7 Bans, 1 year. No response to tickets. Quitting

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
I love when Jeff goes troll hunting and takes another one out.
TOrbrbrbrbBrbrbrBrBrBRBBRBRBRBRbRBRBRbRB

I can't stop laughing when i read this. LOL

Now i need make a dwarf in WoW and put TOrbrbrbrb as nickname.
12/15/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
CosmicGhost,

You have over 220 reports for harassment. Looking at your chat logs, these reports are verified. Here are some examples:

now im dont give a [expletive]
they can [expletive] my [expletive]too
you deranged addicted nerd
and this community is ignorant and insane
im the reason for anything good
good morning you sad sad dumb generation
LONG WALK FOR A PILE OF [expletive]

Plus you continually accuse other players of hacking -- we're seeing this in a significant percentage of your games played. The players you are accusing are not hacking, they are just performing at a high level.

Also, you repeatedly spam lines such as:

Our community has made it clear to us that Toxicity is one of the top issues that needs to be addressed in this game. As a result, we're getting stricter and that means people are going to get suspended and banned for poor behavior. You've fallen into that category.

So you are taking single lines out of context to blame a player?

Can you please also post what others have said before these statements were made?

I am quite sure they are the result of others harassing him, because that's what makes even the most polite person rage in this game.
CosmicGhost,

You have over 220 reports for harassment. Looking at your chat logs, these reports are verified. Here are some examples:

Plus you continually accuse other players of hacking -- we're seeing this in a significant percentage of your games played. The players you are accusing are not hacking, they are just performing at a high level.

Our community has made it clear to us that Toxicity is one of the top issues that needs to be addressed in this game. As a result, we're getting stricter and that means people are going to get suspended and banned for poor behavior. You've fallen into that category.
Why am I thinking that this guy can be a little toxic at times, like most players, but legitimately was reported for playing Torb when his team didn't want it? But in order to justify the ban, the GMs just search through chat logs to find enough instances of him being rude (which once again, they could probably find for all of us) and use them them as evidence that all the reports must be genuine? You're telling me he has 220 instances of being rude in chat? I doubt that.

And yet the community eats this up with no critical thinking or consideration for obvious PR campaigns. The fact is that the report system is automated, and that GMs are told to be "hands-off" because it is a "community-driven system". Finding a few instances of someone being tilted in chat does not mean that the system isn't being abused and he isn't being punished unfairly. We can't personally look through his account stats or chatlogs to know for sure.

I think that at the very least we should be notified whenever we are reported, so at least the community would have a better idea of whether or not they are being reported for genuine reasons.
12/15/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Purple
12/15/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Araxen

He knows what he got banned for. Don't pretend to be naive so you can troll the thread.
He wanted clarification. Support did not give it to him.

He had to be publicly humiliated for that clarification.

*after insulting the dev team and their system, insiting people and asking himslef to get an explanation in this thread, one response of which he shared himself to the public.
i think people should not make themselves the victims when causing such a ruckus
The "community" has made it clear that they dislike how you talk to ding dong bannu haHAA
12/15/2017 12:12 PMPosted by possumcorpse
CosmicGhost,

Nice blame shifting.

Do you know what those look like? Responses to being harassed. Which he clearly provided evidence of and anyone who plays any off meta character on a regular basis knows as fact. You aren't banning people for toxicity because you don't actually get that many reports for it. You get that many reports for playing off meta, not joining team chat, or allowing people to find out you are a woman/child or part of some minority group it is popular to discriminate against.

Then you people at blizzard craft a false story around those reports that suites your needs. It is literally every game you play in comp as offmeta where at least half your team has a melt down and starts throwing or trying to tilt you from the start. None of those people are being banned because you have waffled on the issue of character selection and it has fostered an environment of mobs forming and blaming anyone who wants to play off meta; all you are doing is victim blaming.

It's like hockey if a guy punches you and you punch them back your both going to the box, but if you just walk away it's only him. All the OP should have done is report and keep doing his best but he didn't he returned the toxicity and is paying the price as he should.
12/15/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Audaylon
Then you'll Just post on the forums like the OP and poppa will pick your best lines for you.

That just emphasizes my point more clearly.

If say Jeff doesn't like me after a match we played together (or hell, after I typed up comments in these forums), Jeff has full range of power to paint me in a negative light.

I'm not saying that he would, but he has that power to do exactly that. And even if I'm innocent, EVERYONE will believe him, because he's Jeff from the Overwatch team.

That's a scary thing to think about. I don't think that's particularly fair, for anyone.

Edit - Also, it's not hard to paint someone in a negative light if you cherry pick examples. Dinoflasks' videos are a prime example of that, and are only satire because we can visually see the video cuts. In text form as a transcript, everything said in Dinoflasks videos could literally be viewed as libel.
12/15/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Shirayuki
All the OP should have done is report and keep doing his best but he didn't he returned the toxicity and is paying the price as he should.
Oh, then that's why Fuey was banned. Explains everything.
CosmicGhost,

Thanks, Jeff.
12/15/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Shirayuki
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Nice blame shifting.

Do you know what those look like? Responses to being harassed. Which he clearly provided evidence of and anyone who plays any off meta character on a regular basis knows as fact. You aren't banning people for toxicity because you don't actually get that many reports for it. You get that many reports for playing off meta, not joining team chat, or allowing people to find out you are a woman/child or part of some minority group it is popular to discriminate against.

Then you people at blizzard craft a false story around those reports that suites your needs. It is literally every game you play in comp as offmeta where at least half your team has a melt down and starts throwing or trying to tilt you from the start. None of those people are being banned because you have waffled on the issue of character selection and it has fostered an environment of mobs forming and blaming anyone who wants to play off meta; all you are doing is victim blaming.

It's like hockey if a guy punches you and you punch them back your both going to the box, but if you just walk away it's only him. All the OP should have done is report and keep doing his best but he didn't he returned the toxicity and is paying the price as he should.
except those people who bullied him are walking away unscathed, and the ref just pantsed op in the center rink

This isn’t justice. This is a witch hunt.
quick Jeff! apologize and give him a widow skin and a years membership to wow for that roast
12/15/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Noxgarm
I don't care about the OTP issue. It's not even an issue. It's just a battle horse for disingenuous persons like you. I threw him in the pyre, mere seconds after he post is original post, because I can tell a liar when I read one. Too bad you ain't that sharp, buster.

Ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?

Constantly treating everyone as guilty is a bad practice, because in the case that someone is genuinely innocent, they get punished for it.

Fuey being the hallmark example.

12/15/2017 12:13 PMPosted by Noxgarm
And you are? I took Blizz on words alone, you took OP on words alone. Blizz was able to come through and give proof. OP WAS NOT. Who is it that's not objective, again?

I enter every single thread like this with a neutral stance. That's true objectivity.

If they have the decency to post chat logs and even admit that they've been toxic in the past, that raises their credibility and makes me want to believe their case.

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is not toxic. It's humane. If they're guilty, the case will resolve itself. But if they're innocent, then they damn well better get people behind their cause, otherwise more innocents will be punished.

OP just wanted a straight answer on whether or not he was banned for being a OTP Torb. We still don't have a straight answer for, by the way. All Jeff did was confirm what we already knew, by OPs own admission, that OP says toxic things.

We don't know when those comments happened. If they happened during launch week, and OP has truly reformed, that's a bad practice for humiliation.

Yes, theses are all speculative, hypothetical, ifs, but they need to be, for the people that are genuinely concerned and worried that they'll one-day be banned.

Okay, I'll say it: If you're afraid you're going to get banned, you probably deserved to be. I've never followed the meta. NOT. ONCE. I play quite a bit of Symettra, I played Junkrat a LOT when he was considered not viable, and I still hold the belief that you can play Overwatch without a healer. And I've never, even once, thought that I would be banned. Because I don't deserve to be. And I have yet to be banned.

Stop with the hypothetical, and get with the real: people wrongly beign banned are a vast minority. But you would scrap the whole system just because it has hiccups.

Again: you're the reason why toxicity is rampant. And I don't say it as Noxgarm. I say it as <redacted>. Cause I got nothing to hide, and if the Devs don't get the benefice of being anonymous, neither should we. Out.

Moderator note: While we appreciate your candor, please do not post your real world personal information on our forums. These forums do get indexed by Google.
12/15/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Elfcrippler
CosmicGhost,

Why am I thinking that this guy can be a little toxic at times, like most players, but legitimately was reported for playing Torb when his team didn't want it? But in order to justify the ban, the GMs just search through chat logs to find enough instances of him being rude (which once again, they could probably find for all of us) and use them them as evidence that all the reports must be genuine? You're telling me he has 220 instances of being rude in chat? I doubt that.

And yet the community eats this up with no critical thinking or consideration for obvious PR campaigns. The fact is that the report system is automated, and that GMs are told to be "hands-off" because it is a "community-driven system". Finding a few instances of someone being tilted in chat does not mean that the system isn't being abused and he isn't being punished unfairly. We can't personally look through his account stats or chatlogs to know for sure.

I think that at the very least we should be notified whenever we are reported, so at least the community would have a better idea of whether or not they are being reported for genuine reasons.
No one really cares that he was or wasn't being toxic. Instalock OT's should be banned, regardless of what the rules state.
12/15/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Araxen
I'm not advocating for the OP, he deserved the ban, consequences. But what I think his point was, is that it would be nice if the ban actually TELLS you why you got banned and for what actions, SPECIFICALLY. Even though he is a toxic player, his point still stands; we need to have band tell you what you are doping and what activities you need to stop. The response he got from the system itsef is vague and nebulous. It would be nice if those of us who are banned can actually know what we did in order to improve our actions.

He knows what he got banned for. Don't pretend to be naive so you can troll the thread.

Right, and you may be correct. I'm not arguing that. But what about the rest of us?
Go Jeff
12/14/2017 03:01 PMPosted by CosmicGhost
Your account has been suspended for actions and behaviour which are considered against the spirit of the game, due to reports from your fellow players. Such activites can include flaming or inappropriate language, toxic chat, non-participation in the game, or intentional behavior to provide an advantage to the enemy team or a disadvantage to your own team.

You said they provided no info? Dude...its literally right there.....
CosmicGhost,

People are idiots if they think blizzard doesnt log chat
When people start racist crap I insta report them and give them a little friendly reminder that chat logs are logged