at a high level.

Also, you repeatedly spam lines such as:

TOrbrbrbrbBrbrbrBrBrBRBBRBRBRBRbRBRBRbRB

Our community has made it clear to us that Toxicity is one of the top issues that needs to be addressed in this game. As a result, we're getting stricter and that means people are going to get suspended and banned for poor behavior. You've fallen into that category.
Well then.
Highly Rated
GEETTTTTTTTT DUNKEEEEEDDDDD ONNNNNNNNN
Jeff just told you.